1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Archer health buff and Builder health nerf

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by J-man2003, Nov 27, 2014.

?

Do you think this should be added?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

94.0%
  3. Only archer buff

4.0%
  4. Only builder nerf

2.0%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

ik, but it's not like you'll see a builder walking up to a knight and picking at him, maybe boulders, but they support combat, and everything else.

SharkT likes this.
  2. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

I spike drop every knight that comes towards me......Combat builders FTW

SharkT likes this.
  3. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

This nerf would be a buff for archers as it would, as said, make camping less attractive, making archers think of what they actually are doing.

NERF -> BUFF

4. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

I also boulder all the noobs.... like so fun

5. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

I agree with Verz - more damage up close for archers. I personally think stomping should be easier for archers. I have tried playing a stomping archer from time to time and it just doesn't pay off. The only time it is ever considered is when I am 1v1 with a builder and I'm spamming arrows.

Also, the range of the shotgun should be reduced significantly. Having 4 hearts in my pack and getting hit by two arrows from half the map away is the most bullshit annoying thing ever. Especially when you can't even tell when the shotgun has been charged due to fucked up animations.

Verzuvius and SharkT like this.
  6. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

Well crud, must of made this thread when I wasn't thinking... oh well, realize now that it's balanced very well, time to change my vote and fit in with the kewl catz.

7. Pharphis

Pharphis Tree Planter

Archers can now only DO dmg up close. It's ridiculous. Shotgun range has already been nerfed and is trash. Without an appropriate RANGED special attack the archer is already a close-quarters class and that's silly

ShnitzelKiller and J-man2003 like this.
  8. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

[​IMG]

Well, thats the problem. People think that you are only able to deal damage with the shotgun...

SirDangalang likes this.
  9. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Git gud

SirDangalang likes this.
  10. Pharphis

Pharphis Tree Planter

I get kills with the shotgun and normal shot but I feel like the shotgun was an unneeded nerf to archers with respect to ranged attacks, and an unneeded buff against knights in close quarters.

"get gud" lol

I would be fine if shotgun range wasn't nerfed but firing single arrows is not only boring it's less effective (at times) for long range combat.

11. Blue_Tiger

It's boring cus you suck at it and miss every shot and hide behind platforms too.

12. Pharphis

Pharphis Tree Planter

try harder, troll

13. Blue_Tiger

At what? Only time I have nothing to do is when I'm cowering behind a platform spamming arrows at good archers who don't need to camp behind them.

14. TROPICALear5

TROPICALear5 Shopkeep Stealer

Soon this would make archers too overpowered against knights, imagine being a knight and slashing an archer (they don't die). Builders upfront would be useless!

15. Pharphis

Pharphis Tree Planter

Try harder at trolling. I thought that was pretty obvious.

There is good reason to stay behind platforms, sometimes. Sometimes there is good reason to advance. Knowing when to do what is something that distinguishes good play from bad. you sound silly when you say that "good archers don't need platforms". With that logic, I guess good knights don't need other knights, and good builders don't need anything for support

16. Vermilicious

Vermilicious Ballista Bolt Thrower

Builders are vital both in defence and offence, but their fighting capabilities are no match for either knights og archers. To nerf their health would make them pretty much useless offensive-wise (getting a babysitter is hard enough as it is).

Indeed. No one's forcing you to use your special attack in every situation, just like you as a knight wouldn't slash all the time.
    The old triple shot was way too deadly. I'm glad they made this change.

17. startselect3

startselect3 Arsonist

anyone else find it weird that if you add up the percentages of votes it adds up to 100.1%?
    also this idea is really dumb, archer are hard enough to kill already, and builders are too easy to kill.

18. noname42

noname42 Shipwright

The values are approximate because the exact values are periodic. :B):

19. Blue_Tiger

It's because of shit like a third plus a third plus a third = 1. But if you round those thirds to 2 decimal places, you get 0.33. Adding three 0.33s together will get you 0.99. Inaccuracies are a mess, can't wait 'till we switch to a base-12 system.

Mods: Rainbows