1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Trench Run Demo Feedback

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by TheDirtySwine, Apr 28, 2015.

?

What is your favorite class?

1. Assault

10 vote(s)
    22.7%
  2. Sniper

15 vote(s)
    34.1%
  3. Engineer

12 vote(s)
    27.3%
  4. Commando

7 vote(s)
    15.9%
Mods: 101i, Mazey
  1. If they do... I'm missing out on something truly fabulous.

2. BillyWeedman

BillyWeedman Haxor

The demo plays well, and the pixel art is beautiful, but I think many players, when online mp gets released, will miss a support defensive class like the builder in KAG which imho is the class that made the game awesome. And an engineer placing crates is something, but I'm still skeptical. There still needs to be some sort of "complex" building options to compensate for the lack of a destructible map. I like to think the devs are hiding something.

I totally understand the arcadey approach and I like it to some extent. But still... Guess I'll have to wait for a full release. :rekt:

Edit: To clarify, by complex building options I mean stuff like the above mentioned sentry gun, healing quarters, ammo warehouses, that sort of stuff. Anything that gives some sort of base building aspect to the game

3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

They didn't, fixed for next build. Probably one to round out the demo before the first supporter builds start coming out at the end of this week (or at latest start of next, we've got a vague timeline planned).

Currently this kind of stuff isn't planned, especially not as the main staying attraction; the round times we have in mind simply dont allow for building to matter much. There's no respawns, only heals, and even with some clutch play on a ~3 screen map there's only so much you can do (and there's likely to be a timer to put some pressure on and force turnaround as well). Suffice to say we're heading in a different direction than to KAG with it but we've got plans to help the game stick with new players and old.

SirDangalang and butterscotch like this.
  4. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Alternitively, maybe change the animation from when you pick up crates? Just bc--what with those particles flyngi everyhere--it kinda looks like you're busting them into pieces. ::):

IrishSmalls, blackjoker77777 and Geti like this.
  5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Was talking about that yesterday but must have been on IRC, couldn't find a quote here. It'd definitely on the list, haha.

6. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

@Geti
    Some bugs:
    If you pick up crate that was in water there stays empty spot in place of water.
    Commando make really strange sound while sticking to walls

Last edited: May 26, 2015
  7. Geti

Cool, added to the list.
    I think we fixed this just before I had to take a break from TR to work on KAG with Skinney.. We'll be polishing up the demo this week and next and be focussing on getting something online out for supporters after that :)

SirDangalang likes this.
  8. franek123

Also an bugs list/bug reports thread for TR would be nice. Right now I'm not sure where should I tell you about the bugs. I can't do it on IRC since you're AUS

9. Geti

These threads are fine, but the majority of the bigger ones are currently in temporary content afaik.
    Let us know if you find anything big but leave the niggly ones until the supporter-only versions start coming.

10. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

I decided to try playing with a controller today and was getting a weird bug. It thought there were two controllers being used. So when I'd be in the class selection screen and press A, it'd bring up the selection for both player 1 and 2. I'm using a gamecube official controller so it's not some obscure controller or anything

SirDangalang and Anonymuse like this.
  11. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

I've experienced that as well, it wouldn't let me separate the controls for players 1/2 I think. GameCube controller as well.

SirDangalang likes this.
  12. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

Not to beat the same drum but experienced the same issue when using a third party sega megadrive/genesis pad.

Yeah I'm that guy, whut up Nintendo? :rekt:

But yeah it's odd since I make sure that P2 remains set to keyboard when changing P1 to gamepad.

Otherwise loving the arcade feel and can not wait to do some 360 noscopes come supporter release ::D:

13. TBA_LordKnight

TBA_LordKnight Bison Rider

Imagine a load out system for all of the classes. ::D:
    So the Assault could have a shot gun in place of his rifle or the engineer could have a sentry in place of his cute lil' box.:r_flex::X3::flex:

Anonymuse likes this.
  14. Geti

Re: controls issues, have passed them on to MM who's responsive for those bits of the code. In the mean time you might want to try deleting your cache folder and explicitly binding the keys.

Re: loadout system - stop it you'll give me nightmares.
    Honestly it's not that sort of game. You'll get stuff to spend virtual bux on and brag about don't worry.

15. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

<3

blackjoker77777 and CowboyDan like this.
  16. franek123

Another bug:
    Granades go into blocks if you throw it at wall while standing just next to it.

TBA_LordKnight likes this.
  17. Geti

Noted, franek.

franek123 likes this.
  18. Winterbird

Winterbird Shark Slayer

I love the game, but i personally think that the Commando should be able to destroy engineer's barricades.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
    EhRa likes this.
  19. That would mean that engineers would die 10/10 to commandos... and tbh, unless you're very good with engineer, they'll kill you anyway. It won't be so bad online (once flash-bangs are in use).

20. Winterbird

Winterbird Shark Slayer

I meant it needed to be hit more than once, but just the fact that you can destroy it.

Mods: 101i, Mazey