1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[TR] Demo is Live!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Geti, Apr 28, 2015.

Mods: 101i, Mazey
  1. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Online multiplayer would really help with determining how to balance the classes. I can't wait to test out that medic class too!

2. I'm sure multiplayer was a priority to begin with. No need to bug them about it. Give feedback on what is available now.

BlueLuigi and Potatobird like this.
  3. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Haha it was more of a "give us multiplayer soon plox" kind of hint

4. kittycity

kittycity Haxor

When I first heard of it I thought it would be like kag but zoomed out and more jumpy and always tdm~ but instead its kinda like towerfall ascension and hotline miami (in the sense of the fighting that is) and I think by far this is the best feature, il take wavy golden locks anytime!
    [​IMG]

Potatobird and Anonymuse like this.
  5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Thanks for the feedback so far! Glad to see people enjoying the game.

Just a few things to note:

Re: "please multiplayer" - the focus of this demo is local multiplayer. Intended for play with friends IRL, on your couch or if need be huddled around a keyboard. We're well aware the majority of PC gamers prefer online multi but that's not what's on show here, and not what the skirmish mode was designed for.

Re: class balance comments - the current layout of classes has been tested pretty extensively with about fifty people over the last week, and tens of people before that. Commenting on balance after testing with bots is not useful feedback to us. Play with people. The only balance changes we're really considering at the moment are a longer recycle time on the sniper, mild steering tweaks on the engineer rocket, and potentially a tiny delay on the commando flashbang. We'll probably need more tweaks with the addition of campaign mode and another class of course, but there's been an unfortunate majority of feedback vs bots so far.

6. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

:rektlord: gah Verz remove that pessimist jacket you've got... KAG has been developed for around 4 yearsand they're still working on it. Ask Skinney :wink:

TBA_LordKnight likes this.
  7. TheAverageMan

TheAverageMan Shark Slayer
    1. DUCKS - We Love DUCKS

Any plans to add line of sight to make use of things such as hiding behind crates and in bushes? Or would that change the game too drastically for what you are shooting for?

Also, would love to play on bigger maps with the camera zoomed in x2 (then there could be a juicy BG parallax) -possibly would even prefer that to line of sight since not being able to see all the other players at once would add a little bit more surprise to the game. However, not a huuuge fan of the feel for the grenade aiming. My biggest gripe though, is that I can't use your 1 button controller.

Really loving it overall, the movement mechanics feel so perfect.

(whoever did the music nailed it)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
    FuzzyBlueBaron and trainchaser like this.
  8. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Ask Skinney? Nah, ask Fuzzle! <3

9. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Oh, I forgot - Re: "Aaaah kag is dead now" - you guys realise we've been working on TR for quite a while now? And there've still been KAG updates? Don't worry so much :^)

We actually have a simple line of sight (soldat-like, if you're familiar) implementation in there but we're only likely to try it again in the campaign mode - it doesn't make sense in skirmish when you're all on the same screen, and honestly it might make the game a little too serious. Using the bushes as visual cover works very well with "real" players though, haha.
    I'll pass on your praise to the musician.
    Thanks for the cheer overall, we look forward to bringing you more of course!

10. stabborazz

stabborazz Haxor Staff Alumni

I really hope you guys keep working on this game ! Its alot of fun and has alot of potential to be a funny/humoristic but still skill needed game. I already have quite a few play hours I think, and that alone on the demo.
    Maybe a Gamemode where all characters are drunk so its harder to controll and you need to smash each others head with a bottle :D
    Just saying some random idea.

11. MadRaccoon

MadRaccoon Haxor

Super mega amazing great demo, but what gave me more hype were the files I found :rekt:
    IMG_2413.PNG A crocodile
    IMG_2414.PNG IMG_2412.PNG BOOZE
    IMG_2424.PNG a machine gun
    IMG_2423.PNG some sort of explosive device
    as well as dinamite, smoke grenade, sand bags, zipline and lasers...

12. stabborazz

stabborazz Haxor Staff Alumni

13. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

Pretty sweet demo. All the classes are fun in their own unique way. Interested in what the other class is going to be though!

14. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

your face when on the website, it advertises 32 player multiplayer. sounds familiar eh?

15. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

MFW Shagsworth

16. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

medic

RampageX and Lawrence_Shagsworth like this.
  17. I actually enjoy the grenade/sniper aiming mechanics. It actually takes time to aim instead of spamming them everywhere.

stabborazz and Potatobird like this.
  18. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Yes. I much prefer knowing that everyone has the same controls, and after a bit it actually gets kind of comfortable to aim. I think they handled aiming with buttons really well.

stabborazz likes this.
  19. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

I totally called a sentry gun for engineer. *tips plethora of TF2 hats*

20. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

He can do that, press the crate button and the missile will continue on in a straight path.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 29, 2015, Original Post Date: Apr 29, 2015 ---
    AND STAY DOWN

It's like spikedropping all over again

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
Mods: 101i, Mazey