1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Trench Run Demo Feedback

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by TheDirtySwine, Apr 28, 2015.

?

What is your favorite class?

1. Assault

10 vote(s)
    22.7%
  2. Sniper

15 vote(s)
    34.1%
  3. Engineer

12 vote(s)
    27.3%
  4. Commando

7 vote(s)
    15.9%
Mods: 101i, Mazey
  1. TBA_LordKnight

TBA_LordKnight Bison Rider

I think the sentry would look like something on this page: https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/first-trench-run-fan-art.22654/page-3

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    I played the demo, it was loads of fun and didn't get too old after many games. My favorite class would be sniper, I like hiding on top of a high structure sniping the bots jumping around.:thumbs_up:
    I thought it'd be cool for a new game mode too. *COUGH* DEFEND THE TOWER IN THE LINK *COUGH COUGH*

Anonymuse likes this.
  2. PussyDestroyer

PussyDestroyer Bison Rider

3. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Well, a sentry gun is an area denial tool, it creates a zone where the enemy can't get past. Crates already do this, and are more versatile. I don't think a sentry would make the class more interesting.

4. GreyHCK

GreyHCK Shark Slayer

but you can make a sentry that can't aim everywhere (just left or right) that has a little life and also disappears when it rans out of ammo

5. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

It would make much more sense in CTF, if you could hide it inside a fort of crates!

6. TBA_LordKnight

The sentry could come in handy in certain situations and not in others just like the crates, I'd like to see a load out system for this.

7. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

Woah, is this supposed to be a mega thread for suggestions?

Well that's how I'm going to treat it.

I had some ideas for game-modes and maybe classes/mechanics

(GM)Team-Strike: Maps would be 3-4 times larger than the skirmish ones and there would be no teleporting from side-to-side. Teams of 2-4 would spawn on both sides of the map and kill each-other until there is one team standing, then a new round would start (20 rounds per match). If a team is the last standing they gain a point, first to 11 points wins. Sudden death will activate if both teams reach 10.

Shotgun class: A class that has a shotgun as their Z ability and a Molotov cocktail as their X ability. Shotgun aims like assault's gun except they can shoot in 8 compass directions when crouching or jumping. and the Molotov like the assault's grenade but it has less velocity. The Molotov will spray fire in a radius that does rapid damage on contact, fire disappears within 5 seconds.

I think sniper's current X ability should be changed to mines.

Well that's it, no serious ideas just some stuff that I thought would be good for the game since it's still in development.

Last edited: May 4, 2015
    TBA_LordKnight likes this.
  8. TBA_LordKnight

J-man2003 likes this.
  9. I disagree with the sniper change you suggested.

Also, a shotgun class is completely unnecessary. We are already promised 5 unique and interesting classes. Shotgun sounds too much like assault and I don't think it would add to the game aside from forcing more work upon the devs.

While I'm sure they read the suggestions, they are busy implementing and testing what they already promised us (multiplayer, medic, etc).

CowboyDan likes this.
  10. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

I was just throwing ideas out there, the game is still in development and most ideas are probably helpful.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 4, 2015, Original Post Date: May 4, 2015 ---
    Thanks! I thought everyone would hate it since they hated my KAG suggestions a while back when I was still new!

That's not really how I envisioned the shotgun, more like a lever action-an old looking shotgun.

11. TBA_LordKnight

Oh yeah? You think he'll have a lever action? OH YEAH? okay ::):

12. Reincarnation

Reincarnation Shark Slayer

Awesome game 10/10 would bang again, but I would like to see an array of customization that rivals that of KAG. Let us be able to have some nice ass armors or customizable guns for each class or maybe different taunts(wanna see them dancing), how about special explosions.Just tossing out ideas. Can't wait for trench warfare!

13. TheWhiteKnight

TheWhiteKnight Ballista Bolt Thrower

Played demo for about 2 hours and I must say this is very fun and the classes seem fairly balanced so yea good job THD
    my fav class is engineer I like to rain down artillery on those pesky lil commandos and watch them fly
    couldn't help but notice some minor bugs like if ur crawling and enemy is crawling and round ends enemy will die but u can still move around?
    Maybe add sort of mini achievements at the end of each game like in towerfall where different players are awarded 'most trigger happy' or 'most accurate'
    Also noticed that to my surprise the enemy did not explode into a shower of gibs when I direct hit him with a rocket. (I know that this is to give player second chance to find health pack but maybe something to think about?)

Overall 8.8/10
    Has a lot of potential and is very fun and addictive to play yet again good job THD
    (EDIT) oh yea and some customization would be great

14. Er... I think I've hit double figures playing engineer... and yet I've not uncovered the secret art of acquiring extra crates. Care to elaborate?
    This is the only this stopping me from having my swag/10, flying engineer.

15. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Just place a crate on top, then place again to remove them :) you'll collect both.
    [​IMG]

16. Ah! I'd thought that destroyed them completely. Cheers.

Is putting them in ammo boxes an option? Or would that un-balance the classes too much?

17. JiggaJacks

JiggaJacks Builder Stabber

This game was awesome, but i have a few class ideas.
    1. Infiltrator. This would be a class for getting into the enemy base in game modes such as ctf. primary- pistol, secondary- i cant decide whether he turns invisible or disguises like the Sniper class.
    2. Glider. This class would be able to fly for a short amount of time while raining hell from above but i cant decide what his primary would be. :/ secondary would be jump and press X to start hovering/gliding.

18. It's a thing.

19. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

It should say +crates or something probably to make it clear but it might kinda spam the screen.

I think they get refilled by ammo boxes? If they don't its a bug, will go check that out.

20. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I'm pretty sure they don't. And yeah, it's probably a good thing it doesn't say +crates every time you collect crates because I spam it so hard when I'm panicking and accidentally break my own wall like 4 times

blackjoker77777 and J-man2003 like this.
Mods: 101i, Mazey