1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Guro's Christmas Giveaway HOHOHUE

Discussion in 'Old Events/Giveaways/Contests' started by Guro, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

Again? Wow Guro.

2. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

Been a while, so I thought I'd post some more interestingish things that I found
    So this happened about 10 years ago. I kept this story quiet for this long due to its nature (you will see what I mean later). I even created a new account to tell this story to stay as detached as possible. NOTE: if anyone recognizes me please keep it to yourself. Bear with me as this turned out longer than expected. So here is a little bit of a setting to fully grasp the story. I was living in Eastern Europe at the time in a relatively large city. I was 15 years old, didn't have a drivers license and have never driven a standard car before. I was a goody goody two shoes and just started really liking cars.

One day a friend of mine - about 1 or 2 years younger than me - comes to me and says excited but in a hush voice: "Dude I found some car keys on the sidewalk." I naturally shrug saying "So what? You will never find out what car they belong to." Fast forward a few days when he comes back all excited and says "Dude I figured out what car they are from!". Perplexed, after about 1 hr of deliberations we go to check out said car: a dinky Daewoo Matiz (http://cdn.clasipar.com/pictures/photos/000/771/906/vga_Matiz01.jpg).

In spite of the type of car, still very enthusiastic we waste some time until the darkness falls and we enter the car to make sure the key can start the car. Car starts and we take off with my friend driving (he knows how to drive a stick shift). Ecstatic that we are driving by ourselves on public roads we waste quickly about one hour. When we realize the time, we return the car to the same parking spot we took it from (we put a big garbage bin in the spot so no one would take it - not that it would actually stop anyone if they wanted to park there).

Fast forward a few weeks of doing the same thing every 2-3 nights, time in which I learned how to drive and got comfortable driving it (and overconfident). We get the brilliant idea of taking the car for a spin all the way to a different city about 60km (37miles). Being newbies we don’t realize our high beams are on and on the way there lots of people are flashing us to turn high beams off but we take it as a sign that there is police up ahead (universal sign to watch out for cops in Eastern Europe, maybe other places too). So we turn around, drive back into the city and head towards a different city similar distance away. Once out on the open roads we want to go fast so we bring the tiny car to about 120km/h (75mph) – not crazy fast but for someone presented with this opportunity for the first time, it was exhilarating; besides speed limit was 80km/h (50mph).

Lo and behold in about 20 minutes there is a radar and a police officer signals us to pull over. We panic and argue in the car about slowing down or running for a few seconds, we slow down after we quickly decide its better to be caught now than later. As we are driving slow past the cop – with the intention of pulling over in front of the cop – we change our minds (to this day I am not sure why, it could be the sudden realization we were underage, in a stolen car and just broke the law) and hit the accelerator driving away, but at this point we are on gravel and the car spins out of control. About 40-50m (131-164ft) down the road we are in the ditch with the car shut off. We look through the window and the cop (couldn’t tell if it was just one or two) is running towards the car. We start the car again and we drive out of the ditch accelerating as fast as that little car possibly can – at this point the cop is very close to the car so he has to run back to his cop car before being able to follow us.

With the cops far behind, able to see their lights flashing in the distance, we drive at about 120-140 km/hr at this point when we enter small town. We take a side road heading into a subdivision soon after and park the car under a tree – was pretty dark. We get out of the car, lock it and run away from the car to a play ground where some kids our age are hanging around. We hear the police car driving by on the main street with sirens blaring and lights flashing, we wait about 30 minutes, trying to calm down and figure out what to do. We ask the other kids if they know another way to our town besides the one we came on. They don’t really know exact directions but they give us some general idea of another road on the other side of town that leads back to the city.

• I need to mention that its gotten late now and its about midnight, my mother calls me on my cell and asks where I am, to which I respond: “I am in the area, I will be back home soon”. She freaks out as she doesn’t believe me but I hang up the phone and turn it off. -
    So we get back in the car and start driving out the town, down this new road for about 10 minutes, pretty relaxed and convinced we are out of the deep end now. But as we enter the next village (can see the end of the village in the distance from the point of entrance) we notice at the exit of the village a road block with 2 police cars blocking both lanes of the road. We start freaking out and pull to the side of the road and turn our lights off. For about 10 seconds we are acting like little girls on the verge of crying but we decide to keep the lights off as we enter the village and take the country (unpaved) road to our left between some houses. Within a minute we are facing a dead end with just a cornfield standing in front of us. We decide we have no choice but to go through the corn field in the general direction of our city. We can’t turn on the lights, we can’t really tell where we are going, our only bearing is the “light dome” created by the pollution above the city (similar to this but from farther away: http://heimhenge.com/skylights/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/2011-11-14-S2.jpg). So we drive and drive slowly for about 1 hour as this car is far from an off roader. We can see a road to the right not too far and some cars driving towards the city, no sign of a cop anywhere so we decide we have to get on the road as the field is too slow. We do so and obviously we are paranoid about everything now, we drive at the speed limit. When a car approaches fast from behind and we start spazzing again thinking we are done. But the car flies by, turns out to be just a good citizen in a rush.

Anyway, we get to the city through an industrial area, we are sort of lost as we have never been around here. We drive aimlessly until we find some known roads and start heading back to drop off the car. On the way we see a couple cop cars on the road scaring the crap out of us. We get close to the drop off spot when at an intersection my mother drives in front of us, clearly upset – the expression of her face screamed desperation and for some reason that stuck with me more than the situation I was in from a legal perspective. Within a minute or two we are on the street we are supposed to drop off the car but much to our surprise – especially because we thought this was over – there are a few police cars and several officers standing in our parking spot writing something down and talking to people. We realize this means one of two things: 1. They read the plates and pulled the address from the registration or 2. The owner of the car reported the car stolen. We take first right hoping no one saw the car (good chance as its about 1am now and its quite dark) and park the car 1 block away. We quickly take a shirt off and we start wiping the fingerprints from the whole car – also i haven’t mentioned until now but we never even opened the glove compartment, we were not interested in any valuables or stealing anything, we just wanted the thrill of driving a car – we clean the car on the outside as well as much as we can. Aside from the extra dirt, the car is intact as when we took it with the exception of an almost empty gas tank. We lock the car and drop the key in a sewer very close to the car. As we walk home on a parallel side street we could see the flashing of the police car lights. We part ways promising to keep this between us and thank God for not getting caught. I get home, my mom is crying and upset. I am too old to get grounded so she just expresses how upset she is with me – which was more than enough to make me understand how badly I got her worried.

Fast forward, a month went by almost and the car is in the same spot. We got were wondering how the heck they couldn’t find the car when it was so close. There was nothing we could do though. I find out a week later – word got out on the street about the car going missing - that they caught the guys who stole the car and found the car too. Turns out my friend bragged to one of his buddies about a month after the incident (I guess the fact that we got away with it got to his head). So this guy with 2 of his friends went to the sewer and found the key, got in the car and took it for a few spins and put it back – similar to how we did it – but seems like they drew to much attention to themselves as someone reported them. Cops came, took prints, and within a day they found these guys – who to my surprise were on the cops books for something prior. They got arrested, the girl who owned the car was ecstatic for getting her car back in pretty much one piece decided to drop the charges as these guys were young (16-17) . Me and my friend got away with it, I have only told a handful of people this story until now.

I live on a different continent and haven’t done something like that ever again.

TL;DR - when I was young a friend found a car key, we used it to learn to drive and returned it. Got overzealous and sped, got caught by the radar, ran away from the police, drove through a corn field for over an hour to get back. Police was at the return spot, we dropped off the car a block away. Car wasn’t found for 1 month, my friend told a buddy, him and 2 others tried the same thing, they got caught, arrested and we got away.
    [​IMG]

3. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

I've been on this goddamn forum undercover for 4 years now, just waiting for a confession from you, freak! Finally, we've got the gruddamn evidence to keep you in a holocell for a long, long time.

golemn, Apronymous and Sir_Walter like this.
  4. Lawrence_Shagsworth

[​IMG]

5. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

AHA, I'M NOT ACTUALLY UNDERCOVER INVESTIGATING A CAR THEFT, I'M INVESTIGATING THE CONDUCT OF UNDERCOVER POLICEFOLK, AND YOU'RE NICKED, SON!

Sir_Walter likes this.
  6. UltraMarine_Val

UltraMarine_Val Bison Rider
    1. FUN Servers

7. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

How did I not see that coming?

8. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Damn it Hella, we've gone over this MANY times. @Galen sorts out rail car thefts. AND I AIN'T NO FILTHY COPPER YOU SLIVERING SCOUNDREL

9. Jedi13

Jedi13 Shipwright

Um, is this still going? :?

10. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

Nobody has won anything for a week now... ;-; Guro?

11. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

I think @Guro's been away, no official news yet tho.

Guro likes this.
  12. Siersciuch

Siersciuch Catapult Fodder

13. Dialmen

Dialmen Bison Rider

"Last edited: Dec 9, 2014!

Where's him!!! :QQ:

Guro likes this.
  14. golemn

golemn Shark Slayer

I saw him on IRC fairly recently, so he must be somewhat available. He could just be busy; it is christmas after all, some of us have a life. Not me, but someone here must.
    I still believe, Guro! Shun the non-believers!

Guro likes this.
  15. Guro

Guro SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM

Updated post with winners. Other game codes will be given out over the next couple of days. Prizes overlap so you won't be blacklisted from winning other games if you've already won a KAG code since there's so many of them. Apologies for the inactivity, I'm extremely busy around this time of year.

Keep an eye on this thread.

<3

golemn likes this.
  16. LemSpike

LemSpike Builder Stabber

Can I still win other games even tho I got the kag one?

17. Superblackcat

Superblackcat baideist baide Staff Alumni Tester

18. SlayerSean

SlayerSean FYI: it's pronounced "seen"

*throws lit bomb*

19. Dubovnik

Dubovnik Drill Rusher
    1. Top Hat Squad [THS]

*sssssss*
    *throws lit keg*
    *KAAAAAABOOOOOOM!!!!!!*

20. 101i