1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Reviving Team Mates

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by LostPix, Aug 24, 2013.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

tl:dr
    But how about reviving team mates is only a thing a specific class can do ; I suggest the builder( if this idea ever goes forward) beacause the archer/knight have both got there unique item why doesn't the builder get one too?

Doesn't he deserve some love too? I'm all about building and I want to take it to the next game (KAB) but recently all I can do is rush to CTH or stay behind and look after the tower using a catapult or some sort of weapon to attack.

2. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

I do agree about builder, he would have more purpose on the frontlines and it would actually be cool if you could build field hospital tent or something where you bring wounded.

3. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

Where you could bring the wounded?
    Sounds like classic quarters to me.
    If they are "wounded" they are not dead so do not need reviving. See me previous rant for extra info.

4. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

I meant wounded in terms of a player corpse with red cross over, the way it would work, you would still wait for respawn as normal except the camera would follow your body if someone picks it up and then brings it to the field medic tent where you get instantly respawned inside with full health, there would need to be some sort of delay or perhaps limitation because system like this seems like it might be abused.

5. Boea

Boea Such Beta

There is a fast button to eat food/use a heart, it's also the button that lets knight ignite bombs, and kegs, and lets people throw what they are holding........ spacebar.

How about we use hearts to revive people? They come in a limited amount, they are perishable, and they are only produced when a corpse is gibbed, so you have to choose carefully who you want to revive.

6. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

It's not that simple if you carry a bomb or water bomb or both because once you press space bar it will use them instead.

7. Boea

Boea Such Beta

[You just have to pull the darn thing out, and it is consumed, if you are injured]

As far as screwing with your inventory, I've never had much of a problem except when stuffing things into the inventories of the halls.
    Again, if we had a reliable fast button, then n-tuple bomb jumps would be all too common, and there would always be that juggernaut that wastes all the burgers thinking themselves invincible, and ends up being a fleshy delivery package for the enemy team.

Seriously, health is too quickly depleted for healing items to be much help.

8. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

You talk out of your ass here except the last line about the health, who really cares if one knight keeps jumping multiple times, I only saw people do double one at their best unless you are this guy who made videos of penta jump and you still need to take game latency into account because I don't think anyone will be able to pull triple one even on any server, also devs would not miss such detail considering they spent working on this game for two years and I have been here since the humble beginnings myself and they fix all the bugs one way or another, you still have to select items from inventory first to set them active and that's what I want shortcuts for, the quick button is meant to change the selection merely, you still need to press the space bar to lit or use items and to make multiple jumps you still need to put lit bombs into your inventory while perfectly timing them, so I don't see any issue, I don't know why is it so hard to think? Because it seems like it's the the biggest problem with players in this game and so many people in this community.

9. for the record, ive done it during a battle on a tth server. not on purpose but i have!

pretty sure that para could do it any day or night

10. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Do you mean that moment when you jump over something exploding and then you get fired sky high? Because I had this happen to me few times not on purpose too but it served me well as I could fly quite a distance.

11. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

What? Triple bombjumps are extremely easy to pull off. You just have to make sure there aren't many enemies close by, or allies for that matter because they seem to enjoy picking up your bombs and blowing themselves up.

AcidSeth likes this.
  12. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

I this is implemented I think it should be TTH only. Definitely not in CTF.
    Cool idea though. :D

Digger101 likes this.
  13. Boea

Boea Such Beta

I don't think I was talking out of my ass, considering what has been said.
    Anyways, the inventory is very good as it is, you just need mouse coordination.

And when it comes to multi bomb jumping, I don't buy you on that, especially when they said double bomb jumping was removed.

So yeah, to prevent abuse with people bussing burgers, and making 17 Burger shops, use hearts to revive people, and through good faith, they heal on the field from the hearts, or build a burger shop.
    They have to earn their second life, but at the very least, they can toss in a few slashes, and help a rush/push.

14. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

15. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Again, hearts are more viable since they perish [even in inventory], and are 75% drop on gib, so you can't revive your whole team, and hearts auto-consume, so only full health characters can gather them.

16. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

This is very unlikely to happen in vanilla fwiw. KAG is simply too fast paced for this kind of thing to matter.

SMASH1413 likes this.
  17. henriquemartinss

henriquemartinss Base Burner

Revive using burguers :D

18. Pixelated_Romantic

Pixelated_Romantic Catapult Fodder

If it was a lengthy process and didn't leave the recently revived at full health, it could be cool. It would also be a good idea if you could only do it once to somebody, but it would definitely need to be disabled during TDM.

19. super_gaming_geek

super_gaming_geek Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

This sounds like a pretty good idea. I'd like to see this happening.

20. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

So would this be you could revive someone's corpse while they're respawning still or not gibs? I'm all for this as it sounds like an interesting gameplay element and will help lower the length of rounds which in turn means there would be less stalemates because people would be able to be revived, though I think then corpses should decay after the player has respawned, makes more sense IMO.

Mods: Rainbows