1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Question about demands.

Discussion in 'Groups' started by Fenex, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Fenex

Fenex Builder Stabber

I just wanted to know what the limits of a end of war demand is and if there aren't to discuss what rules there should be.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  2. Red47

Red47 Shipwright

Well I feel it can be almost anything that won't be crippling long term, doesn't single a single individual from their team out, (I.e. making that guy in the dragon armour half way across the map who didn't even realise his team lost a war, let alone was in one forfeit his armour) or generally make that team unplayable. They must be (semi) reasonable... No asking for say... 9999999 stone, wood, addy/mithryl, and it must be within their abilities to actually meet the demand. No asking the humans (who may have no access to a coal deposit say) for 1000 coal... As it's simply not feasible. Of course this is me speaking here, not the server owner. Keep in mind it's a game, so don't ruin it for everyone. I'd say the most of any resource you could ask for would be 2000, and for the rarer ores 300. No making multiple demands. If you want resources, ask for resources (to a total max of 3500, 2000 max of any one resource), but you can't also then say you want half their land as well as their hot air balloon or whatever. As said before, this is my guideline. NOT the server owner's.

3. Fenex

Fenex Builder Stabber

Okay those seem like okay guidelines, what do you think about the demand to destroy all of your base and structures or would that fall under long term crippling as it sets you back compared to others?

4. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

I would think that this is entitled to all during war.
    After all, the whole point of war is to defeat them and put them back quite a bit, and mostly destroying the structures in their path before capturing the tent.
    Of course, you most likely could ask them, but, yet again, should be done in war in case any admin thinks it's greifing.

5. Red47

Red47 Shipwright

I reckon that'd be crippling. Maybe say they've to allow you to build your own ladders over their existing bases/whatever. Don't try to cripple them too much, use common sense...

6. Aphelion

Aphelion Wunderkind Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

There's now a new rule allowing only one term.

7. Sasquash

Sasquash Zicronium Merchant Donator

Aphelion, under that rule I have a concern; there was a set of human players that for about three games that I was present were roleplaying an empire and basically taking all land as theirs, claiming that they'd made vassals out of each of the other nations and would use this excuse to basically act like all races save angels were their slaves and would enforce this by breaking down any structure in their path saying this was per their war terms and usually they weren't on the human borders at all; An actual vassal nation pays fealty (wealth often in soldiers, food and water taxation, resource or physical coin taxation). Things degraded as they tried to force this on players that showed up. One of their "wars" was against the dwarves when there were no players and they would start attacking prior to declaring war, the rest of the races had few players and would wind up being crippled because there were at least 6 humans all denying map votes and persisting in this. A good many of us felt this was quite illegal but the point that they were roleplaying an imperial-colonial force kept getting pushed so I left.

I do believe the main culprit inspiring this was Forever114, but Goophat was definitely sitting there arguing the terms and "justifying" what his team did with the terminology I described above, though the whole human team was going with it so, there were obviously others involved. Wasn't certain if this was a valid report or not so thought I would question it here

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  8. Tarbis

Tarbis Catapult Fodder

Same Problem here.
    I was playing elves and we had orks too. 2 Elves, 2 Orks and it happened what happened a lot in my opinion, one side started being anoying and provoking (crossing borders, cutting wood, carving a huge hole into the land) until the other side started the war to get rid of them.
    Well, we lost war and the demand was, that the winner can destroy our whole base. It was work of hours and i think this is way too much.
    I didn't even imagine, someone would ask for something like this, until i saw this
    There was realy no other meaning in this, then to make the bigest trolling possible, after alredy being anoying a lot.
    On the other side we aledy won a war against the others and our demand, to stop this big hole, was ignored.

I would like a guideline about demands from the administrators and i would like to know,
    how people are suposed to defend against someone, who starts provoking behavior, without a better roleplayback-ground then
    "because i can and its fun to make you angry". I dont want to be forced to start a war to get rid of this behavior.
    People sometimes feel not the need to follow a demand like "leave us alone", when there is no admin around, so it doesn't help anyway sometimes.

9. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

There needs to be a system for war scripted in, or a rule for war.
    One that there has to be more than a few players on a race for you to go to war. Example.
    Say there is a human team with 5 players, trying to go to war with a team with a team with less than 5. It won't let you go to war with them. Set a minimum player number requirement set at 5 players minimum. This way people just joining into a race can't be fucked over due to a player wanting to just kill that player.

10. master-chief

master-chief Arsonist

also aphelion... since there are no rules for the one type of term you make ask that means you can ask for things that would seem godlike.......
    for instance il give a examples.

example: if a person (lets say duke) were to lose in a war with another race would that race be able to ask the term for duke NEVER becomeing angel again

as you can see there isnt any rule saying that someone cant ask that nor any rule saying that duke cant ignore it. there are many many things i can think of that are just as bad

11. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Pretty sure there is a line of common sense that has to be followed. Sure we could use some more direction with how terms are met, but I think it only counts for that specific team. It cannot count for when you change teams. You can't control how someone completely plays the game.

12. master-chief

master-chief Arsonist

but thats jsut it there isent any rule agenst it

13. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Shouldn't have to be rules for every little inch, though. For instance if an admin goes up to tell them "no" then that should be the end of that.

14. master-chief

master-chief Arsonist

true but there are things that shouldn't be allowed like a whole race exile form their own land

15. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

A race exile is fairly proper in an RP sense, since it happened all the time for real, years ago. You should and are able to take over land and kick them out from theirs.

16. master-chief

master-chief Arsonist

yes but then no other race takes them in what do they do then...most will jsut leave the server
    and the fact that if new players come in woudl they also be exiled

i have a idea only let war be allowed if there is atlest 2-3 or more members on both races that are goign to war

17. KingChaos

KingChaos Catapult Fodder
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

LETS GET AN ADMINS OPINION ON THIS INSTEAD OF SAYING THE SAME THINGS BACK AND FORTH FOR CHRISTS SAKE

18. Duke_Jordan

Duke_Jordan King Arthur's Knight Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I liked Reds view on this, actually.

19. Red47

Red47 Shipwright

I'm not even an admin there anymore, and haven't played in almost a year ;P

20. Duke_Jordan

Duke_Jordan King Arthur's Knight Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I'm aware