1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Builder Pick-axe buff

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by kodysch, Dec 4, 2014.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

I'm simply suggesting that builders do one heart of damage instead of half a heart. Everything will be the same just half a heart more damage. This would add some more livability to builders and encourage them to move up front with the rest of the team, as well as being able to not be total shit when a knight makes it into a base.

PUNK123 and TROPICALear5 like this.
  2. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

I think I'd be OK with it, but maybe add in the stun when it hits a shield, that way knights don't get easily picked to death by a pick spamming builder.

Tern and kodysch like this.
  3. Jepton

Jepton Shipwright

Builders, if they go to the front lines, are supposed to be #1 priority. 1-heart damage would be an unholy-level of OP. It'd outclass Knigt slashes.

4. kodysch

no stunning, almost zero range/random hit chance that is the same speed as jabs that is countered by holding the shield button out classes slashes that have greater range , aoe/penetration, stunning, with an easy potential to deal 4 hearts of damage in a second? I think not.

5. rymcd

rymcd Bison Rider Staff Alumni Tester

I would love to see builders hit for one heart. I know combat isn't a job for the builder but I feel like a team of builders should be able to kill a knight without a drill, boulder, or spike.

kodysch and Horse_That_Goes_Ni like this.
  6. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Bu-bu-b-but 2 hitting archers? Haven't you experienced the lag builder hits? You can hit people telepathically through tunnels and shit sometimes....
    Can we settle for like 3/4 a heart? I know archers shouldn't be meleeing builders in the first place, but...

Maybe just giving the pickaxe a jab-like stun would be good? That might make builder fights more interesting as well, because it would be even more beneficial to try to get the first hit and hop away before he can hit you back. I guess that would make it a lot harder to slash builders, but... that could be a good thing. Right now you can just sit on their head and charge up your swing no problem.

(First it might help to actually be able to hit people with it, instead of targeting random nearby trees instead)

7. kodysch

I like this a lot I think it should all be tested and actually tried out in a game to see what feels op or balanced. Does anyone know how to change these variables? I can host a server, if someone would help me to implement the changes i'd be extremely interested in seeing how these mechanics feel.

8. Jepton

Jepton Shipwright

Aw fuck I meant jabs. They'd outclass jabs, because the fire-rate for mining seems faster than jabbing.

9. kodysch

jabs stun, big difference.

10. kittycity

kittycity Haxor

Great idea but first they would have to fix pick-axes in the first place. Hitting another builder with a pickaxe is so ganky sometimes it works other times it doesnt.

11. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

I suggest that the pickaxe doesn't deal damage on players when picking, but when not holding any material you can make a charged slam with the axe/club. This would make builder vs builder fights less stab-spamming and more slash-spamming where the builder with best timing wins.

kodysch likes this.
  12. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Maybe after they fix builders being invincible from certain angles and while holding doors, this would be viable. Otherwise, you'd find yourself losing 2 hearts a second for every second that you can't hit a builder for one of these reasons.

13. yeah I think that's pretty stupid tbh, workers would just go berserk

14. Horse_That_Goes_Ni

Horse_That_Goes_Ni Your favorite Persian Staff Alumni Donator

Yea there only role in their tiny kag life is chop down trees and mine stone. Pretty much be bitches in a kitchen. Ej pls

kodysch likes this.
  15. Vermilicious

Vermilicious Ballista Bolt Thrower

Not even with a drill is a builder of much use in combat. I do think builders could use a small buff of some sort.

16. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

Builder new best combative class!

Well, archers would be so easily killed, it wouldn't be funny, and they pickaxe I think slightly faster than jab, so better than jab-spamming, yeah way to OP sorry, just think it would break the game.

Mods: Rainbows