1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Banning Premium Griefers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vidar, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Metal_Webb

Metal_Webb Shipwright

Oh of course. Insta-ban for everything is a bit over the top. Make the punishment fit the crime and all that jazz. Just some people get the idea in their head that because they've given someone money they can do whatever they want.

2. beaneebar

beaneebar Shipwright

Is it ok, to troll the opposite team? :P

3. Trae

Trae Shopkeep Stealer

Nah, it is actually sometimes a bannable offense to kill players on the opposing team.
    Also, you have to remember always to give the advantage to the enemy, since you else can be accused of unfair play :B):

4. beaneebar

beaneebar Shipwright

Trolling like how, is a bannable offence?

5. Trae

Trae Shopkeep Stealer

Seriousmode: Trolling in any way, shape or form your own team is bannable.
    Doing it to the opponents is completely fine, as thats what the game is about.
    I always destroy enemies workshops for example, as it weakens their defense. (this is only if im a rambo in their castle)

6. beaneebar

beaneebar Shipwright

oh right, i was worried for a sec

7. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Yeah, I guess that's what I'm getting at.
    If you've got the balls to troll me while I'm griefer hunting, then I've got the balls to shoot you down, biatch.

If I'm just playing, however, then troll me all you want. Just make sure to whack a smiley on the end, so as to keep it in the realm of jokes. =P

8. beaneebar

beaneebar Shipwright

Fair play

9. 0008

0008 Shipwright

I'm not a griefer, I mostly dislike griefers but I don't get why people shouldn't be refunded for these types of things, I'm not too angry at KAG but sometimes things like this are abused fairly badly by mods/devs/companies and even KAG should refund an asshole if it isn't too much of hassle, it just seems like something the bigger person does.

10. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

In KAG, not often is a person ever banned for more than a week, and when they are it's serious.
    Besides, it's less of a matter of punishment and more of maintaining game quality for the rest of you.

Noburu likes this.
  11. bills6693

bills6693 Shopkeep Stealer

I encountered a premium griefer last night. I wasn't the one to spot him, but when someone said "Hey, ***** is griefing, everyone tab-kick", but we couldn't, and the griefer said something along the lines of "yeah i'm premium so you can't kick me for griefing". I can't remember it completley, but he admitted to griefing and arrogant about being unkickable. If there was a guard around then yeah they would have been kicked, but there wasn't.

Is tab-kicking really used in a malicious way? I can understand F12-vote kicking being used maliciously, but most players won't tab-kick without cause I think, I for example only will if it is clear they are a griefer, I don't just do it before they can explain themselves.

12. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I've seen it used when it doesn't deserve to be, a good example is end of level last person alive, the other team has lots of lives, but can't get to the flag or it will take forever to do so, guy keeps digging deeper, eventually people just kick him cause they want to play.

13. bills6693

bills6693 Shopkeep Stealer

This is a fair point, and in this case I obviously agree, and so yes on a premium player who has paid they should not be expected to put up with this...

14. allknowingfrog

allknowingfrog Bison Rider

Are you suggesting that tunneling with no intention of grabbing the flag or fighting the enemy is an acceptable behavior for the last man on a team? I would argue that that should be a kickable offense no matter how many people are left.

15. 16th

16th Bison Rider

I see one speedhacking toworow. Name was Iskander ore like this...

16. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Tomorrow is the future tense. You mean today? If so, get a video of them doing it and post it here; they'll be banned.

17. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

No idea if he was going for the flag, he was going in that direction, but considering it was a decent sized map and he just started the tunnel and was at the bottom under his tent, chances of him making it there were probably close to zero. I don't think it's something you should be kicked for because it is a valid tactic, it's not the fastest, but who said you have to be the fastest at getting the flag.

18. 16th

16th Bison Rider

I mean esterday :D

19. BindNation

BindNation Bison Rider

Well... even though they'll lose there premium status and money, they can still grief right? It's still pretty annoying and they might even greif harder! Shouldn't we have a zero-tolerance policy for grieving and cheating? Also, some sort of fail safe so that innocent people don't get accused.

20. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

They won't just lose the premium; they'll lose the account. They'd have to get a new email to make a new one. That alone is enough to deter most griefers, which are simply young teenagers who've yet to develop a sense of empathy. The few serious assholes who're so obsessive who'd keep coming back can be IP banned. If they try and get around this, their machine has a unique address we can ban.

And really, it takes us less than a second to ban a griefer. Literally three clicks of my mouse and someone's gone. One click to freeze them if they're in danger of actually doing harm. On most servers with regulars they'll be tab kicked quickly too.

In regards the fall safe; That used to be a huge problem. We've mostly circumvented this with the tab kick. As well as this, I can pretty much guarantee you you won't be banned by Royal Guard unless you deserve it. On the vanishingly slim chance you do, come to the forums and let us know. We'll get to the bottom of it, considering all Guards automatically have logs taken, and most take screens/videos of the person they're going to kick.

Really, we're not soft on griefers here man. It's more the fact there's no shortage of immature people with a stunted sense of empathy.