1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

local LAN without accounts?

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by little_Peasent, Jan 5, 2015.

1. little_Peasent

little_Peasent Shark Slayer

Hi there!

Is an account necessary to play on a LAN server?!
    it doesnt make really sense cause you need to authenticate having an internet connection to the official kag servers .. :/

am i missing something here?

Andrex208 likes this.
  2. master4523

master4523 Masterful KAG Guard Global Moderator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

You have to authenticate at least once with the computer you want to play, then you can play in offline mode by clicking on the button as shown on this picture:
    upload_2015-1-5_19-6-57.png

3. little_Peasent

hi master!

thanks for your quick reply!
    maybe i didnt write my question properly

the setup is the following: there is a LAN without internet access,.. one machine is running a dedicated server and all the other players on different machines are trying to connect through doing the following:

1. start kag
    2. write a username, but no password
    3. click on the play offline button you mentioned
    4. click the back button on the bottom
    5. click on multiplayer
    6. connect to..
    7. put in the ip of the local server
    8. play?

i got some help in the irc channel and found an option which says:
    global sv_require_auth = 0; // If set to 1 server checks client authentication via master server.

but it doesnt work .. i put it in the dedicated_autoconfig.gm (on the server) and the autoconfig.gm (on the client side)

i still need to make an account and log in ONCE ?
    so i got the auth token which is still requested?

Andrex208 likes this.
  4. master4523

master4523 Masterful KAG Guard Global Moderator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Hello,

Unfortunately, after doing some research, it turns out the client requests a token when you try to connect to a server (even via direct connection), which means that you'll need an internet connection and one account per player (making an account is free)

5. little_Peasent

hi, sorry for the rather late reply,..
    since KAG came to my mind once again i was wondering about how things developed?
    still no real offline LAN mode available?

though making an account is free, in the end i still need internet connection even to connect to a server on my local LAN which is kinda.. well,.. wierd.

.. this shouldnt be too much of a hassle to implement no?

6. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

The free, alpha version is no longer getting updates (stopped in 2013), except for a "final build" making certain things like heads free and a few bug fixes a few months ago. They only update the new KAG, not the alpha version.