1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Organizing play on Classic

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by killatron46, Dec 14, 2014.

?

What day of the week can you play KAG Classic on the most?

Poll closed Jan 7, 2015.
  1. Keep in on Sunday, I can play then.

27.8%
  2. Monday

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Tuesday

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Wednesday

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Thursday

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Friday

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Saturday

16.7%
  8. I play all day erry day

44.4%
  9. I don't play classic

11.1%
  1. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

EDIT 4: We are LIVE once again!
    Currently playing on Haste's server: "[USWEST][32P] GTB: CLASSIC CTF + FF". Join in on the fun!

EDIT3: Its Sunday week two!
    Starting off on the EU server this week because the aus ctf server is down. Juxta ++ come join us!

"[CTF server JUXTA++ WORKSHOPS ADDED EU SERVER]".

EDIT2: Its Sunday! Week one
    I'm starting off in the Aus CTF server, join me if you dare! Also, post on here where other people are hanging out. (Remember, no RP servers :rollseyes:).
    EDIT1: Adding poll and goals

My goals for this are:

1. Remind people classic is fun.
    2. Get more people to play KAG Classic.
    3. More servers for Classic (because this will generate more players).
    4. Eventually Gather

I'm going to go ahead and add a poll to the top of the thread for what day of the week we should do. Until the results of this poll are in I'm going to arbitrarily set the day to Sunday. Classic day = Sunday.
    What does this mean? Just get on and play whenever you usually have time to play games, in the morning, throughout the day, or in the evening. You can post when you will be around, I personally will be around on Sundays from (GMT 8:00-10:00 and 18:00-24:00), my timezone is -9GMT so I could make the early and late games. When you get on classic, just pop into which ever server has the most people on non RP, we will stick to CTF and maybe TDM.
    I'll see you on Sunday! ::):

EDIT--END

Classic is pretty much dead, you can get on and there will be a server with 5-10 people on it, but more than 20 people is pretty rare (for non RP servers). I would like to see something like Gather, or even just a day out of the week event where more people would show up at given time(s) of day. A few extra servers would be in order, and maybe a white list so we can keep out griefers, hackers and exploiters.

The KAG Gather was really cool and worked well for classic, many people played there for 5-6 months then the main people behind it went afk and it died. For those of you who didn't ever try it see here for an idea: Gather FAQ.

The KAG gather wasn't perfect, but when it worked it was the best moderately competitive scene in KAG. (Moderately competitive would be in between a random slog in an unlimited tickets server with 64 people and a 5v5 clan war). You could get on, and just play with 4 other people that knew what they were doing against a team of 5 other competent players. This system made games more fun, without being too stressful because you were just playing for yourself and your team instead of your clan's rep like in a clanwar. Sometimes it required sitting in the queue for hours at a time until a match was made, and when it was made by that time someone in the queue wouldn't even show up. It was a system with many flaws, but still worked well 95% of the time. Playing in the KAG Gather was the most fun I have ever had in this game.

We don't have to revive Gather now. That will come if this works the way I hope it will. I just want to see how many people would be interested in a day of the week KAG classic event, or even a KAG Gather event.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  2. miniu

miniu Haxor

Me. I love gather. (what about @cepiarz @karolloPL ).
    Killatron :
    I don't think that old gather players will want this, but we can try.

cepiarz likes this.
  3. cepiarz

cepiarz Bison Rider
    1. Grey Wardens - GREY

gather cool

miniu and InsaneMTL like this.
  4. I would definitely join! Hopefully this becomes a thing again.

miniu likes this.
  5. PussyDestroyer

PussyDestroyer Bison Rider

Too ^_^

miniu likes this.
  6. Porti

Porti Ballista Bolt Thrower

I`m joining.

7. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Yes.

miniu likes this.
  8. StarskyGianni

StarskyGianni Shipwright

Starsky always there

miniu likes this.
  9. PussyDestroyer

PussyDestroyer Bison Rider

There are 4 clans in classic we can make one more.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 20, 2014 ---
    Later meby we can do some events.

10. killatron46

I wasn't really wanting to make new clans specifically for classic, I kind of doubt the community for classic would be able to do that at this point. Also, I'm adding this to the OP, so if you already read this, you can skip:

My goals for this are:

1. Remind people classic is fun.
    2. Get more people to play KAG Classic.
    3. More servers for Classic (because this will generate more players).
    4. Eventually Gather

I'm going to go ahead and add a poll to the top of the thread for what day of the week we should do. Until the results of this poll are in I'm going to arbitrarily set the day to Sunday. Classic day = Sunday.
    What does this mean? Just get on and play whenever you usually have time to play games, in the morning, throughout the day, or in the evening. You can post when you will be around, I personally will be around on Sundays from (GMT 8:00-10:00 and 18:00-24:00), my timezone is -9GMT so I could make the early and late games. When you get on classic, just pop into which ever server has the most people on non RP, we will stick to CTF and maybe TDM.
    I'll see you on Sunday! ::):

CrystalClear likes this.
  11. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester

As an old Gather player, I want this badly. Gather, along with playing with friends on MOLE/Action server and some organized meetups, was the most fun I've ever had in kag. If we manage to get enough people, I'd love to see it make a comeback, which wouldn't be very hard considering that the bot is open-source.

hierbo, Noburu, CrystalClear and 2 others like this.
  12. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

I'd love to get back into classic if I'm around.

hierbo and miniu like this.
  13. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

If you got this running @killatron46, I'd love to play some classic games w/ you guys.

miniu likes this.
  14. miniu

miniu Haxor

@UnnamedPlayer I'm glad to read it.
    @killatron46 I think mostly people will back because of gather (4th goal). I can give 1 EU server for gather.

15. killatron46

Starting off in the Australian CTF server, its just me. :rekt:

Edit
    Played for about 2 hours, was fun with you guys, eventually we got up to 11 people! I'll be back in 10 hours or so when I wake up. Going to bed.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
    Ruleral and 101i like this.
  16. Chet, I forgot about this.

17. killatron46

We got a large number of players on the "[CTF server JUXTA++ WORKSHOPS ADDED EU SERVER]". Come join in on the fun!

101i and master4523 like this.
  18. Jomskylark

Jomskylark Drill Rusher

Sounds like fun. I bet if you organized a weekly scheduled game time, like 6pm your time or something, and kept to it each week, people would come and play for a few hours then. You could still play throughout the week but you'd have that time to fall back on. It'd also be helpful for encouraging newcomers to play at a certain time.

19. killatron46

We could try a time of day, I just didn't want to do that at the start because you can't set a time without excluding a group of players. Now that I think about this, why not set three times? Peak hours for the US, EU and AUS.

8PM in the respective timezones.
    (Sunday GMT 23:00) US peak
    (Sunday GMT 18:00) EU peak
    (Sunday GMT 8:00) AUS peak

Correct me if I'm wrong there.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 4, 2015, Original Post Date: Jan 2, 2015 ---
    ITS HAPPENING!!!
    "[CTF server JUXTA++ WORKSHOPS ADDED EU SERVER]".
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 9, 2015 ---
    Okay so, Classic as actually more alive than I thought when I made this thread, I didn't actually check how many people were playing at all times of day. Usually when I checked it was around 5-15, but now when I check at different times it can peak to around 60 players total.

This is great! I've been playing classic every day now, mostly on the "[USWEST][32P] GTB: CLASSIC CTF + FF" server hosted by Haste. It has friendly fire but it can be fun after you get used to it; Also, GTB stands for Get The Bacon.

I'll see you all there on Sunday, but if you care to join me any other day I'll be around!

Haste and PUNK123 like this.
  20. Haste

Haste Bison Rider

The friendly fire can be a tad annoying at first, but once you adapt yourself to all ammo (bombs, arrows, cata fodder) being lethal then youre pretty much good.
    Glad to see more people want to see classic live and breath and be healthy again.