1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What if jabs where disabled for the first week of play?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kodysch, Feb 10, 2015.

1. tru0067

tru0067 Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester

Increase jab-shield stun so that you can get in a jab/slash and shield before they can do anything. Shield becomes a hard counter to jabs. Jab spam nerfed. Problem solved.

2. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

That reminds me... At certain angles the jab stun doesn't work and players can continue to jab even if they hit my shield or technically should have. But I do think the stun should be longer. I've seen people get stunned and still come instantly back out of it only to start jabbing me again

3. startselect3

startselect3 Arsonist

What if we disabled jabbing to new AND old players forever? Really though, jab spamming can be good like you said, but the new (and sometimes old) players abusing it really gives it a bad name. What if we just made it take more time between each individual jab, so it won't (can't really) be abused but still sometimes used to disable slashes or surprise someone.

4. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

Increased stun from shield counter sounds better to me instead of lowering the jab rate @startselect3

That way everyone's happy right? The jabspammers get to keep their beloved tactic un-nerfed directly, however adept and timed use of multiple jabs are now required.

Punish the players that jab mindlessly and not strategically is what it boils down to. An increased penalty from shield counters could do that.

#SuchMetagame :^D

kodysch, hierbo and tru0067 like this.
  5. Leo

Leo Haxor

How about fight jab with jab ? And fight slash with slash ? If you loose in both cases, well the other guy is just better than you.

Havelock likes this.
  6. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

I don't like to pretend it's skill when someone with a better, or worse, connection can hit me because of desynch or shield delays. Shields need to induce longer stuns, since the current time has them jab and keep jabbing.

FuzzyBlueBaron, kedram and kodysch like this.
  7. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

As of right now i can say that jabs were given a well needed buff, but the fact that you can simply keep on jabbing with such a little penalty is wrong. i feel Yagger is right in saying that increased stun time for jabs hitting shields is needed.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  8. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Thing that annoys me is that extra jab you can get when you single slash a shielding knight: he gets stunned and you can jab fast as fuck after a slash.

9. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

you can actually slash someone and then jab immediately afterwords for a guaranteed 3 hearts.

10. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

that is evil someone please get the water

icemusher likes this.
  11. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

Not to get too involved in the conversation about nerfs and buffs, but just to add my 2 cents in if it ever is considered by the devs to do anything to help polish Jabs (if jabs even need it, I'm not the judge of these things).

Going back to the similarities jabs have to fencing, perhaps jabbing too many times too fast should give a ministun just like holding a slash too long? In fencing doing something like that can tire your arm out pretty fast for a moment, which is generally why the skill in the sport comes from landing the hit in one quick moment instead of many failed attempts. Another fencing-like solution is making hits after the first one be weaker, simply due to there being less room to thrust a sword means there is less room to get force into it.

Eh, that's all I got, ideas-wise.

12. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Realistic and a good balance idea. I like the thought of that because you aren't taking a one sided approach.

Crabmaster likes this.