1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Darts for Builder (weak builder-only weapon)

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by J-man2003, Jan 16, 2015.

?

Do you think this should be added?

1. Yes, your brilliant!

20.0%
  2. No, your stupid.

66.7%
  3. Mabye but different.

13.3%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

The idea came from the fact that the only 2 weapons builders have are:

1. Spikes, which can be OP if used correctly

2. Boulders, which are hard to use but usually result in a insta-kill

So what would these darts do? They would be a weak ranged weapon for builders, buyable at the builder shop. The darts would be throw able by builders, they simply have it in their hands and toss it, they would have a lower velocity than spikes and do about 0.5-1 hearts of damage, and they can stack up to 2. The darts would also cost around 10-15 stone or so.

Thoughts?

ThE_HeRo likes this.
  2. swagbot

swagbot Shopkeep Stealer

Don't forget builders (exclusively) have drills! Not to mention they can drop blocks on an enemy's head (if you construct a long floating wooden platform in front of your tower and destroy the connecting block, you can rek quite a few enemies assaulting your tower; a cheaper alternative to spike drops!). I like the idea, though. I'd consider making them even weaker than .5-1, and make them .25-.5. If it dealt 1 heart of damage you could kill an archer with just two- if anything they should be weaker than arrows (i'm not too sure how much damage arrows deal) and have significantly less range than an arrow. Maybe have them disintegrate after like 5 blocks.

3. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

Yeah, though I think archers that were decent could dodge them easily, as I said, they would have low velocity and could be shielded/dodged. So I think having them do 1 heart of damage is okay, since having them do have or 3 quarters would get annoying.

And, the reason why I thought this would be a good addition is because builders don't have a cheap and weak weapon (personally I think boulders should be nerfed, they don't make sense and are ridiculously unbalanced presently) but maybe to follow along with the idea of cheap they would only do 1 heart of damage if the builder successfully jumps whilst throwing the dart and/or gets a "running start" and then throws it, if they do neither it will result in only .5 damage.

P.S. Also, drills kinda need a damage nerf, seriously they should be limited to mainly block breaking, the builder's weapon arsenal is surprisingly big.

4. swagbot

swagbot Shopkeep Stealer

This probably isn't the thread for this conversation, but why do you think builders need to be nerfed? I agree the drills can be pretty lethal, but their cool down time and extremely limited range neuters it pretty well in combat. I mean, builders aren't really meant for combat to begin with, but they do have a (small, as far as i can tell,) range of weapons available to them for combat (spike drops, drilling faces, dropping blocks [albeit that's a more passive approach and can't be used in the heat of the moment]). The pickaxe doesn't pose a threat to a good archer (you have to be retarded to let a builder pick you to death) nor does it deal much damage and at a pretty slow hit rate... I don't see where you would possibly nerf them or why

Regarding the darts, I wouldn't wanna see them have much of a range even with low damage. I think it should be a (weak) "last resort" weapon, otherwise it would encourage builders to engage in combat (which is something the mechanics should innately discourage imo)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
  5. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

meh, I just thought it should be used for annoying people at the bottom of your wall, or hitting them, whilst stunning them, and running away, or to kill low health players.

6. austinthus

austinthus Horde Gibber

Maybe have the darts do no damage, but slow down whoever they hit? Then you can try to go in for the kill, or just weaken someone for an ally. I think builders need a little bit of offensive capability, but they should remain close-combat since they're not made for fighting.

7. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Its a new idea that probably no one ever came up with before. I give you respect for that.

But I think its dumb. Sorry. Builder shouldn't be ranged.

8. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

I figured they should have damage, but very little, to annoy people like archer arrows used to :rekt::rekt::rekt:

9. Hallic

Hallic Haxor

Spikes in current build are not OP, even when used correctly a knight has a sea of time to bomb/keg the trap or whatever.

10. Pharphis

Pharphis Tree Planter

Builders have their pickaxe ;)
    (and stomping)

11. Egholm

Egholm Shipwright

Fine you're thinking out of the box, but I agree with a couple of people here.
    Builders aren't meant for combat. They got some cool tricks in their sleeve to pull off, but it makes sense to their role and it's within reason.
    I'd say builders are fairly balanced as they are now. The instakill spike at any range was a bit op ::D:

A builder with darts sounds dumb to me, but respect for new thinking. :wink:

12. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

you can do meager damage by throwing any number of things, even corpses. A throwable object that does 1/2 - 1 heart of damage sounds like another piece of clutter.

13. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

It's meant to be like a weak water bomb/boulder for builders to escape enemies or help fellow knights while pushing and taking more turf, barely clutter really, it can stun.

Mods: Rainbows