1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Let's Fix TTH - Accepting Your Suggestions!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nand, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Ballista Bolt Thrower

We used to hand it out like candy on Action

but then everyone grew up and life happened ::(:

thebonesauce and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  2. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Ah man, I know the feeling. ::(:

{edit}
    On topic: Arrrrrgh; not having internet that costs less than 500,000,000$ a kb means I can't really give the TTH mod a try. Much sads. ::(:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  3. Chrispin

Chrispin KAG Guard Tester

The main issue I have with TTH is that the progression of the game hits a ceiling within the first minute and then we get stuck in a stalemate until teams get unbalanced. I never understood the maximum production limit, but there's no way to progress your siege when you can only have a few ballistas/catapults/kegs/mines available at any given time.

4. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

There's this bug when someone has a bomb workshop or something like it with ammo that someone can get infinite bombs from it. Let's say someone builds a bomb workshop really high and there right by it, they can keep on getting bombs and lighting/throwing them at the opposing team down below, though I'm not sure how to fix this.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 23, 2015, Original Post Date: Feb 23, 2015 ---
    So, if you unlock something from the tech tree with resources, you can use coins to buy it, but if you don't you use gold to buy it?

5. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

One involves the hall, the other the Russian trader.
    • Hall
      • Use resources (wood, stone, gold) to unlock a tech
      • Use coins to buy scrolls of that tech (as many as you have coins for, whenever you wish to)
    • Trader
      • Use gold to purchase a single (i.e. one (1)) scroll of a tech you've not yet researched
      • Gold must be spent each/every time you wish to get another scroll this way
    Basically, it allows people to choose between spending gold on quick (but limited) access, or slower (but unlimited) access to scrolls of a particular tech.

Been thinking about this; and wondering if it might be worth allowing alternate ways to get more workers (like, other than using gold to purchase more of them). Maybe either have the worker cap for a hall slowly increase over time? Or perhaps just allow new works to be purchased with wood and/or stone as well as gold (although, obviously, it would need to be a LOT more wood and/or stone than the 200 gold it currently is for a new worker).

Chrispin likes this.
  6. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I think what I don't like about TTH is the fact that it's very hard to capture multiple halls if you don't have a good team to back you up. I think that there should only be 2 halls and the map was smaller. And you'd also be allowed more production. That would be amazing imo because it would still keep the basics of TTH and make it go faster. If the 2 halls is too short maybe a 3rd hall in the middle of the map, so it's just a constant battle for control of mid. I think this would make things go a lot faster and feel more intense for the players. It would most likely attract players that aren't "good enough" to buy expense items such as catas, kegs, etc. while still being just as intense as ctf. Heck, I'd probably switch to TTH if those changes were made.

J-man2003 likes this.
  7. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

- Two Tents and some Halls.
    - Halls can be captured, Tents can't.
    - Halls give points over time if under control.
    - Points are automatically converted into the items you've researched.
    - When a team has earned enough points the game's over.

hierbo and J-man2003 like this.
  8. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

So like domination? I like it but maybe for a different gamemode since it doesn't really look like tth anymore except for the halls part.

9. Chrispin

Chrispin KAG Guard Tester

Well wood and stone is pretty accessible. I wouldn't make it cost enough stone to cause a brand new type of resource drought, "STONE DROUGHT". Then it kinda defeats the purpose of making new workers accessible, but you could make workers require a dorm, which of course would be much easier to destroy than a hall upgraded with gold. So it has some disadvantages.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 1, 2015, Original Post Date: Feb 26, 2015 ---
    Really loving the changes to you've made to TTH so far. It's already more fun to play.

Just a small suggestion: we don't need to remove night time. We just need colored lanterns with a huge light radius so we can have disco parties, just like in the old classic mods.

hierbo, J-man2003, Nand and 2 others like this.
  10. TheDirtySwine

Lanterns with increased light radius is a better balance imo. Balances are ok so far

hierbo likes this.
  11. Nand

Nand Arsonist Tester

I actually already have code for this so get psyched.

12. TheDirtySwine

Make the lanterns change colors so it is a rave disco party.

J-man2003 and Chrispin like this.
  13. FuzzyBlueBaron

iirc, @Mazey made a really cool disco jukebox that did both lights and music. Should see if we can get the code from him. ::):

tru0067, TheDirtySwine and Chrispin like this.
  14. TheDirtySwine

I remember the days when I was on the MOLE servers and someone with the name Doc would always make rave towers. I wish I could remember his full name. Good old days. Pointless beautiful buildings.

thebonesauce likes this.
  15. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

I don't have the code anymore but I can remake it.

edit: if you just want random colored lantern, duplice the lantern blob and change the onTick function into this:
    Code:
    void onTick( CBlob@ this )
    {
    this.SetLightColor( SColor(255, XORRandom(256), XORRandom(256), XORRandom(256)));

if (this.isLight() && this.isInWater())
        {
            Light( this, false );
        }
    }
    edit2:
    If you don't like the randomness, change line 5. argb (keep alpha 255)
    Code:
        this.SetLightColor( SColor(255, r, g, b ) ); //red value, green value, blue value
    Maybe you just didn't like the random color every 24 ticks, and want the lantern to not change color, but set a random color upon creating the lantarn. Same thing as the onTick, but we don't want it every tick but only on init. Line 5:
    Code:
    this.SetLightColor( SColor(255, XORRandom(256), XORRandom(256), XORRandom(256)));
    edit3:
    Also you have to remove
    Code:
        this.getCurrentScript().runFlags |= Script::tick_inwater;
    because it breaks color changing in onTick.

I uploaded a zip of the jukebox, also the jukebox is water resistant :kappa:
    If you're going to use this and want multiple songs or something else: spam me on Steam

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
    RampageX, FuzzyBlueBaron and PUNK123 like this.
  16. FuzzyBlueBaron

:heart:

Love you, bai.

PUNK123 likes this.
  17. tru0067

tru0067 Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester

How about when you have unlocked a tech by researching it your hall you buy the scrolls (which allow you to build the workshop) with money (coins you earn from kills) and there is no limit to how many scrolls of one particular item you can have, instead the cost increases exponentially (*10 every time for example) so that the first few workshops are relatively easy to get (say, 10 coins, then 100 coins) but then it gets extremely expensive, but not impossible (1000 coins and then 10000 coins). This would teams can get the upper hand in a long battle by investing their money in more scrolls (and therefore more workshops). It would also reinforce the theme of immediate gain vs long term benefit as you could choose to buy items from shops (immediate gain) or save up for an expensive scroll (long term benefit). You could also use different scale and original prices for each scroll (so ballista could start at 150, then go to 600 then 2400 (*4 every time), while bombs/arrows could start at 5, then 25, then 125 etc. (*5 every time)).

Note this would apply to the number of scrolls purchased, not workshops built (to avoid exploitation).

J-man2003 and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  18. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

Instead it should be adding increments instead of multiplying them, in my opinion then they would just be too high opposed to the more controlled addition of more price, this would still carry on the same idea but I'm quite sure only sangfroid could get 10000 coins.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  19. tru0067

tru0067 Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester

That was sort of the point as it would prevent a team from getting too many of a good workshop, while still remaining POSSIBLE.

20. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

eh, then it would be limited to truly only 2 workshops unless you have a sangfroid

What I think would work is after having placed a workshop there would be a delay for like 30 sec - 1 min in which you couldn't build the same workshop.