1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[accepted] rymcd

Discussion in 'Archive' started by rymcd, Dec 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rymcd

rymcd Bison Rider Staff Alumni Tester

• Which continent are you from? North America (CA)
    • How often do you play? I play everyday for hours, it's been my favorite game for a long time.
    • What times are you usually available (Please answer with your timezone)? I'm available from 12:00pm till 2:00am(est). I'm not in school, I work at home, and I don't sleep a lot.
      Which well known servers have you had admin on before? (if yes, answer the following sub-questions below as well) Rayne's Action ctf, Vlyns ctf, King Eriksson ctf, Last kings ctf, Shark ctf, Guros MLK ctf. King Erikssons and Last kings are no longer up.
      • Did you simply get admin because you are a friend of the owner? I'm friends with the owners of Last kings, Shark ctf, Rayne's action and Guros mlk . However it's because they thought I would be good for the position. None of these servers hand out admin positions to friends, you always needed to show you're capable of doing your job right as well. I applied for King Erikksons and private messaged Vlyn requesting to be admin and he accepted.
      • How long were you admin? For Vlyns I think its been a little over a year. Around 8 months for Last Kings, 3 months for Shark ctf, I think around 2-3 month for King erikksons, since early December for Guros mlk, and about 2 months for Raynes action server.
      • Was your admin status ever removed and if so why? No I'm still admin at all these places.
    • Do you have any recommendations from guards or server owners or other notable people?
    • Why should you get admin and what makes you a good admin? I have experience already and I believe I've done a good job. I know the difference between right and wrong and I enjoy being a good admin in general. I also know how to use rcon commands and I know the expectations of an official admin. I also dealt with plenty of hackers and have a good understanding of how to identify it. Another thing is I have no problem with people playing the game casually and not following meta. I can figure out if someones new or griefing easily. I also have no problem dealing with the situations admins have to fix and I put my full attention towards it until its over.
    • Any other information you think might be relevant? I've hosted somewhat large and successful events in KAG. I've always provided a fun and friendly experience without any real conflict. I would like to add that some server owners had different expectations and rules for me. I never had trouble doing so and I have no issue with reporting why someone is being kicked or banned. Official servers should be the place where people can go to avoid the conflict that can appear in a private server. I respect that concept and would not ever treat an official server like a private server.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
    SAcptm, toffie0, Gurin and 9 others like this.
  2. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

+1 Yup. 10/10 would bang again. Also, would be fabulous on the team. ::):

3. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

+1 moderately entertaining, I've enjoyed his presence when I've found occasion to be within it. Hur.

4. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

+1, Mature, Friendly, and humble.

5. +1 responsible dude

RampageX likes this.
  6. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Does this statement still represent your opinion about official servers?

7. rymcd

rymcd Bison Rider Staff Alumni Tester

If I remember right I was pretty upset that day because I had been harassed by someone on alt accounts. At the time I was prickly because I didn't use IRC and I didn't really know any admins personally. Overall I should've just asked for help and I think those experiences has improved my tolerance.

It doesn't represent my opinion at all anymore, I play on official servers everyday.

UnnamedPlayer likes this.
  8. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

The Fact that the admin applications have been opened up again are a result of jigs feelings.
    I think he would make a great admin.
    +1

9. neil58

neil58 Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

10. kittycity

kittycity Haxor

Very understanding and chill. Fixes problems easily and makes everyone happy. +1

11. Solaris

Solaris Batlord Sliftensnurgh Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

Friendly dude with a good attitude. +1

101i likes this.
  12. RampageX

RampageX Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

+1. Nice guy!

13. Ricket

Ricket Shipwright Staff Alumni
    1. Ethereal Legion- ETHER

+1 very responsible, very personable, very well suited to the job; overall, very Jig!

14. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

+1

Knows what being an admin is about, and will be the one to feel for the little guy

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  15. Alistasia

Alistasia Ballista Bolt Thrower Staff Alumni

+1 most adorable guy

16. XyellowX

XyellowX Ballista Bolt Thrower Staff Alumni

+1 would make a great admin

17. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

18. Juaro

Juaro Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

+1 the jig is up.

Superblackcat, Guro and startselect3 like this.
  19. Kububv

Kububv Drill Rusher
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

+1 Jig is a very responsible and level-headed guy. He's been working on some activities for the community recently and I think that interest in helping the community will translate well to being an official admin. Also, he's just good people from the time I've known him (mostly through SHARK mumble).

20. +1 fuckable/10

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.