1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Bring taunts from classic into beta

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Gurin, Nov 9, 2013.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

I have become urghed by the amount of times I say "move" in-game. I suggest bring back the taunts circle from classic. You may call me lazy, yes, but i strongly think this should be added. I have seen how people loved the way you said "I fart in your general direction" and other taunts, and just thought they were really trying to scare away their enemies.

I'm sure this would make lots of people more happy, to just touch the taunts key and it says "move" at that instance, such as classic.

What if you had a keg, wanted your team to get out of the way when you suicide run into the enemy lines. You wouldn't want to stop, type move, then run into the enemy lines, when you could jist touch the taunts key while you're still running into battle!

This would be more say, better and would probably make the new-comers feel more like an army of King Arthur!

---
    Suggestions? Good idea/Bad idea? Yes/No.?

swagbot, Gofio, Withror and 24 others like this.
  2. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

I agree, but without the annoying submenus please.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  3. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

I say have 2 submenus. One for commands like "Push Forward!" and "Retreat!" and then another submenu for insults for the other team. Commands should be in teamchat, so no one on the other team knows what you're saying. Insults/taunts should be so everyone on the server hears you call that filthy red's mother a hamster.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  4. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Yeah I wish the Taunts menu was back. What makes it even more odd is that in the controls menu there's still the option to rebind the key for Taunts even if they aren't in the game anymore.

J-man2003 and hierbo like this.
  5. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

I think I suggested this in another thread. But why not just copy the TF2 style taunt system. Its easy, simple, cover girl... I mean efficient. 25252525

6. ffsff

ffsff Haxor

I would have to say that I used this feature a great deal of times in alpha, making it one of the most useful parts in my imaginative book of KAG. Let's say that I wanted a knight shop, usually I would have to type it out (Call me lazy all you want... I know I am), but with this feature all I have to do is hold "v" and move my cursor to the top left part of the circle and it was said for me. So, after all of this is said, basically I would love to see these taunts brought back into the world of KAG.

P.S. If this is implemented, I would really like to see the part where if your cursor was over a teammate or enemy then it says something like... Jason: Your mother was a hamster!

7. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Those random taunts where it would say "Your mother was a hamster" and etc. They were the best.

J-man2003 likes this.
  8. I would love to see this implemented again too... The rekt :rekt: face isn't enough to tell your enemies they suck. You still gotta include that "Your father smelt of elderberrys".

J-man2003, BlueLuigi, hierbo and 2 others like this.
  9. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

So how do we get taunts back into the game?

hierbo, Auburn, kedram and 1 other person like this.
  10. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

well oodle, we do so by linking the devs into this thread, like so @Geti ::P: this one in particular i wish to see in the released kag, the one that replaced it is bad.

Auburn likes this.
  11. Solaris

Solaris Batlord Sliftensnurgh Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

I miss being able to kill scrubs while spamming "Bloody Peasant!" @Geti please bring this back.

J-man2003 likes this.
  12. golemn

golemn Shark Slayer

I agree. at the very least mapping 'MOVE' back to the v key would be nice, it was definitely helpful in classic, and should be more so nowadays with all the kegs around

blackjoker77777 likes this.
  13. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Also I don't see why this would add any negative effects to the game. It makes it funny with the taunting taunts and useful with the move (and maybe "go forward" wouldn't be bad to have either)

14. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Alternate Approach: look at the modding API and have a go at implementing it rather than all cheering "would be great" and then going back to idly browsing the internet. The key is exposed, the ConfigFile API is there if you want configuration, HUD rendering for custom menus is available as is the grid menus if you wanted an icon-oriented compact menu. We're not the only ones able to add stuff to the game, haven't been for ages.
    The fact that your go-to answer for any feature, particularly one as community-contingent as a quick-chat menu is "nag the devs" when we've got so much more to do (integrating TR changes into KAG, working on TR itself, helping w/ single-player/mechanisms and menus, endless bugfixing) is honestly a dire symptom of how self-insufficient this community can be. No offence.

J-man2003, BlueLuigi and kedram like this.
  15. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

Why is it our job to add to a game we have no idea how to change:potato:(your explanation of an alternate approach also completely confused me but thanks for calling me lazy:heart:)

J-man2003 and CodeRedAlert like this.
  16. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

@Geti Im sorry for that comment ;-;, i did write that a while ago and since then i have learned about how things are. I totally understand being burnt out on a game after working on it for years, and to be honest a simple emote is the least of our concerns :3.

17. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Didn't notice the big jump in dates, haha - as I said I really do mean no offence, it just makes me kinda sad that there's so much there that can be done by the community if they want it, but there's still endless request threads that peter off with "well, it'd be nice if it happened" rather than "can we move forward on this ourselves?" - we've accepted community fixes and contributions for a long time.

@Punk - "no idea how to change" - learn. Noone is born with knowledge of computers (afaik), it's not some innate, unchangeable property.

18. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

I have no use for the knowledge and I have no want to add to this game :smug:

CodeRedAlert likes this.
  19. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

It would be nice if someone did this (not the devs) if it's something that can be done that way, then added in a community thread.

I can't be assed to do it, because if I wanted to go that far I'd just make a VGS system, and well I can't do that. (need nonripped-from-other-recent-games voices, etc)

PUNK123 likes this.
  20. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I will so use my sexy hick voice for a VGS system!

hierbo and EhRa like this.
Mods: Rainbows