1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Archer Buff: Kicking Dirt

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Pixelated_Romantic, Feb 15, 2015.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

IRL? this game has a retarded bow that shoots 3 arrows at once and you wanna lecture us on irl components?

2. I don't think builders should get a stun attack as they are aren't mean to be going out and attacking knights and archers. This will cause builders to go and fight knights with a higher rate of succession (even to those experienced ones). builders should be counting on knights and archers for cover, not going out stunning and bouldering/drilling/spiking

3. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

>He doesn't know about Ancient bowmen shooting 3 shots at once.

(Nowhere near as accurately)

dual_chiecken likes this.
  4. Boea

Boea Such Beta

It's a bow, don't knock it until you nock it.

Dargona1018, BlueLuigi and Noburu like this.
  5. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

I find it funny how this thread was a suggestion for an Archer buff, but then people realized this buff is WAY more suited for Builder.

I do like the idea of Builders getting some kinda mini-stun attack, not an impressive one that would be useful in combat but instead one that works well for escape. I do not see this as a combat item like people are worried about but more of a defense item, the stun would run out before a Builder could get two-three axe hits onto a Knight and then they would be right in the face of a Knight ready to murder them.

The reason I like this however is it encourages forward-moving Builders! Most of Beta to now has bee plagued by Builders being too fearful of going onto the frontlines even with company because even if they DID run away from the Knights running towards them the Knights have always been faster and thus there is no escape and they die (Arrows are still a problem, but those are generally easy enough to dodge while running). Giving them a way to stun said Knights allows them to at least survive and not lose your team a whole bunch of resources that were meant for forward towers.

blackjoker77777 and kodysch like this.
  6. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

I've seen people shoot 3 arrows before.

7. CodeRedAlert

CodeRedAlert Arsonist Tester

How does cold water randomly blasted into someone's face not able to get a reaction?

8. DragonShark

DragonShark The one post after the other. Donator

I just wanted to post about a close range archer knife but I found this thread. Yes, it's very annoying as an archer to get killed by a knight in 1 slash. So if you're close just kick em in the nuts and stun then for a little. That would really balance knight and archer more.

Chukka, BlueLuigi and Anonymuse like this.
  9. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

I can't tell if you're serious or not @DragonShark, but either way I still laughed.

DragonShark likes this.
  10. DragonShark

I was being serious but in a comedic way.

11. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

So you were serious about a close range archer knife? I find that hard to believe if you joined in 2013 (or has it really been that long?).

12. DragonShark

No I do not mean that archer is the new close range class. It can only be a little buff for archer if he's in trouble.

13. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Just use a fully charged arrow to stun them... Often you can combo that with a half-shot to do up to 2 hearts easy.

14. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

I was referring to the fact that archers did have a close range knife for a short time, and it was removed due to being retarded.

EhRa and Dargona1018 like this.
  15. DragonShark

I didn't know yet.

16. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

CRC archer buffs are bullshit, you're trying to make classes balanced by pretty much giving them the same features.
    Archer is more of a mid-range class now, that is, he fires arrows at a range of thrown bombs (which even sounds retarded), if I were to buff archer, I would just increase the velocity of arrows and thus the range.

17. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

Maybe by about 1.5* what it is right now, since bombs have to be bought for a good price and fill their inventory more than arrows.

Speaking of being bought, why don't they give archers infinite regular arrows and replace the arrows in the shop with something else? It's only balanced, it's like saying a knight has to go get another sword once theirs becomes dull, and it costs coins, and that would be pointless like having limited archer arrows is.

I think it would make sense to either have a team-support arrow that created a rope-ladder type thing, or arrows pierce through players and a few layers of blocks.

18. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Actually, limited arrows are the only thing that keeps Archers slightly balanced.
    I used to spam a bunch of half-shots down at people and do some damage. If there were infinite arrows, that'd be the new meta: Builder makes an overhang, half-shots are rained from above, and only knights can get past.

Also, there is a lot of skill involved in arrow management, and it is also an interesting game mechanics that limits archers but also brings in lots of good strategies and plays.

SirDangalang, J-man2003 and Anonymuse like this.
  19. Hospitalizer

Hospitalizer Shopkeep Stealer

I'd like to see archers able to pick up teammates and fireman's carry them over towers with ther grapple

Dargona1018 likes this.
  20. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

Well, then at least give a reload counter, like archers start out with 30 arrows and if they have less than that, then more arrows will slowly regenerate back to 30. But it's annoying that (even though I don't play archer usually) there are only 3 special items that archers have while knights have 4 from their store, and that it doesn't make sense to have a limited primary unlike knights; (don't bring builders into this, they're a support class not combat a class) in which you have to use coins in order to buy them, now does it? If anything that's more unbalanced, and I see where your coming from but it just doesn't work right now in terms of the game's balance.

Back to only having 3 things in their store, wouldn't it be just slightly more balanced if archers had 4 special items like knights with their arsenal of bombs, water bombs, mines, and kegs? I don't really want to try and think up any specific type of arrow, but it should probably help in combat, combat support, or destruction.

Mods: Rainbows