1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

AsuMagic's blog

Discussion in 'Groups' started by Asu, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Welcome to my blog. You're indeed free to discuss about my blog posts and stuff.

AsuMagic's posts
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 1, 2015, Original Post Date: Feb 1, 2015 ---
    I've submitted a new resource. It's a CTF map, designed to look like a tiger. Go give a look if you're interested! Feel free to use it for anything.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  2. Couldn't make it out at first, but now I see it. Creative.

3. Asu

I've started making a tileset (for fun, nothing serious) in pixel art, just to see a bit how did i progress since the first time i ever did. And yeah... That's like 1000x better than what i was doing earlier in PA. If you saw my first attempt at making one, your eyes would be crying til your death, ahah. Here's a real use of it in "real" conditions :
    [​IMG]

I'm quite proud of the grass actually xD. I think it looks pretty detailed. It's all made out of 16x16 tiles (but the background and the sun obviously).
    To produce the outline effect, I copied the terrain into another layer, setted its lighting to 0 (so it became completly dark), and copied it into 4 directions (top / right / bottom / left)
    I've used the DB32 palette for the whole thing.

Yet, there aren't tile alternatives (1 tile doesn't have multiple aspects), I'll plan to do some (2/3 per block) tho.

I'll continue expanding it for a bit and I'll release it under public domain. As I said, it's just for fun, so I don't care about how it's used.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 22, 2015, Original Post Date: Feb 22, 2015 ---
    Oh, also. Pigeonzilla.
    [​IMG]
    I've done that about a week ago for an arts homework (The theme is "Big, even bigger". No, my teacher isn't a philosophy teacher.)

I've used the DB32 palette on this one too. I love how this palette manages to look awesome for shitloads of different styles.
    The windows lights looks a bit crappy though (someone told me it looked like tetris ahah).
    I've done some lighting experiments on it. I'm quite happy of how it looks. I'm using horizontal lines for some stuff (water reflect, clouds, thunder).

4. Ha, nice pidgeon! Love the lighting and artstyle.

5. Asu

Thanks!

Here's a new prof pic for me. Gotta improve the sky and add various details but I'm quite proud of it for now (Mostly about experimenting lighting 'n' stuff).
    fini.png
    Here are the various steps I've used (I've modified shapes and stuff from a step to another too)
    skel.png colattempt.png enviro.png fini.png
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 22, 2015, Original Post Date: Mar 18, 2015 ---
    Meh, forgot to update it a bit...

Two new maps for the Sopranos' necromancer server (The first is on since the server release and the second was made yesterday) :
    [​IMG] - [​IMG]
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 24, 2015 ---
    Another necromancer map!
    [​IMG]
    I've worked on making dungeons slightly easier (shorter, less traps, and more ammo in the storage room (watch the map above), etc.) and the whole game funnier. This map aims on making builders way more important (buildings are really useful not to say necessary in order to win, principally the boat shop is extremely useful), meanwhile it keeps fun for the necromancer that can watch people suffer from his sadistic wraithes.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015