1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG single-player features, menus, the engine

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by trainchaser, Jan 20, 2015.

1. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

The reason I got a head was to stand out of the crowd a little more. I'm all for customization and I think having really hard to get achievements would really show player dedication to the game.

Noburu, FuzzyBlueBaron and kodysch like this.
  2. Adrianza

Adrianza Shark Slayer
    1. Zen Laboratories

omg brah you genius! :D love the idea

Snake19 likes this.
  3. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

We need same system for our heads like cs go has for skins :rekt:

4. Orzechix

Orzechix Base Burner
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Yeah, I agree with Snake! It's cool idea, I like customize my "heroes" in many games and in KAG in the way of "leveling" and getting to the next tier we should be rewarded by fancy made swords or shields. Geti should love this! (more work in case of art ;3). Of course as Snake said, no boosting skills or damage, just how to player should look :D. Personally in KAG I love, LOVE emoticons :D THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY AWESOME <3 . So if sth get done in this case (swords, heads to unlock or shields), it would be very great for me and what I see for others too :).

Snake19 likes this.
  5. AJFaas

AJFaas Base Burner
    1. supr sekrit cln [skrt]

man that cat thingy you got is hilarious.

Snake19 likes this.
  6. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

Oh no...redstone wiring...oh no...there goes my life back into being consumed into pushing a game to its utter most limits with the wiring system...

Please tell me trap blocks can be opened and closed with these wires? Or that there will be "pressure plate" like switches that send signal when pressed by something touching them? These two things existing = I am gonna make a LOT of adventure maps where the player must complete tasks to open doors. Also if these exist I am going to probably created a Bison Engine, a randomizer based off the bison walking around on and off the button...the only reason I would create a randomizer like this is simply because in any game that allows for wiring like this I create a way too crazy random maze generator for the heck of it.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  7. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

It'd actually, in all honestly, be super cool if we could do stuff like that. Make multiplayer maps where the center of the map has a bison running over switches and it's encased in bedrock at the bottom of the map. The map creator could set up hallways that activate/deactivate based on the bison's movements. Could make for some very fun multiplayer matches with lots of unexpected twists and turns.

Oh, and if a block becomes solid while someone is inside it, they might instantly die. That'll be fun to play with.

[​IMG]

8. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Requires there to be invincible blocks, and wires in the game for usage.

9. Adrianza

Adrianza Shark Slayer
    1. Zen Laboratories

Yeah xD ::D:

10. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Bison Rider Staff Alumni Donator Tester

An idea for a "leveling" system i thought of is similar to tagpros. Every few wins you go up a level or degree as tagpro calls it. At certain degrees you unlock a flair that goes next to your name. However, instead of flairs, we could do heads and emotes. Every level requires more wins so you could do an emote every 5 and a head every 10 or so. Wins would only go towards leveling on official servers and other servers selected by kag to count.
    Problems i see with this:
    1) people not playing on non official or selected servers
    2)people win whoreing (switching teams last minute, vote to end last minute.)
    Positives i see:
    1)People actually trying to win. I feel like people would try harder to actually get the flag and not just minecraft in the back all match
    2)a sense of accomplishement. New players would be looking up to people level 50 and have something to strive for. People would congratulate you when you got a new degree and you'd feel good

Thats all i could really think of right now. (It was 2 at night when i thought of this) Tell me what you think other advantages/disadvantages are to this

blackjoker77777 and Psiklaw like this.
  11. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

Don't tempt me satan!

It would be cool to set up a timer loop where various spike traps are going in a timed fashion on TDM maps.

The wiring delays and whatnot will also probably allow for things such as timers, one thing I wanted to do but the game never allowed for in the past was set up a map with a meteor storm of boulders, if the mechanic functionalities allow for blocks that open and close this entirely becomes a reality.

12. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

Great idea man ;)

Snake19 likes this.
  13. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

I imagine that the whole thing is in need of balance if ever put into multiplayer, meaning that it will probably need a person operating it instead of "8 + 2 arrow traps and rapidly-activating spikes v 8".
    This would lead to different strategies, as where you need to make decisions upon division of labor.
    Do you always keep someone there, hoping to hit somewhere? Do knights pass by and just quickly activate it once? Does the dedicated-base-builder go up to the front when their knights and archers are pushed back?

14. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

My point was allowing trap maps be made for multiplayer, not allowing builders in multiplayer to make traps on-the-fly. People could make gimmick trap maps with spike corridors, disappearing walls, etc. Ideally the traps would be integrated smoothly and be a part of the level, unbreakable unless intended.

15. HappySheep

HappySheep Horde Gibber

Please @Geti ... ::P:

This is way too good to ignore it 25252525

Snake19 likes this.
  16. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Re: randomisation with animals - no need, skinney already has a simple randomisation mechanism.

Re: mechanisms in multiplayer - as some people have touched on, they'll very likely be added to the map loader so that pre-existing traps and arenas can exist (more interesting in TDM than CTF imo), but there may be a separate builder vs builder mechanism war type mode where you can build mechanisms by hand as well. They're not as "OP" as people seem to think, anything big and dangerous quickly becomes a maintenance nightmare, the shooting blocks require ammo, the spikes are tricky to time in big numbers, explosives can break wires quite easily (and the blocks themselves of course) and builders would need to be kept away from any traps to prevent them breaking stuff or "hacking" your trap by wiring in levers and letting them control it. It's not as simple as "builder spews out arrow blocks and wires a lever, sits there mashing E all day 25 25.

Re: levels - no way. We're not spending another year developing account-side levels just to attract even more of those kinds of players to the game. The single-player side of stuff will give completionists something to complete, and probably something to "collect" to show off in multiplayer, we don't need to waste time on facilitating dick-waving contests.

17. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

B-but I like doing things the unconventionally hard way! (But no really, ALL my yes! I will try to abuse this far more than even you as a dev may realize is possible.)

Geti why are you giving me so many reasons to get addicted to this game again, I haven't even upgraded my trashy PC to be able to handle even KAG yet halp!

The more you talk about these mechanics the more excited I get about trying them later, I am less focused on the building during a match and am simply excited to see how much I can abuse what you give me and see how far I can take it. I once tried to make an adventure map ages ago but only got so far before finding there was not much I could do with it that I wanted to, but now I will certainly at least try my hand at it again!

I am notorious for easily becoming an extremely good map maker when I play a game enough, so I gotta keep that image up, ysee?

18. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Will be interested to see particularly their use in TDM to prevent the map cycle from getting instantly stale - things like randomly turned on/off pathways on start will be a godsend for shaking things up. You can of course also "program" things like score counters for a game of bomb ball, and have the final point explode a keg or drop the floor out from under the enemy or something :)

19. Gaben is love, gaben is life.
    I imagine a head with millions of dollar waiting to be sold.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

franek123 likes this.
  20. HappySheep

HappySheep Horde Gibber

What about doing that big things like catapults, ballistas and ships to be repairable, but more expensive and weaker against hits and bombs? @Geti :eek: