1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Smoke Bombs

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by JediOfTheReich, Jan 12, 2015.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. JediOfTheReich

JediOfTheReich Shark Slayer

I imagine smoke bombs would be very useful in the game, as it would allow you to steal things virtually unseen.
    How would it work?
    Well, perhaps it could eject a texture layer of dark grey over a certain radius when thrown, only allowing you to see silhouettes of other players, no team names or colors. probably lasting around 8-10 seconds before slowly dissipating.
    Who can use it?
    Maybe archers and knights could both get another arrow/bomb, costing 30 coins for knights and 25 for archer.
    Other uses?
    Maybe it could be used to choke people out of rooms? If an archer was camping a room with a one block opening in it, maybe you could throw it in there and it would slowly do damage (1/4 heart per second?)

Any suggestions to modify the idea or questions are welcome, thanks
    :potato::potato::potato:

2. austinthus

austinthus Horde Gibber

I think this is a neat idea. It blends past ideas, like the poison bombs, and people who want a stealthier approach for the game.

3. acromatic

acromatic Catapult Fodder

This is actually something I intend on adding to my mod (WIP) perhaps you'll see it soon, still working on getting certain items working.

kodysch likes this.
  4. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

I think you should have reduced vision while inside of the cloud as well.

swagbot and J-man2003 like this.
  5. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

if it would be added to the game(which I would prefer it didnt)it would be wonderful if builders could have a smoke pouch or something to use

swagbot likes this.
  6. austinthus

austinthus Horde Gibber

Playing devil's advocate here: Why use a smoke bomb when you can use a regular bomb, in either knight or archer's case. They're more instantaneous, plus people can try to endure one if they feel that they need to.

sellerofrice likes this.
  7. JediOfTheReich

JediOfTheReich Shark Slayer

Because smoke bombs last longer? They aren't meant to kill, but to possibly slip past as archer or just take something out of your inventory in a fight. I don't know what you mean by they can try to endure one.

8. swagbot

swagbot Shopkeep Stealer

As Punk sort of hinted at: this would be more useful for the *builder* class. I can see plenty of applications for any class trying to break defenses, but it's honestly more useful for the builder (or knight with a keg) to deal massive amounts of (hidden) tower damage with this.

I'd love to see this added as a mod at the very least ;)

PUNK123 likes this.
  9. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

Fucking hell the cancer.
    What is next, smoke arrows?

also,
    smoke bombs everydey

10. sellerofrice

sellerofrice Catapult Fodder

Smoke bombs might be nice if they could go through platforms. I think this way, it could prevent heavy turtling and archers nests. On the other hand bombs are useful; however, you need a lot to do certain things like taking out an archer nest.

Fernegulus likes this.
  11. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

good idea

Mods: Rainbows