1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Community

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lee_Lemon, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Lee_Shioon

Lee_Shioon NinjaBrian in disguise Donator
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

I can be a banter whore sometime, but I would never take it on forums unless it is of great importance. I guess since no one has pointed it out, your attitude and the way you interact with others is the main reason why you are constantly getting kicked or being considered bad. You might want to try a different approach and I suggest you do it in a subtle way.

I just don't want @FuzzyBlueBaron to confuse me with you since I play regularly in the AUS server ( I hope it's actually me, otherwise I'm completely oblivious as to which Lee you are meaning to greet).

That said, you are a disgrace to all the Lee's out there. You better keep it to yourself and focus it into something else.

hierbo, Geti, startselect3 and 7 others like this.
  2. AngelOfDeeath

AngelOfDeeath Catapult Fodder

I've experienced this on many multi-player games and the theory is always the same.
    It's a game involving other people, that aren't you. If you abuse said people, they will not like you. That is how life, let alone gaming communities always work.
    Solutions:
    a) Practice on a single player server til you feel good enough to play with others.
    b) Learn to control your pre-teen level of raging during gaming, it helps nobody including yourself.
    c) Go and play a different multi-player game if you dislike this one, there are millions and clearly you have issues with this one in particular.
    Tip: Complaining about shit doesn't get you anywhere, you either suck it and up and get on with it silently, or stop fucking playing. Thanks for your time.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 20, 2014, Original Post Date: Nov 20, 2014 ---
    Hahahah when I first saw the name I was concerned it was you, luckily his spelling was a quick eye opener.

startselect3, Solaris and Fernegulus like this.
  3. startselect3

startselect3 Arsonist

saving this gif for the future if thats ok

4. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Guys, Lee was EXACTLY like this over a year ago. Go check out some of his posts in the old Beo's CTF thread sometime. He hasn't changed a single bit... He likes to cuss and talk shit on other players/admins, but heaven FORBID anyone kicks/bans him!

startselect3 and Auburn like this.
  5. SirPowningham

SirPowningham Catapult Fodder

one person is not the issue. it is the game.
    look at why the player count drops, people rather make up BS excuses than see the reality.

Kag is cursed with a hostile community, try hard players, and a poor experience to new players.

6. thebonesauce

Let's just clear a few things up... Who are you to talk about 12-15 year olds? You're only 17, and the log up top displaying your behavior should be enough to show you deserve everything you get. There's not much wrong with this game, save for a few bugs. I have enjoyed my times playing Beta, and there's always Classic if you're really that hard for it. Fiddy doesn't like you, and I don't really either because even after a year of that incident on Beo's, you haven't changed a single bit.

7. GhostAnimals

GhostAnimals Catapult Fodder

I think the only part of this that really rings true is the first. Try hard players are what make this game fucking awesome (God tier forts make my nethers tingle), and while it can be wonky to figure out what you're doing, even as someone with classic experience coming into the new version after several months down I figured out a lot of the new stuff in an hour or so. Now, what makes the experience for new players so horrible is that when someone is doing something wrong, I didn't notice a lot of players saying things like "Hey, that's not a very good way to do that" or "What are you doing?", mainly because people were too busy complaining about bad players or calling people faggots to actually help a new person learn the game, which is how games die.

8. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

Well I agree that they are the best thing, but I disagree that this game is "fucking awesome"...
    All I can say is ^

9. zampanothechimera

zampanothechimera Shopkeep Stealer

i bet when you started this thread thinking its a big deal and everyone should care about an insignificant noob getting kicked helplessly "for no reason" until someone shows you how you are your also probably someone that get kills and rage kicks everyone on the server then starts random a stupid threads. just stop you think other people are annoying you have no idea how people think of you..

10. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

Yeah, basically calling everyone an idiot/retard/whatever is basically becoming one of them in this case.

11. epenow

epenow Oppressed banana cookie
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

I wonder who is behind this thread?
    [​IMG]

12. SirPowningham

SirPowningham Catapult Fodder

People with attitudes like this are part of the problem

13. GhostAnimals

So, yeah, there are a lot of shitty attitudes and a lot of people said shitty things. It's a bummer that Lemon reacted like that, but maybe he'll start to get the idea after situations like this. Maybe not. C'est la vie.

We should, instead of getting all mad at dudes, maybe suggest ways to make the community better? Like, maybe when someone is pretty obviously new, ask them if they'd like some pointers instead of implying dubious business transactions with their mother.
    Also, Comments like this aren't really useful. Like... At all, man. From what I've seen, a lot of people seriously involved with the game are also involved on the forums. I've also noticed a couple different places where people are just blatantly bashing the game, but I've also seen a lot of people demanding new features. I don't know about anyone else, but a lot of it reads like "This game sucks the developers suck gimme more shit there needs to be more shit for me to hate on." And that's just not neat.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
    hierbo, FuzzyBlueBaron and Reudh like this.
  14. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

Let me just reserve this post, I'll edit it once I get home.

15. thebonesauce

Yeah, I'm afraid that's not happening. Please refer to this post;
    https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/beos-kag-servers.1273/page-48#post-155107

This was the start of Lee_Lemon's antics, well over a year ago.

EDIT: Actually, well over TWO years ago!

Stay Classy, @Lee_Lemon

Apronymous likes this.
  16. GhostAnimals

Regardless, What I was trying to say is that focusing on him being a whiner is pointless, and telling him that he's a whiner is also pointless. If people want this game to not die, they need to focus on how they can try to make the game better. We don't need more games full of pro players just saying "Everyone on my team sucks", we need more games with pro players saying "Hey, could someone please build a tower of some kind here?" Even the players that are both skilled and amiable suck at this.

For example: I recently started playing Mechwarrior Online, and it's got a lot of problems regarding new players. I was on the verge of quitting when I accidentally blew myself up after firing a single weapon. Someone called me out on it, and I said "Sorry, it's like my third game", and instead of just saying nothing, he said "Oh, sorry, try doing this instead." and a bunch of other players threw out some great tips for newbies without being asked, and now I think that game is a lot of fun.

TL;DR: Everyone should try being nice sometime, it feels good and makes the game better.

Also, in regards to everyone complaining about getting pointlessly getting kicked. When every room you walk into smells like shit, check your fucking upper lip.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
    hierbo likes this.
  17. thebonesauce

You're misunderstanding the source of the issue here... Lee is NOT a new player. He acts this way all the time... Nobody is stating that they are pro or anything like that. I'm just stating that people like Lee are the scourge of this game and it's reputation. He's an asshole who needs to leave, and never come back. Telling people that he hopes they die of cancer? Considering this community lost a very important and respected member to complications arising from cancer, it's pretty fucked up and disrespectful.

18. GhostAnimals

I'm not misunderstanding, I'm just trying to get this thread moving in a direction about making the community better overall. When I say "New players", I'm not defending him (He was pretty obviously an asshole and should maybe spend a while being quiet). I'm direct this thread away from talking about him. I'm talking about actual new players. When I picked the game back up, it was shortly after telling a bunch of my friends about how great it is, and a few of them were ready to buy. After spending some time playing it currently, I told them to hold off on their purchases because the community is so vitriolic. Sure, they're not LoL quality or anything, but because of the significantly smaller size, they're just as bad for the game, if not worse. Someone picking this game up is going to think they wasted their money if their first 10 matches are mindnumbingly long, with pro players just kind of toying with players too stupid to realize that just because they have one hall left doesn't mean that they won't lose. Just today I played with a few different people that I've spotted on a couple different servers complaining about how bad their team is, and then when I directly asked them to give advice they remained silent until they felt the need to whine again.

I agree with you in that the players who can't play without raging need to either leave or permanently shut the fuck up. Saying someone should get cancer and die is super fucked up, I agree. My grandmother is currently on her last legs because of cancer, and it's a bummer. Telling almost anyone they deserve to die is a shitty thing that shitty people do. Dragging out a conversation about an asshole being an asshole just means that the asshole did his assholing well.

hierbo and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  19. zampanothechimera

zampanothechimera Shopkeep Stealer

yeah but im aware im angry almost all the time he is just passive aggressively taking it out on people and wondering why he gets kicked
    but i don't take it out on people who annoy me
    and if someone was annoying you go to a different server.

20. GhostAnimals

Still not talking about Lee, here.

This is really really good advice. Granted, that's only if you're playing a game with a player base of >150 players and there are plenty of other servers with players playing in them to go to, but still.

hierbo and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.