1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG forum is "unsafe"

Discussion in 'Forum, wiki and other THD pages' started by Blue_Tiger, Feb 26, 2015.

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97
  1. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Not entirely sure why but KAG forum is being called unsafe on my phone and iPad. However, this was not the case for my PC so I came here anyway. Anyone know why this is the case.

Sorry if it's not very detailed but writing on my phone makes me suicidal :p.

blackjoker77777 and Fuzzle like this.
  2. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Can confirm; forum.kag2d.com was coming up as unsafe on my sister's phone. The phone claims that, apparently, the security certificate is bork? @Furai

3. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

Security Certificate on mobile devices has wrong date. It shows that it's valid from 07.08.0020 and expires 07.09.0020. I'm sure this is a reason why forum website is marked as unsafe ;)

Fuzzle and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  4. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

It will get fixed soon.

5. Leo

Leo Haxor

0020 ? This means.... JESUS IS STILL ALIVE !!!

hierbo, Noburu, DatNobby and 3 others like this.
  6. LucasTT

LucasTT Haxor Tester

I'm on PC and Chrome says 'identity not verified' (click the locker to see it)

7. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Yeah, I just got the Certificate was unsafe for some reason. I'm on a mac using firefox if that helps.

8. Furai

Can you guys expand the details of the errors? Copy paste it here or make a screenshot?

9. MadRaccoon

MadRaccoon Haxor

10. Furai

Hmm that doesn't really show the reason...

11. MadRaccoon

MadRaccoon Haxor

12. Furai

Ok, anyone with more screenshots of the issue?

13. Furai

Does anyone have this issue in a browser besides chrome?

14. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Hi everyone,

As you can tell, we have had some challenges with our SSL certificate renewal this year. With this year's renewal, we changed providers of the SSL certificate as well as generated a new cert/keypair to begin using a SHA2-signed certificate. At the same time, some improvements were made to the cipher suites and other SSL-related configuration on the webserver.

Unfortunately, this means that there are many areas where an issue could have been introduced and many variables we need to rule out. This is compounded by the fact that we all have full-time jobs (which for some of the THD folks may be 'student')!

I, and the rest of the THD team, appreciate your patience with this issue as well as the issues with the API and other authentication issues last week (which were all related to these same SSL challenges).

Ryan

PS -- A special thanks to Furai, who has been helping communicate and gather information on the issues while I haven't been as available. He has been a priceless asset to the THD team for years, and this latest issue and assistance just continues to reflect that.

15. blackjoker77777

blackjoker77777 Haxor Tester
    1. Zen Laboratories

Hi guys, I got an issue opening KAG forums on my Phone (Nokia Lumia 710)
    the problem is that I get that warning and then some stuff in the forums are blocked (like "inbox" tab and "alert" tab and the forum is no longer sync)
    I couldn't take a screenshot but here is what's written in it
    We encounter problems with the security certificate for this site.
    The security certificate does not appear to be from a trusted certificate authority. This may indicate an attempt to fool you or access to information that you send to the server.
    We advise you not to visit this website. Return to the previous page or enter a new web address in the address bar.
    Go to previous page //this is a button//
    Continue to this website (not recommended) //this is a button//
    More information //this is a button//

If you reached this page by pressing a link, check the URL in the address bar to make sure that it is the expected address.
    When you want to visit a website whose address is the kind https://example.com, insert "www" before the domain name of the address for https://www.example.com.
    If you decide to ignore this error and continue, do not enter personal information on the web site.

16. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

^ Yup, it's not gone
    2015-03-06-19-50-14.jpg
    But the best is that:
    2015-03-06-19-51-59.jpg 2015-03-06-19-53-13.jpg
    When I changed my android language to English, validity date was correct and when I changed it back to Polish it's was not.
    So, I just checked on the second mobile browser and this time both dates are fine, however forum.kag2d.com is still unsafe.

(I've no idea if it's date/language related (probably not, it's just weird thing I never saw before) but I think it was worth mentioning)

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97