1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Most annoying things in KAG

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mcrifel, Nov 7, 2014.

?

which one is the worst?

1. Saw teamkills

52 vote(s)
    51.0%
  2. Archers using mounted bow

5 vote(s)
    4.9%
  3. kegs fired by catapults

8 vote(s)
    7.8%
  4. Stupid people that create stupid threads such as annoying things in KAG

22 vote(s)
    21.6%
  5. Other

15 vote(s)
    14.7%
  1. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

I votekick them after I swing to the them, dodging all their shitty aim, stomp them and kill them.

SirDangalang and AmestriStephen like this.
  2. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Honestly if you get killed by someone 1 hitting you with a boulder, and commence to kicking them because you died, the people being kicked aren't the problem, and is a douche move to do just because you died.

3. Blue_Tiger

Bomb arrows are fair game, easily dodged and countered. I only kick boulder-archers and campers.

4. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Kicking anyone for using something for it's intended feature no matter if they annoy you is still pretty fucked up. Kicking over personal opinions of how you think they should play is god awful.

5. Blue_Tiger

Disagree, but you have a right to your opinion :).

6. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

This game might as well just allow one person on, if kicking people for not playing in your designated manner is how this game was intended. Regardless of my opinion, there's a manner of courtesy involved as well.

7. Blue_Tiger

Boulders are OP, in TDM, an archer can use his roundly coins to buy a boulder, and just fling himself at enemies, push space, and get an easy kill. I use them only when a cunt flings one at me and I still manage to get the retaliation kill almost all of the time. Any player that knows the physics of the boulder can easily win any fight no matter what, and therefore when players use boulders EVERY ROUND, they develop the physics in their head and win every round. Take their boulder away, and they suck donkey dick. Boulders were not designed to be used in TDM with archer's grapple, they were designed for builders to defend themselves. Since the devs don't want to fix TDM, I will just continue to make my temporary fix of kicking the cunts who use these. I think I'm doing well because I've noticed some past cunt boulder users become less boulder users and actually gain some skill.

On the idea of camping, that's fucking simple. If someone just sits in a place knights cannot get and archers cannot get easily, they get a clear advantage, and it become how Gather is - one team is afraid to push because of a disadvantage, the other is a douche bag just camping and wasting everyone else's time. Only solution is to remove the player from the lobby.

AmestriStephen likes this.
  8. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

It's the camping in tdm that I will agree with @Blue_Tiger. TDM is about quick matches where both sides make effort to eliminate the other. It's why we have a time limit of a few minutes on most TDM servers right?

I know of that one map where they're are mines enclosed in wood at the top and merchants under the map.
    4/5 times it always ends with one archer hanging out down there and one knight refusing to switch class and instead digs dirt for ten years.

A few vote to skip maps usually solves the issue but if that same archer is doing the exactly same thing every time that map comes around I can see how that would be kick material.

Blue_Tiger likes this.
  9. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

10. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

You seem to be under the impression that everyone is blind as a bat when they play. You know, I've rarely died from boulder kills because I look in all directions and actually use the zoom out function. Sure they are op, but it's not just the boulders being the problem. It's people not looking all too far ahead when running out.

11. Blue_Tiger

You can hide boulders.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 19, 2015, Original Post Date: Jan 19, 2015 ---
    Also, you must be a pretty pussy archer, running from all enemies, to never get into close combat with an archer that happens to have a boulder in his back pocket.

12. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I don't even go archer because they suck in defense. I am mainly a Knight and Builder. A knight has a better chance to defend against a boulder than both a builder and archer.

Also they can hide boulders, but 9 times out of 10 it's just people trying to blindly drop them on you in the open. If they hide them with trap blocks, it's safe to assume to never go near enemy trap blocks anyway.

13. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

An archer with a boulder in his inventory doesnt has the sprite of the full quiver in his back ...
    also you can easily sit to dodge a boulder, they are a bit OP, but kicking people for using them is not right.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  14. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Plus you can't hotkey a boulder I don't think, unlike burgers (or bombs for Knights, etc.) and as such it takes a second or longer for them to pull the boulder out.

Again, boulders are a problem, but not the only problem facing why boulders are as bad as they are. Idiots and the blind take the cake for this as well.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 20, 2015, Original Post Date: Jan 20, 2015 ---
    What needs to happen is to give archers something they can use that is useful like a boulder but weak to compensate, and then disable boulders for archers. My idea is a bow that you can buy that replaces your current one (when you buy it) that is more like a grappling hook. You can grapple to where you need, and then aim this bow at anyone and it'll grab them, pull them up and hang them there. You can then drop them down onto the ground (it stunning them upon release) thus allowing them to get hurt. It would then also be used as a sort of trap, allowing archers to grab hold of you, to let the Knights come and hit you. Of course there'd have to be some limit to it, thus if you hit your Right and Left Mouse keys, it'll allow for you to bust out from it's grip.

If they use it while you and them are on the ground, it'll allow the one held to still be able to move around, but only up (jumping) and back towards the Archer using it. With this I think it'd be fun and add something more useful to archers aside from match breaking special ammo.

15. lare290

lare290 Ballista Bolt Thrower

when you actually took a lot of time and effort to get to enemy base and get flag and people just complain, calling you spawnkiller and shit
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 8, 2015, Original Post Date: Feb 8, 2015 ---
    Also those who complain abour jab-spamming. Really, if it works, why is it so bad?

Blue_Tiger likes this.
  16. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

• When I want to do a keg bomb jump and a guy steals my keg! > _ <

FuzzyBlueBaron and Potatobird like this.
  17. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Or both the bomb and the keg! 25252525

Snake19 likes this.
  18. Olimarrex

Olimarrex Ballista Bolt Thrower Official Server Admin

• Flaming
    Hated things in kag:
    Non-offensive builders, that don't even build anything even at the base.
    *redacted by FBB*
    Kag logic. (stomping people with such force that you get stomped, paper shields, long slashes, fake slashes, shield slashes...)

EDIT by FBB: I seem to distinctly recall saying that directly targeting people was a no-no. Have a warning.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2015
  19. Blue_Tiger

The worst is those who complain about water arrows.

Havelock likes this.
  20. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

Noob offensive builders that take all of the recources out of storage and jump in the field and die almost instantly