1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Super Smash Bros. General

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Hawxx, Jul 31, 2014.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

I'd Actually want online smash run on wii u where all of you are actually on the same map and can fight each other (basically I want the full city trial experience, because that was the shit in kirby air ride)

NinjaCell likes this.
  2. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

That's what I thought when I first heard about Smash Run. The Devil's Pact would be so funny.
    Warlock Punches at mach 5.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 27, 2015, Original Post Date: Apr 27, 2015 ---
    We also need Alpha (Battlefield) and Delta (Smashville) stages on For Glory. I can't take just FD.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 29, 2015 ---
    It's time.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6un7p9CNcYY

3. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Can't wait to see some proper Project M Minus action, apparently it's going to get streamed at TourneyLocator soon.

4. Kububv

Kububv Drill Rusher
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Dank/10 memes in this video.

5. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Bison Rider Staff Alumni Donator Tester

Anyone here play Melee on netplay?

6. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

I do PM, I couldn't get Melee to work.

7. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Alright on the 14th of June we all know that Lucas will be out and apparently we're getting a Smash Bros. Direct on the 14th as well.... The fucking hype man, it never stops, never. Ryu or Roy announcement? Ballot updates? Game modes? So many possibilities holy shit.

8. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

ROY'S OUR BOY!

Hawxx likes this.
  9. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

Snake is probably the most fun character I play on Project M, except maybe Ganon/GnW.

10. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Well then, as you know there is a 20 min smash bros direct tomorrow.... Hype as fuck, really excited.... Then FUCKING BOOM OUT OF NOWHERE THE UPDATE IS RELEASED TODAY IN JAPAN, a dataminer gets it.... You know what happens next right? This fucking happens... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmo6rFJDFsA&feature=youtu.be and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8Jjz-V8jE4&feature=youtu.be

Honestly, I would have much preferred it to be shown to me tomorrow, but leaks are leaks and IM STILL FUCKING HYPED! Also Dreamland 64 stage for Wii u and 3DS confirmed too.

11. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

This almost makes me want to get a Wii U, but I could never get into Sm4sh.

12. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Some guy is streaming gameplay of Ryu, Roy and Lucas at www.twitch.tv/crediar!
    Ryu has two final smashes! Shinku Hadouken at long range and Shin Shoryuken at close range!

Dreamland 64 doesn't have massive blastzones and is modeled after the 64 version rather than the Melee one!

Ryu has a unique mechanic based on his SF inputs, so far confirmed move is an alternate Hadouken which is red and a multihit move, executed by doing a specific button input, his up-b, neutral-b and side-b have slightly stronger variations if executed with the the original inputs. Also has "weak" tilts and "strong" tilts, "weak" tilts are done by tapping the A button while "strong" ones are done by holding the A button for a bit, "strong" d-tilt can actually cancel into any special even if shielded, this is what you see in the video above. Focus Attack which is his down-b can be charged and how long you charge it will depend on how long it stuns the opponent, it can also be reversed and has a one hit super armour, it can be cancelled while it's charging or during the punch by pressing left, left or right, right.

Roy is confirmed to have been "luigified"! He is no longer a full clone! Roy has Ike's dair, has slightly shorter range than marth, up-smash is the same but is a multihit move with an explosion, fast running speed and is heavy, neutral b kills at 0% fully charged and does 50%, final smash has GBA sound effects and doesn't ohkos like L/arth, HAS T3H PH1R3, fair has less lag, most of his moves have different animations, not that good of a recovery, still has the middle tipper, and more.

Ryu's hitting SFX are from SFII

Ryu has top-tier taunts like "Talk is cheap."

Edit: Some more Roy stuff, his Fsmash is like Link's Fsmash's first swing and his ftilt is unique, his throws also have weaker knockback which means combooos.

Edit2: More Ryu stuff above.

There's just so much shit, I am so fucking hyped and the thing is I will most likely only buy one character tomorrow (if both of them will be available)... WHICH ONE WILL I BUY?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
    Anonymuse likes this.
  13. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Well, the official announcement is out, and already available for download (curse my small wallet)

Hawxx likes this.
  14. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

>MFW I HAVE NO MONEY
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 14, 2015, Original Post Date: Jun 14, 2015 ---
    Had the choice between Lucas and Roy, bought Roy.

First Impressions: HE'S OUR BOY

15. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Actually hit someone with Roy's fully charged neutral-b on For Glory. It was beautiful.

Hawxx likes this.
  16. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Bison Rider Staff Alumni Donator Tester

Hawxx likes this.
  17. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

I played Brawlhalla for like a few days straight, it looks very similar to Smash on the surface but it's nothing like it, it's in fact very different, it's still fun but plays nothing like Smash. Like you said the only thing it has is a "Smash Bros vibe" and some of the basics like knock them out of the stage etc but other from that it plays very differently. Rivals of Aether on the other hand is pretty much 2D Smash Bros, can't wait to play it, looks very fun with all the unique characters.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  18. can anyone tell me that mario game with bots theres like 16 bots and 1 player or whatever

19. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Holy FUCKING shit, Evo 2015, Melee top 8 was fucking weird as hell. Not gonna spoil anything but holy shit the upsets and just the weird outcomes of this tournament, man, that was crazy.

BlueLuigi, sangfroid and CowboyDan like this.
  20. ManGOAT more like SD goat amirite

Leffen confirmed Fraudo

Hawxx likes this.
Mods: BlueLuigi