1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Adding more stealth

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shadowor, Jan 11, 2015.

?

Should KAG be more stealthy?

1. Yes, I want a stealth-system, sneak around and laugh at the enemy.

2. Yes, this is a good idea, but let's not implement too much.

3. No, only fix the bugs, but don't bother with this.

4. No, this would break the game, don't ever be sneaky with me.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadowor

Shadowor Shark Slayer

I post here because I don't have an exact idea, I just want to discuss about stealth/what do you think about it.

I know this is supposed to be a fast-paced game, but you can go sneaky in it, however it is nothing worthy of speaking. Currently, I can only think of 3-4 way of stealth: Archer behind tree leaves, laying in tall grass, tunneler and hiding in dark places. And even though when you succeed to hide, you don't earn much with it. Archers can be accidentally cut down in no time, tunnels are shown on the minimap, and knights only use darkness so the enemy can't time the slash. Emoticons and chat bubbles are shown in the dark for both team (and maybe the dust from walking, even underwater).

On the block menu there is an empty slot. It should be a back-wall which is shown as a block on the minimap. This way you can hide your tunnel. It should cost around 5-5 wood and stone, and acts like a stone back-wall. And of course, hide the emoticons and chat bubbles if you are in the dark. (Btw if you place and hit a wooden back-wall underground, its sprite shows light.)

Archers can lay down, but for what? They can't move, can't do anything and yet they are visible. They should be able to crawl slowly (but still can't fit through 1 block wide holes). And they should get more camouflage than that, you can see them behind grass and leaves. Maybe a little transparency, be more green or something.

For knights, there is the cheap trick where they grab the body of a dead enemy and use it as disguise. Yes, this doesn't worth much either. In shops you could buy a disguise thingy, which turns your color to the enemy's color for a short time (not the best idea).

These are the things I think should change. Stealth will never be really useful, but at least let's improve it. I can imagine someone being sneaky and having an awesome victory just for being smart.
    So what do you think? Stealth should be improved? And if so, how?

jimmyzoudcba likes this.
  2. wilpin7

wilpin7 Lewd~ Donator
    1. KAG Competitive League

This is a rather well thought-out and detailed suggestion, but it just doesn't feel right in a game like KAG, I haven't really seen anyone be sneaky, except for those basterd archers hiding in trees and shooting my arse, or those evil knights who hide in the dark to get an easy double-slash kill. And those are isolated cases, and they're both quite easy to deal with, so I understand why you'd like more options that are actually viable for sneaking. I think that the stealthy tactics currently in game already reward wits and sneaky-ness, not everyone goes around with an enemy's body, but most who do end up dying sooner then expected.

Archers should definitely be able to crawl though, make that happen Geti.

3. jarrydthysse

jarrydthysse Bison Rider
    1. Trueblue [TB]

I think bush camo would work well as a form of stealth or illusion. There are many types, camo's like wood, zebra, moth, leaves and so on, and all it needs is a bit of reskin and you are done, if you want to imply stealth in a more "KAG way", this is way would be more fitting. It could be a one time thing you would buy at a shop, and when you respawn its off. It would also add a bit of variety to the game which I know the community really wants.

Rocketlock likes this.
  4. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Still waiting for a portable bush you can buy from the shop. :kappa:

5. jimmyzoudcba

jimmyzoudcba Haxor Tester

And archers slowly blending into trees like the shroomite armour in terraria

6. IguanaMan

IguanaMan Ballista Bolt Thrower

One of my favorite things to do as knight is chop down a tree, pick up and place three :log: next to each other and duck down behind them. Mostly for laughs in 1v1s but when you get them with it, its pure humiliation. :B):

J-man2003 likes this.
  7. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

almost like the bush hat in don't starve

anyway this is suppose to be a game of teamwork so I don't like the idea of stealth being buffed

J-man2003 likes this.
  8. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

hehe. Suppose. (FBB would say "Supposed".)

Anyways I personally think the only thing that needs changing is archers don't show on minimap when hiding, and when they hide it's less obviously different from regular corpses, currently archer doesn't even feel stealthy and these changes would be amazing and fix the game in a way.

FBB maybe they can re add nurseries @Geti because, what if somehow you run out of trees? trees are supposed to be renewable, so I think a nursery would be great, also maybe you can buy and plant flowers or grains if you need healing and there's no rest bed.

9. hierbo

hierbo Ballista Bolt Thrower

We require a shrubbery!!!

10. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Well, iirc the quarters could easily accommodate another few options. Atm it's all food-related items, but I don't see why seeds (and portable bushes! :rektlord:) couldn't be bought from there.

SirDangalang and PUNK123 like this.
  11. Ricket

Ricket Shipwright Staff Alumni
    1. Ethereal Legion- ETHER

But FBB, think of the wars of attrition that would be averted by having such a shop.
    My quest to end stalemates by stealing seeds would be over :rektlord:

jimmyzoudcba likes this.
  12. jimmyzoudcba

jimmyzoudcba Haxor Tester

Yeah, how I go archer and steal enemy seeds and toss them in the corner of a map :smug:

13. FuzzyBlueBaron

Okay, but why do we need an additional shop to buy seeds from when we could just add them to a currently existing shop?

PUNK123 likes this.
  14. AmestriStephen

AmestriStephen Haxor Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

I think that this game wasn't supposed to be a "stealth" game itself... In my opinion there is no need to add more stealth elements..
    Maybe the text bubble and the emoji thing should be fixed... along with that annoying "underground lighted doors" glitch..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.