1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Ridiculous FPS drop

Discussion in 'Help' started by golemn, May 9, 2015.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. golemn

golemn Shark Slayer

Hey guys, for the last month or two I've been dealing with a really low FPS (to a nearly unplayable level) pretty much whenever I play, especially when there's lots of people on. I've set all the video settings to minimal, and tried it on a tiny resolution, but nothing seems to help much. My laptop's not the fanciest machine ever, but it can usually run Planetside 2 fine, so i'd think it could run kag alright.
    Does anyone know any possible fixes, or settings i could change that would help?

2. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Can you print out the specs? Especially the processor, the GPU and the RAM.

blackjoker77777 likes this.
  3. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Perhaps somehow you're running the game with your default Graphics card instead with your GPU? I've experienced a similar problem in the past and sometimes that was the key.
    Have you got any problems with your AC adaptor? If power supply does not work 100% your laptop might run at half it's processing power, and KAG eats a lot of CPU.

blackjoker77777 likes this.
  4. golemn

golemn Shark Slayer

It's a windows 8.1 notebook; the processor's an Intel core (i3-3217u, 1.8Ghz), i've got 4GB of ram, and just under 3.9 usable. Not sure where to find the specs for the GPU, they don't seem to be listed.
    How can I check that?
    I don't think so, I haven't had any other problems with electronic or processing power.

5. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

You're most likely running on an integrated GPU (i.e. a not too good GPU put into your CPU). Try updating your graphics drivers.

6. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I don't know how it would be in W8, in Win7 you right click on the Exe and the menu has a line that says "Run with graphics processor...", after which you can select your GPU or the integrated graphics.

7. Psiklaw

Psiklaw Bison Rider

My laptop is a little bit better than yours, i7 at 2.6 ghz same ram and intel hd4000 ivybridge integrated crap card, when I enter a server with 20+ people the fps tend to drop every few seconds when I play for some time, which in combination with the lag makes some matches unplayable.

Sometimes it works better, sometimes worse. What I do suggest is playing in smaller servers if they work better for you, or checking your gpu drivers. Also I assume there's no stupid program taking up cpu attention or ram ?

8. golemn

golemn Shark Slayer

I've tried most of these, nothing seems to fix it, i guess ill just have to stick to low pop servers :/ thanks for all the help and support though guys, i really appreciate it!

Psiklaw likes this.
Mods: makmoud98, Mazey