1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1239] Boulders OP pls nerf

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by IguanaMan, Nov 29, 2014.

1. HappySheep

HappySheep Horde Gibber

2. IguanaMan

IguanaMan Ballista Bolt Thrower

Small update. I was wrong about boulders not slowing you down, they do. Also, boulders can still kill you when crouched if they hit you from above (don't need a lot of height, can be done when both standing on equal ground). I'm not as salty as I was before and have kind of learned to accept them since they aren't going anywhere. Still would like to see a nerf similar to the treatment spikes have received but I'm not expecting it tbh.

kodysch likes this.
  3. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

I agree with this whole heatedly. It is out of control when a builder can kill a knight point blank. If we nerfed spikes we need to nerf boulders.

4. kittycity

kittycity Haxor

Or we could un-nerf spikes and never nerf boulders :>

PUNK123 and kodysch like this.
  5. kodysch

but what is done is done.

6. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

The difference with boulders I'd that most of the time it's obvious that someone has one and is going to try and kill you. You can also grab boulders if you are fast enough. Lastly boulders slow you down and you can miss at times

7. kodysch

Doesn't change the fact that they can kill you from from 1 space away, can be hid in the inventory, and that knights can carry them.

8. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Hey as long as archers can still carry them and I can still do that Anonymuse style trickery I dgaf what happens to boulders

9. trueok

trueok Builder Stabber

--- Double Post Merged, Dec 29, 2014, Original Post Date: Dec 29, 2014 ---
    A boulder costs 35 stone so you must mine or wait for the tent to give you 30 wich will take up 1 min

10. Pierre59

Pierre59 Shipwright

you never played tdm then because
    they are too cheap for what they are especially whit this new patch when archers can just instakill you by poking you whit them
    so I’m sorry to announce you that in tdm they need or :
    to be removed/cost more
    or nerfed

hierbo and kodysch like this.
  11. zampanothechimera

zampanothechimera Shopkeep Stealer

i say just cost more because someone who just spams boulders all of the time would get a boulder from the 50 coins you get at start and if you did well go back and get more increasing your amount of coins constantly (if you are good)
    most are not good with boulders and use all of their money to attempt 1 kill.

trueok likes this.
  12. kodysch

I was thinking a good nerf to boulders would be to make them more dangerous to use. As in you can kill yourself with one a lot easier. keeps them lethal but raises the skill.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 31, 2014, Original Post Date: Dec 31, 2014 ---
    What if who ever carried a boulder took additional fall damage?

13. jarrydthysse

jarrydthysse Bison Rider
    1. Trueblue [TB]

I think you should not be able to use your shield (for knight) and grapple hook (for archer) so that the user is more vulnerable to damage while holding a boulder

kodysch and IguanaMan like this.
  14. hierbo

hierbo Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

We had this old thread way back in the day called [984] Boulder Drilling, or something like that. The general consensus (except for a couple of Aussie cheaters, JK I love you guys) was that the boulder thing was a little harsh; go have a read if you like. There was plenty of snark in there, but also a lot of good points.

My personal favorite fix was to make the boulders more like kegs, so that they are too heavy to throw at all, and can't be used as a short range blast weapon, but then also make them more badass as catapult ammo. You could still drop them off walls for fun death, too.

Another idea related to this that I always found kind of neat was to make builders able to carry and throw these "heavy" items, but nobody else (since the builder is so beefy and is otherwise not much of a combat threat usually, so less risk of abuse).

I haven't played in a while, though, so take this with a grain of salt. Just throwing it out there.

15. trueok

trueok Builder Stabber

Tdm thy cost 50 so one per spawn

16. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

I finally found a solution!

I propose that Boulder can only be used by the Builder!

We do not touch it's property which very well.

So all the people who complain about the boulder OP (especially when the archer uses) will be happy. ;D

hierbo and LegendBeta like this.
  17. Pierre59

Pierre59 Shipwright

very true . would give people more reasons to play builder when they want to defend their tower by dropping a boulder on his attackers or load a catapult whit it . what the boulder WAS ACTUALLY meant for !

hierbo and LegendBeta like this.
  18. kodysch

But seriously this needs to be addressed, @Geti i'd like to know your opinion on the issue.
    If you'd watch this Clip of how unfair a boulder is. Granted it is a very skilled player it is just plain op, and this clip doesn't even show the bullshit insta-gib throws that can happen at a moments notice and have zero distance requirements to kill.

19. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

Deleted a few posts, don't go off topic. Also, @awesomedudesam add onto your points.

20. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

I was thinking about the damage done by each class with boulders, an archer is clearly the most "weak" class (i mean muscles) while builder being the strongman.

Archer: 2 hearts
    Knight: 3 hearts
    Builder: 4 hearts

I didnt thought all the details that would make the boulder balanced and that.

:up:JUST SAYING:up: