1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Lets think of a NEW game mode!

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by mcrifel, Feb 10, 2015.

?

Gamemode Yes or No

1. King Of The Hill - YES

39 vote(s)
    78.0%
  2. King Of The Hill - NO

11 vote(s)
    22.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Mods: Rainbows
  1. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Why not make a simple "Capture The Points" with shops of CTF (And not the shops of TTH)?
    Or simply: no shops, no builder, just war!

Its a bit be look like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmhcAkvHKj0
    (I speak especially of the points and the maps will not be necessarily the same)

The only thing I do not like in TTH, are the shops that gives a lot of things for free, and I find the system complicated, that's all that's scrolls and stuff. I understand nothing o_o

We need a new game mode, easy! and "capture the points" look nice! :)

Nothing to do with my previous idea, But where is this thing on KAG: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyyKgVAyuqM? XD
    Damn we need that !
    We miss you @VanHuek :(

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  2. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Yeah that already existed long time ago ( @nkChehov ) but it's most likely broken on this build.

Dead project from Viridi Militis.

Snake19 likes this.
  3. jarrydthysse

jarrydthysse Bison Rider
    1. Trueblue [TB]

Prop hunt ?

Darknighte9 likes this.
  4. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

Are you being serious?

Maybe as a mod but an actual gamemode like that wouldn't fit KAG's style at all. though TDM and Challenges don't really fit it either.

5. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

I think the point of this thread is for the community to get together to created a modded gamemode.

6. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

EhRa and kodysch like this.
  7. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

It's so close just put the touches on it.

8. jarrydthysse

jarrydthysse Bison Rider
    1. Trueblue [TB]

If something is fun its fun, whether it fits or not, plus its just a suggestion.
    I do remember a moded server where you had to build an extremely high tower to get to an island where the enemy flag was. You also had to protect the tower from being destroyed while managing to keep your higher than the other.

9. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

That was "Tower of Babel" mode, it was fun but really frustrating :>

10. jarrydthysse

jarrydthysse Bison Rider
    1. Trueblue [TB]

But it meant everything to you when you won :P

11. jackitch

jackitch :(){ :|: & };: Global Moderator Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

@Gurin
    IRL is super busy atm, but if someone wants to finish FFA, feel free to PM me and I'll send you everything in a zipped folder, including maps :D

Gurin likes this.
  12. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Overworld. :potato:

Alright here's a fairer response.

I'd like to see something similar to attack/defend if mechanisms make it to multiplayer where Blue team are attackers with knights/archers, and Red team are defenders with builders, archers, engineers(?), and knights. Building time should be somewhat short, maps somewhat long, tickets should be on. Blue team should be given areas where they can buy ammo(similar to TTH shop) that red team cannot enter, Red team should have to rely on their building and cunning, whereas Blue team has to rely on their numbers and tact.

The ideal ratio should be 5 Blue per 2 Red, making the ideal server capacity be 10 Blues 4 Reds (Perhaps 3 Reds).

----
    That said, in all seriousness this probably belonged in discussions as this seems to be more of gamemodes we'd like to see made in general, not 'by the devs' which is a huge gap that people seem to get in general when it comes to Suggestions & Ideas, you put thnigs here people think it's for the devs to make, which needn't be the case, but given how it's progressed it would do no harm to leave it in general discussions.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
    Noburu, blackjoker77777 and Gurin like this.
  13. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

I have a few ideas floating around in my head, one takes a page almost straight from Age of Empire's Protect the Wonder gamemode. I guess in a way it is a "protect the core" game mode.

Each team would have a very large castle object, generally static and in the background like one giant shop object, players must protect this castle from the other team's attacks (The enemies can throw bombs and slash and damage it in any way they want, but your team cannot touch it whatsoever to prevent grief), and after a certain amount of damage it collapses and the other team wins.

Your spawnpoint would probably be in an war-camp style encampment behind the castle (kinda like how the flags are infront of the CTF spawns), you can build here and put your shops here as you please, the area around the castle will be a no-build zone (which you can still walk through) to prevent players simply boxing in the area like they do with flags, but in front of the castle you can build still and fortify and generally create a defense for your fortress and a front line to get to theirs. With your spawnpoint behind the objective, spawncamping or respawn-frustration should be less of a problem than a game like TTH, but also the time taken to destroy the castle means matches are decided by strong damaging pushes more than one random person with a KEG rushing in and running off with the flag near the end like in CTF.

I feel this gamemode would be a bit more heavily based on building and destruction, resources and building in general should be easier to obtain to create larger defenses HOWEVER siege weapons should also be an easier grab (I am thinking the castle might drop Stone, Gold, and Wood at a more constant rate), so this means while a giant castle might be built in a matter of minutes it will be more likely for drill-wielding builders, ballistas, warships, catapults, bomb arrows, and KEGs to attack and destroy it. Oddly enough the removal of basic bombs I feel would be best, simply because not only does this allow more front-line builders to not fear explosive death, but also it gives more focus on destroying the forts and not bomb-jumping straight over them (relying more on archer infiltration). This would hopefully, if done correctly, result in the crazy construction people liked to see but without the extremely easy stalemates because it can be torn down easier than CTF/TTH to compensate for the bases being larger than in CTF/TTH.

Either way, bit long winded but this was just an idea that had floated around in my head for a while. It would probably be called Castle Siege mode or something.

tru0067, Noburu, J-man2003 and 2 others like this.
  14. jarrydthysse

jarrydthysse Bison Rider
    1. Trueblue [TB]

As soon as you mentioned Age of Empires I liked your idea already

BlueLuigi and Crabmaster like this.
  15. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

You know what I'd like to see? A tower defense mode. One side has a pre-constructed tower, and must defend it from the other side. At the top of the tower is the Tower's core, the main source of HP, and if it gets broken, game over. The tower has sections of HP cores, all connected to the main. You can take out each one and as a result it takes out sections of HP from the main core, or take out the main core directly which is harder, or by collapsing the tower from the bottom and taking out all of the cores at once.

Also to make it interesting, the defending side cannot change classes yet, and is stuck as an archer. The other side has a system where each time they die they respawn (when everyone else of their attacking side dies) stronger and faster but their class is chosen at random.

Each kill the defending side earns, earns them gold in which can be used to either buy a class change, or buy an NPC to fight for them. IE, knight, archer, builder, mage, etc, but they, themselves, the playable, defending characters cannot become a builder. They have a time limit to reach.

Also each time the attacking side respawns, it also spawns in a few NPC based on how many times they have respawned to increase the challenge. The defending side can also buy for themselves increased moving/attacking speed, hp, defense, jump height, attack reach/shield width, longer stunning, and faster hp regeneration via the gold they earn.

Also along with the enemy side getting stronger, they also include more gold each time they get killed, and a bonus of like 25 percent more gold is given to the defending side upon killing everyone before they all get to respawn.

16. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

Water Sabotage

There are X amount of water wells for both teams
    A contaminated water bucket spawns in the middle of the time (the amount depends on the amount of wells)
    You have to get close with the bucket and hold E for (example) a 10 second interval to get the well contaminated
    The team that got all their wells contaminated loses
    In case of the time running out, the team with lesser contaminated wells wins

(I totally didn't copied this from BF4 Obliteration gamemode)

J-man2003 likes this.
  17. Biurza

Biurza E X T R A T H I C C Staff Alumni Donator
    1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

What about DM? [Death Match]
    All vs All?
    I like it!... (for example Dm Knights only & Dm Archers only)

18. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I think someone already did this, I remember playing it, and it was pretty fun. (Not knight/archer only, but that's literally super easy to change on a per server basis)

19. Biurza

Biurza E X T R A T H I C C Staff Alumni Donator
    1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

Don't know... Anyway... I would like to play DM! ::):

20. Hospitalizer

Hospitalizer Shopkeep Stealer

I'd like to see a game mode where builders can only build in build phase 4 some fast paced ctf

8x likes this.
Mods: Rainbows