1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

When did you start playing KAG and how did you find it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fellere825, Nov 6, 2011.

1. timeismoney25

timeismoney25 Shopkeep Stealer

I loved the old graphics and old chat box. Those were the days.

2. LLC

LLC Shipwright

I heard about it from somewhere (I honestly can't remember where), and I started play Kag on Sep 6.

3. The-CrabSpy

The-CrabSpy Shipwright

I started about... four days ago? lol seems pretty lousy compared to some of you veterans :D

Found it off of TB's livestream, bought the game yesterday.

4. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

Vet, newb, whatever everyone is a part of this community now ha ha

Contrary and Beef like this.
  5. allknowingfrog

allknowingfrog Bison Rider

Coming around on two weeks. I completely abandoned all other responsibilities the day I downloaded. Bought premium the next day. This game is like crack...I'm assuming.

I actually found KAG through YouTube while checking out Terraria. If they had a Linux build, my life might have turned out very differently.

FuzzyBlueBaron and Wonkyth like this.
  6. Arrunas

Arrunas Shopkeep Stealer

I know somebody who plays and loves kag for nearly exactly the same reasons, decent games on linux are few and far between. I mean there are some good ones but its things like openufo and openciv which whilst awesome arent new games.

Push this out there somewhere for the linux community and we/they'll lap it up :)

7. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Nearing two week like allknowingfrog ^^. I kept watching over Wonkyth's shoulder and thinking "You could so improve that building by doing x...". After two week of play, what's changed? Well, the biggest thing is that I'm no longer a bottom tier swordsman - not a first-class one, but definitely not bottom rung either. And I'm starting to workout how to use bombs intelligently... Sometimes... :P

8. Vatx

Vatx Ballista Bolt Thrower

I started to play this about a month ago, when i played it for a day, i fell in love and instantly bought it ;F

9. BindNation

BindNation Bison Rider

I started around June '11 as well. I knew about this game earlier but I didn't care so much to play it. Once the more stable builds came out, I got a little interested and decided to give it a whirl. But when you had to make an account, I was a little skeptical. I did make one, but I encountered some difficulties here and there with multiplayer login... I gave up for a little then tried again. This time it worked and I've been hooked since!

10. Marijuana

Marijuana Shipwright

I think I saw it on Bay12 at the beginning of November, and I bought gold twice right after I made my account. Cause this game is just that good.

11. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Hello, I am very interested in how my fellow KAG players found out about KAG so if you you please, leave a comment on how you came about KAG.
    ...GHOZT...

SirSalami likes this.
  12. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Me personally i found out via a australian TV show Good Game on the ABC!

13. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

I found it by watching TotalBiscuit's livestream where he played this game for a bit.

14. masonmistel

masonmistel Comma King Donator

Same, I f***ing love TotalHalibut. I found out by watching that and I joined November 26, 2011.

15. Skycow

Skycow Shipwright

Overlord got me into it.

16. IloveElectro

IloveElectro Base Burner

I found it by Minecraft I think from the twitter of Notch or his blog.

17. hansel

hansel Shopkeep Stealer

18. SirSalami

SirSalami THD Team THD Team Administrator

If i remember correctly, kotaku was the first to bring KAG to my attention.

Thanks for posting this GHOZT. Not only am I interested to know, this is very valuable info for the developers! Good stuff!

GHOZT likes this.
  19. masonmistel

masonmistel Comma King Donator

If I remember correctly, I actually made a post about this right when I joined the forums. In fact, it was one of my first posts. Unfortunately, it got no love at all. :(

GHOZT likes this.
  20. SirSalami

SirSalami THD Team THD Team Administrator

masonmistel, i remember a similar thread at some point as well (probably yours). In fact, GHOZT had politely asked me if such a thread existed before posting this one. Alas, after searching, we found nothing. Perhaps it got lost in the migration to the new forum system?