1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[denied] Shadowor

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Shadowor, Dec 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

I know you and thebonesauce have had issues in the past, and if those were the only issues, I would say "people can change" and then back out, as I really don't see you often enough to be a good judge of your character. BUT... then we have this http://pastebin.com/rZQ4t9AJ
    It's dated November 20.... of this year, and I'm guessing Juaro didn't wait for ages to upload that. To me, it seems like too big of an issue, and way too recent, to forgive and forget. I know these forums don't fall under any nationality specifically, but if you say stuff like that to anyone in the US while on the job, you'd find yourself without that job fast.

2. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

Im... surprised, attacking someone for being muslim and also blaming all the other religions, wow, just wow, also my experiencies in-game weren't exactly "good".

Edit: I have the thinking that people can change, but im still surprised.
    so just a 0.

3. startselect3

startselect3 Arsonist

Shadower hasn't saved me from Christianity yet, -1

4. Shadowor

Shadowor Shark Slayer

<<< My reaction
    Looks like the majority decided. The people who never actually seen me (or can't spell my name) are good at making a valid impression about me.
    At least I got a few +1 from the people who know me and saw how I moderate.
    Unfortunately we can't let an atheist guy on the official servers or else he will... um... start to... I don't know, nothing will happen I guess.
    I was the silly for trying to contribute, I wouldn't have time for the official servers after all the other servers anyway, I can't moderate that many.
    To be serious now, I withdraw from this since some people don't want to see my red name on officials. Maybe next time. A mod can close this thread I guess.

5. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester

It's not because you're atheist that we're saying -1. I really don't give a single fuck if you don't believe in anything, believe in God, Satan or some strange fossil cult.
    You are allowed to believe what you want, but you are not allowed to be prejudiced against others for what they believe, and you certainly should not insult someone based on their religious affiliation.

6. daskew87

daskew87 Legendary corpse humper Donator

Yeah I don't like how this thread has gone.

Most people on the internet have at some point have said some dopey things to other people. I would probably cringe if I saw some of my conversations from 10 years back when I was 17 to people on other games.

I think there's a reason why Shadowor is an admin on other servers. It's because he's good enough to do it.

Shadowor likes this.
  7. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

I'm an atheist too. Playing the pity card is going to get you nowhere in your life. Man up, accept a little responsibility, and quit blaming everyone else. We all know you wanted to be a main server admin bad, but that's the way it goes. Better luck next time.

I'm sorry, but to compare chastising an entire religion and stereotyping it's followers to, "dopey things," is a bit of a stretch. If you want to get anywhere in your life, you have to watch what you say and be respectful to other people, despite what you may believe... To sit and insinuate that someone is a terrorist simply because they practice a specific religion isn't dopey, it's offensive, borderline-xenophobic behavior. Just because Shadowor doesn't like the definition or concept of respect doesn't mean that other people don't deserve it. I understand that you might be Shadowor's friend, but what he said to SharkT is unacceptable; and then to outright lie about having apologized and claiming that they are on good terms is just crazy. I received a PM from SharkT, stating that he never got an apology, and that he quit NMS because of Shadowor's behavior.

It's detrimental to the community, and I would hate for others to have to experience the abuse and bullying that SharkT experienced.

startselect3 and dayleaf like this.
  8. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester

i dont think furai will reconsider any type of application with that type of attitude

Joiken and dayleaf like this.
  9. startselect3

startselect3 Arsonist

>insults theists
    >says we are discriminating against atheists when we -1 him

Fernegulus and dayleaf like this.
  10. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Denied. There is not much to say actually. Too much mixed opinions.

Dargona1018 and startselect3 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.