1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[FIX] Cracking down on the "accidental speedhacking"

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Catakus, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Catakus

Catakus KAG Guard Tester

Since there seems to be an issue with certain hardware causing players to unintentionally speedhack, I propose the following:
    First, this will only work if there is some way in which an admin can leave a message to people they ban (like when they try to log in, they get a message as to why they were banned). If they can, simply ban said people, and leave a message for them asking they come to the forum and post their hardware build. Once done, they are unbanned.

These players have an unfair advantage whether it is intentional or not, and I feel this would help find the common thread between all these players if they are forced to provide the information.

While it's a problem, it's not widespread enough that this will severely cut down the playerbase. And it's probably best this issue is taken care of before the community gets too big, otherwise this may become a much bigger problem.

Playing against one right now, it's impossible to beat him in a 1v1. While I'm charging a knight swing, he magically appears behind me and I'm dead. This needs to be fixed asap, it's kinda game breaking.

2. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

So - I've been talking with MM about it few weeks ago. It's due to some old "Chinese shit" CPUs which clocks doesn't work as they should. Timestamps are altered and thus someone moves faster. Anyway, just spread the word in game - tell people with that bug (if it's not cheat) to post on forums so we could fix it for them. Also - if they were really having a bug - they would (after getting banned for few months from KAG2D) come to forum and whine. So far I didn't see any complain about it (oh well maybe not recently), for being wrongfully banned.

3. Miczu

Miczu Shopkeep Stealer

Heard something similar in other games... If i remember correctly it's related to some AMD processors ( google say's something about AMD athlon X2 with similar problems in Counter Strike).

There is also fix made by AMD.

4. Meler

Meler Shipwright

Hello, I have problem with to fast moving in game. It's not depend from me, I don't use any hacks. Here are parameters of my cp:
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual
    Windows XP
    NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT
    Greet Meler.

5. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

6. Miczu

Miczu Shopkeep Stealer

Looks like I remembered correctly, as Meler confirms that this bug is related to AMD X2 processors.

7. leopard_knot

leopard_knot Shipwright

It worked!!!!

8. nginferno

nginferno Shipwright

well, i AM using amd, so...
    And it also screwed my counterstrike xD

9. theidcannotbeuse

theidcannotbeuse Shipwright

Well, Thanks to this i know im not the only one that walks/runs at super speeds in any online game, ill try to fix it (since im just a 12 year old it might take a few days) but at least i can fix it right?

10. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Google AMD Speedhack Fix for a patch to your processor.
    We need a FAQ for these things...