1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

BUILD 1337 - Back on Track

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Dec 23, 2014.

1. kaggit

kaggit Bison Rider

Thanks allot for helping me but I've already done all that :c

Verzuvius likes this.
  2. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

It has been a year or more so since I played KAG, I got back to see how is my perspective on things within the game as of now and I have to say the first and foremost things, gameplay is solid, it's fun, it's a blast to play, but the combat is not, it's two things primarily, the ridiculous CC Stun and Networking together, this creates a concoction of pure frustration, as a Knight when you toss in the time between attacks and stun it messes up the response, I strongly suggest the removal of stun because the game's pacing is simply too fast for this type of mechanic, the water bombs can stay, they alone are enough but not the amount of silly stagger as it's now, I don't understand why not just have a simple front kick with cooldown, it's a perfectly fine viable way when fights gets too static, and who wouldn't like to kick off a pesky climbing archer in the face while he climbs your tower, for the ending I just want to say, I find myself keen on joining the game and playing but then I end up becoming frustrated due to how these mechanics work against the player and shutting the game down and thinking to myself, "this is such an amazing game but why is it so bogged down by these things?", the loss of control in multiplayer is something very looked down upon, try to play quick paced arena shooter game or any action game and having a sudden stun would make people jump out of the windows that stuff would not make Quake 3 or UnrealTournament games famous.

3. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

What a joke. So you want people to get knocked back a thousand yards instead of getting stunned? The only alternative would transform the players into impenetrable stone golems, barreling through attacks until they crumble from wear. Stun is part of what gives knight combat its impact.

4. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Well one wouldn't have to be pushed back if in lieu of a stun, there's more active effects? Like bleeding? Bleeding slowly removes your health until it's actually healed upon, or at the very least stops once it takes out a certain percentage. I'd rather see more lasting "damage" based effects for players anyway, regardless of whether or not stun is there.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 8, 2015, Original Post Date: Jan 8, 2015 ---
    For an example, you as a player choose what your strike does as a knight to another player, via a sort of in-game options screen where you can only pick one effect. From stun, to bleeding, to a push back hit that pushes the player you hit back but not stunning them (though also taking out almost all of their hearts minus a little sliver of HP).

Allowing for such options would mix up game-play a bit more so it won't stagnate without actually breaking the game anymore than it's current standing.