1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Bw 1v1 Archer Tournament (eu)

Discussion in 'Old Events/Giveaways/Contests' started by daskew87, Dec 3, 2014.

?

So who's going to win?

Poll closed Jun 22, 2015.
  1. Blue Tiger

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  2. Elowan

12 vote(s)
    52.2%
  3. Franek

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  4. Demosito

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  1. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

1v1 me

o w8

Lol, these sound effects.

daskew87 likes this.
  2. JaytleBee

JaytleBee Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. [Server] Sandbox Reborn

NinjaCell, daskew87 and Blue_Tiger like this.
  3. daskew87

daskew87 Legendary corpse humper Donator

!!!Match Scheduled

This one is more confirmed ::P:

..EXPLOSIVE MATCH SUNDAY

Explosion.jpg

@franek123 (the joker) vs @JaytleBee (the slick customer)

991.png 56ac69cda6244626c23e1330d8ff4997.png

::D:

highlightingmatches.png

Time: 8pm GMT +1, 9pm CET
    Server name: Archer Tournament eu
    Server password: bowandarrow

WHO'S GONNA MAKE IT TO THE FINAL 4?!

Last edited: May 3, 2015
    Blue_Tiger and JaytleBee like this.
  4. blackjoker77777

blackjoker77777 Haxor Tester
    1. Zen Laboratories

hey you'd better edit that if you don't want to be in trouble. I am the only joker in KAG.
    blackjoker77777©2015

5. daskew87

!!!Match time change

The scheduled match for today is now at ->
    (Server name: Archer tournament eu
    Password: bowandarrow)

Last edited: May 3, 2015
    8x likes this.
  6. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Missed it cause I had to do an ebay that I didnt even win :(

7. Bint

Bint Haxor

Were you bidding on a face?

8. daskew87

:red:Knockout: Quarter-finals (results update)

As you know it was @franek123 vs @JaytleBee

highlightingmatches.png

There was a bit of an audience for this one, which always adds a nice high-stakes atmosphere.

Franek had won his first knockout match 11:1 against SAcptm. And Jay beat Fernegulus 11:4 in his first knockout. What an interesting proposal to see who would win this encounter - and make it to the last ELITE 4 players.

:wink:FULL MATCH

(part 1)

(part 2)
    [matches are shorter than total video lengths as anti-spoiler is added]

:bomb_arrow:Results & Commentary
    Franek kicked the game off killing Jay with his first shot. NICE START. He also picked the next point up. Jay answered back scoring one of his own in the next round to take it to 2:1 to franek. The next segment of the game I think changed our expectations rather decidedly, as franek just purely outplayed his opponent bringing the score to 6:1.

The match as a whole was one of the most tactical and defensive games I've seen from this competition. Some rounds even lasted about a minute.

Was the earlier score just a lapse in Jay's concentration? Or was franek simply all over him?

The final score was..
    • 11:3 to Franek
    It's certainly not that JaytleBee played badly. I didn't see any huge missteps, or overreaching. I think it's down to franek - a player until only this point I didn't know how good he was. It's weird to find one of the favourites only when he's actually got to the semi-finals. But I'm sure he'll be joining some other favourites there too.

Goodbye Raz. Thanks for playing pal..

:eek: Final moment

(No this wasn't a bizzare explodimo arrow from franek. Jay commit suicide in the last round.)
    lastshot.png

But anyway, here ya go:

-Weldone Franek123. You have made it to the FINAL 4 ::P:::D::rekt:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bow:Knockout Update
    Tables.png
    • It's official - the semi-final on the right is @demosito vs Franek123. What the heck's gonna happen?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~Tournament ticklers from this match will be arriving soon

9. Blue_Tiger

10. daskew87

Tournament Ticklers ::P:

TournamentTicklers.jpg

#Power Start :flex:

Literally the start of the match.

#Chime of the Logs

There was something spiritual about this.

#Out With a Bang !!!

Not killed by that arrow. He ended himself in style.

--- Double Post Merged, May 6, 2015, Original Post Date: May 5, 2015 ---
    Throw in a Fact!

fact.png

Did you know?..

If you reach the top first on this tournament level (with your opponent clearly behind), you are about 80% likely to win the point.

Spire - by daskew87
    Spire.png

The downward one-way blocks make it so that fighting from the bottom is a rather ineffectual enterprise.

A good time to make it to the top is between 9-12 seconds. If you do that you are highly likely to win the round.

:B):

Last edited: May 6, 2015
  11. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester

Result was 9 - 11 with Verz winning aginast me. Putting the chances of winning towards elowan

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  12. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Intense match! :D

And for the real score:
    "faggot"

Blue_Tiger likes this.
  13. daskew87

:red:Knockout: Quarter-finals (results update)

Giants collided Saturday.

giants.gif

@Verzuvius vs @Blue_Tiger

:eek:

highlightingmatches.png

Once again an audience was gathered. The place was on tenterhooks :eek:

Both these two have had many practice 1v1s, and are loud about their little rivalry. They were set to meet in the quarter-finals, and alas the quarters came.

Well the fact that this was probably going to be a hard-fought victory for either competitor naturally created a brutal environment for both. ADDITIONALLY TO THIS - we experienced issues with getting the match started, and ALSO interruptions in the middle (apparent disconnections).

Anyway the fight started strong for maltager. He claimed the first 4 points. I was smiling for him as this is most certainly boosted his confidence against superman verzuvius.

The next segment of the match saw Verz answering straight back in Malt's face, winning 6 in a row. Good returns.

:rekt:

The fighting was very aggressive from the pair. Not many bouts lasted long. OoOooo.

..Next we had some 50/50 scrapping, with both arching their way to 2 extra points to take the score to 8:6 verz.

Well what happened next?...
    Verz powered through hard; pulling off a win each time, regardless of how close it got, or the nitty-gritty.

The final score:
    • 11:6 to Verzuvius
    We knew verz was a skilled archer, but now we know he's contest-tough, rising to the situation even under pressure.

Maltager potentially had the ability to beat him. Maybe the first contestant verz has played that could. Thanks for playing, you were highly dominant through most of your time here.

:QQ: Final moment

Malt had Verz pinned down, kept firing shots, but Verz kept evading and shooting back. This was a long round, but a quick defensive arrow finished malt off.
    final moment malt.png

Anywho..

-Weldone Verzuvius. You have made it to the FINAL 4 ::P:::D::rekt:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wink:

Tables.png
    • Now we have 3 out of 4 semi-finalists discovered. Verzuvius will be playing the next revealed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~Tournament ticklers from this match will be coming!!! Oh yiss.

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  14. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

Lol at 6:50, the point should have been for Maltager!

15. Blue_Tiger

It is true!

I demand refund, rematch, a meal with drink and all rights to being winner of this tournament.

NinjaCell, JaytleBee and daskew87 like this.
  16. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

git gud, m10

17. AmestriStephen

AmestriStephen Haxor Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

Personal opinions will remain personal opinions.

18. daskew87

Tournament Ticklers ::P:

TournamentTicklers.jpg

#Explosive Race

#Slippery Ladders :ladder:

Did malt grease them before the round?

#Cool off

Verz thinks it's time maltager cooled off.

Last edited: May 11, 2015
    RampageX, 8x, Snake19 and 2 others like this.
  19. JaytleBee

JaytleBee Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. [Server] Sandbox Reborn

@Blue_Tiger and I died how we lived: As Comrades. Filthy capitalists

20. daskew87

:red:Knockout: Starting round (last match)

Well it was @Egholm vs @xNaoki_x3. The winner would earn a place in the Quarter-finals against the powerhouse @Elowan.

But first we have need for a backstory..

:smug: Come forth Group D

Groupd.png

Well the @Elowan part of it all was fairly clear :huh?:, but the rest was a muddle.

muddle.png

Joiken had to leave after only playing 2 of his 3 mini-matches. His last match was supposed to be against Redlix - to decide who would go through in 2nd place. Therefore Redlix, having been more successful than the last placer Egholm by default would be sent to the knockout stage.

After a while of asking Mr Lix when he would be able to play Naoki in the first round, he at long last told me he didn't fancy it and thought he was probably going to lose.

:eek: So was I to put Naoki through to the Quarter-finals without fighting anyone!?

-NO-

I got in contact with the last member of Group D to see if he would fight in Redlix's place.

:note:!!!:note:!!!:note:!!!Egholm the saviour of continuity

So we had this fabulous match today:

highlightingmatches.png

So it was the 1st placer in group C verses the 4th placer in group D. Hmmm. Was this a whitewash? Or did Egholm have something up his sleeve?

[matches are shorter than video lengths as anti-spoiler is added at the end]

The bouts were generally quick. Egholm moved around very impressively in parts and performed respectably.. but the first 9 points were won by nao.

Did nao get a clean 11:0? Or maybe was the comeback of the century about to take place?..
    • 11:2 to xNaoki_x3
    With such ability from nao, it was going to be a mega-trial for egholm to get any kind of foothold in this match. He knew this before, but was an incredible sport to come along and give it a go regardless. Weldone sir :thumbs_up:

:QQ: Final moment

Butt finished the match how he played it - with valour. He attempted to assault nao's defensive position, but in the heat of the moment slipped off the map.

final moment egholm.png

::(:

..but anyway. Weldone Naoki! You have made it through to the QUARTER-FINALS.

Tables.png
    • This means in the last QUARTER-FINALS match we have Elowan vs xNaoki_x3. Both top archers from AG#. I wonder who their clan leader @Snake19 will be rooting for ::D:

~Tournament ticklers from this match are soon to be arriving

Last edited: May 13, 2015
    Egholm, Blue_Tiger, 8x and 4 others like this.