1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Mines and boulders can be destroyed by our allies when it carries

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Snake19, Feb 4, 2015.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Everything is in the title, this is something quite boring.

How many times, he happened to me, to mine stone for a boulder, and 5 sec after an ally destroyed it, by inadvertently because of a slash in a vacuum. (When i have the boulder in my hand)
    Then you try to build another, but it has a stone shortage at spawn D; (for example)

And it's the same for mine it costs 60 coins
    You feeds the kills you buy your mines, you carry it for the launch on your enemies, BUT You run past a Builder that is using its pickaxe -> your Mine is instantly targeted and destroyed in 1 - 2 hits.

everything I just said is when the item is carry and only carry

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  2. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

Yea i agree and think that you shouldn't be able to hit mines and boulders when they are in someone's hand

blackjoker77777, EhRa and Snake19 like this.
  3. Also including doors, and trap blocks with this would be good.

icemusher likes this.
  4. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

I agree, but the title is actually misleading
    "Mines and boulders can be destroyed by our allies when it carries"
    should be "Mines and boulders can't be destroyed by our allies while carrying" or something along those lines. Basically, your title currently contradicts your post.

FuzzyBlueBaron and SirDangalang like this.
  5. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

It's pretty funny because at the beginning I wrote :
    "Mines and boulders can not be destroyed by our allies When It caries."

After..
    I asked to my friend Fuzzle, if my English was OK and he said:

Fuzzle answer.png

So who do I believe? x)

6. Auburn

heh, sorry, I naturally use a lot of contractions. Can't = cannot
    Also, the title still doesn't have a negative in it. @FuzzyBlueBaron @Nighthawk maybe one of you can explain the strange rules of the english language better?

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  7. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Uh. I think the source of the confusion is the fact that this is the "suggestions" section of the forum, and the title of the thread is actually explaining the problem as opposed to the suggestion.
    Problem: "Mines can be destroyed by allies while you are carrying them."
    Suggestion: "Disable allies damaging mines while you are carrying them." (This is the one you probably want for your thread title.)

8. NastyCamper

NastyCamper Builder Stabber

I agree but they need to look at friendly fire on the boulders before they change this. Maybe make it a few more hits but boulders are a favorite tool of griefers and I see that about as often as I see them used properly. So until that tilts in the right direction I think everything should be destructable but I agree it's too easy and happens on accident far too often right now.

I think an interesting mechanic would be adding a durability to knight shields as well. They're the only class without a diminishing resource making them infinitely useful on the battlefield. In a game of limited resources that doesn't make much sense. Allow them to pick up the wreckage of other shields to replenish their own so they don't become a useless class. But as it stands right now the shield is a slightly broken element of the game.

9. Auburn

To be killed by a teammates boulder isn't as easy as getting killed by an enemy boulder. You pretty much have to be sitting around doing nothing, and be completely unaware of your surroundings. Honestly, I can't say I've ever been killed by a friendly boulder that hasn't been at the end of a tdm round.

Ignoring your second paragraph because offtopic.

10. NastyCamper

NastyCamper Builder Stabber

I'm referring to the griefing aspect of boulders, not just random boulders falling on your face. It's not often that it happens but in every instance that a teammate is regularly buying boulders (in my experience) there has been some degree of griefing involved at some point. And to be fair it goes both ways. Sometimes the grief is just people destroying them for the giggles. Not very funny if you were the one that bought it.

Anyway, sure, make them harder to destroy by teammates.

11. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Why is there even a discussion about this?

12. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

I didn't know this - now I can stop boulder using cunts on my team. Thanks.

Mods: Rainbows