1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[request] custom sprite system

Discussion in 'Requests' started by super_gaming_geek, Jan 13, 2015.

1. super_gaming_geek

super_gaming_geek Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

I was thinking that this game really needs another mod like blowjob.
    I was thinking it could be called bodyjob, and what it will do is this:
    Its a way for players to submit their own custom sprites for classes, for example, I post a sprite for knight that has thick body armor, or I post a sprite for archer with a cool crossbow, or I post a builder with a robe on.
    Its the ultimate way for players to truly customize their look, imagine blowjob that instead of having custom heads, you have custom sprites.

What do you think?

== super_gaming_geek ==

2. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

If you want to, you can just edit the spritesheets. It'd be pretty hard to pull off well though, the bodies have a lot of frames.

This is KnightMale.png in KAG\Base\Entities\Characters\Knight. You would have to do a female version as well, or just copy your edited version so they would both look the same.

KnightMale.png

You get the idea. It's one thing to make three very similar frames of a relatively small object, but not a lot of people could pull off the custom body.

3. super_gaming_geek

super_gaming_geek Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

I guess special players that for example donated gets a special skin

4. ZeroZ30o

ZeroZ30o Haxor

But then we're getting into gameplay-affecting territory. And as potatobird said, it's way too much work -especially if the mod maker had to check if the sprites clearly representated the team color.

Asu likes this.