1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

So KAG is underated?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by J-man2003, Feb 21, 2015.

?

Do you think KAG is underated?

Poll closed Feb 21, 2017.
  1. Yes

57.1%
  2. No

18.4%
  3. I don't know

7.1%
  4. I don't care

17.3%
  1. Corpsey

Corpsey Haxor

What I find funny about this is that there are negative reviews saying the last couple patches catered to a less pro play style..

2. Boea

Boea Such Beta

What pros? The pros came in around CTF.

3. Corpsey

Corpsey Haxor

I have no idea... I don't know anything about competitive play in this game. I just find it funny that people argue that both, the game caters to noobs AND the game caters to pros.

4. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Honestly, game's too fast to notice the difference.

Chrispin likes this.
  5. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

That, in a way, would also be "listening to the community", not their words but the facts and their actions. If modded servers were not marked as blue ppl would be less scared of joining a non normal server.

Most of the mods we've played are real fun for some while, and a good alternative, but they only get to be played for a week or so.

Chrispin likes this.
  6. SirPowningham

SirPowningham Catapult Fodder

Most of the hate against kag on steam comes from the shitty, hostile, and ignorant community Kag has.

Deny it all you want.

Psiklaw and 8x like this.
  7. SlashyX99

SlashyX99 Catapult Fodder

Yes, I think it is underated, I mean, I know that It has players, but It deserves more. This game is one of the best games ever and I am not kidding. It has great phyisics and it is very logic. I love how you can do everything with SIMPLE mechanics.. I mean. Look, there's 1 tree. You can cut it, you can hide in it, you can climb it, you can do a lot from it, and the list goes on. Other games don't have things like this, however, kag is not as popular as they are....

8. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

*cough hard*

Fun CTF? Yeah, I'm the only survivor even though I barely did something to the mod. But if you wish me to host it again, throwing a few bucks per month may allow me to get a decent VPS to host it properly.

IMO the current mods are more about quantity of features than about their quality. I mean, I'm not obviously talking about how good it's looking, but about how well it's working behind the scenes. i.e. well optimized or not. Also, the "fun time" is really about how well-thought the mod is. If you have shitloads of contents with bad ideas, it will be fun a half hour, if you have some content with great-epic-awesome ideas, it will be fun all time, and that's why I'm sticking with KAG for so many time, even though I'm raging a lot on it. c:

9. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

@AsuMagic has a point.

Too many KAG mods so far are about adding loads of features instead of trying to balance a few simple additions that would take the game to the next level. The only really well-balanced (or approaching this) mods I know of are shiprekt and that necro mod. The necro mod is good, but it needs a few tweaks to make it a bit better.

FuzzyBlueBaron, makmoud98 and Asu like this.
  10. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

We should use this paragraph next time somebody shouts game mechanics are not balanced :D

There's some cool simple mods out there. Taking first Shiprekt - a free new game mod taken further by notable community members-, then go check Hallic's Arcade CTF or Iko's Adventure CTF... There's plenty of sprites to toy with as well, and some modes to take as a starting point for modders as Bunnyfection

11. Corpsey

Corpsey Haxor

I kind of miss bunnyfection tbh, when I log in that's the first game mode I check to see if people are in. Rounds are timed so you know you're not going to build a castle, keg an entire other castle, and then get teamswapped and "lose".

ThE_HeRo likes this.
  12. AJFaas

AJFaas Base Burner
    1. supr sekrit cln [skrt]

Im hating on kag all the time for all its flaws and annoying bugs. But its the main game i play... So theres that atleast.
    I think: a great concept ruined by bad programming, and design decisions. But not sure about that.
    NOT underrated tho. no sir.

blackjoker77777 and Snake19 like this.
  13. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

At the beginning yes, but now, the Update is improving day by day :)

blackjoker77777 likes this.
  14. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Fuzzle is improving day by day :) The others don't give a shit it seems about bugs.

Snake19 likes this.
  15. RogueCupcake

RogueCupcake Haxor Official Server Admin

I have come into this conversation late and I don't know what other people have said but I think that KAG is definitely underrated!

16. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

@Fuzzle has done a lot of work lately, but @makmoud98 did a great job on the ballista and catapults!
    it is more fun to play :)

Also the next update of @Skinney and @Rayne look very interesting ! :)

blackjoker77777 likes this.
  17. AJFaas

AJFaas Base Burner
    1. supr sekrit cln [skrt]

i agree. i cant say anything bad about the latest update. Anyway... Did fuzzle get hired by geti or something?

18. rymcd

rymcd Bison Rider Staff Alumni Tester

Underrated for sure, I can see why though.
    Its really hard to learn without having some bad times first.
    I think it's pretty hard for someone to enjoy the game without knowing about current meta.
    There's also plenty of cranky people to bump into and save the princess doesn't save you from your first 10-15 pub matches.

I think we will get past that one day with small updates. I'm sure there's plenty of ways to fix the problem in time.
    For now people should just try to relax more in public matches, don't take the game to serious. Try not to lose your shit over how other people play. It honestly makes more sense to put your energy into finding alternative ways to have fun in KAG. ;) <3

Verzuvius and Sky_Captain_Bjorn like this.
  19. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

What is the current meta? .-.

20. rymcd

rymcd Bison Rider Staff Alumni Tester

I'm not sure if you're trolling me because that's kinda like asking me to make you a guide in a post right here right now lol.

I'm not going to do that due to the large amount of meta in KAG. Even if I tried it would result in debates about what meta I'm right about and that's not even related to this thread at all.:potato: