1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[781] Custom HUD

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG]' started by Jackard, May 31, 2013.

1. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

The HUD isn't even working for me,also everyt ime I use the HUD and join a server I crash is this a problem with the HUD? or something else?

2. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Haven't had any problems with it myself, just doublechecked.

3. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

It works on TDM for some reason but not the WAR, can you help with this?

4. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

The new version only has a few downloads but so far no one has reported an issue. Gonna need more info if you want help:
    • did you try a fresh install?
    • have you used any other mods? did you remember to update autoupdate_ignore_custom.cfg?
    • can you upload your files?

5. lomichelotti

lomichelotti Shark Slayer

awesome hud man!

6. Duke_Jordan

Duke_Jordan King Arthur's Knight Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

does it still work?
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 4, 2014, Original Post Date: Aug 16, 2013 ---
    #bringitback

Digger101 likes this.
  7. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

Holy shit I've never seen this before but I'd love this to be re-implemented!

#bringitback

Duke_Jordan likes this.
  8. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

The main problem is I forgot how to host my own maps/mods and cannot figure out how to get it working again.

I want to get back into modding, but there's no simple way to test anything.

Last edited: May 17, 2015
  9. Skinney

Skinney THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator Tester

For quick testing I would recommend using localhost.bat located in your KAG installation folder. Considering you are both the server and the client there are some nuances and ultimately you will need to test on a dedicated server, but localhost is much faster than running dedicated every time you test.

For maps the easiest solution is to point sv_mapcycle to a folder rather than a mapcycle.cfg, then it's just a matter of dragging maps into or out of that folder.
    Code:
    // example
    sv_mapcycle = Maps/Test/
    For loading mods you can just follow the manual installation in the blowjob overview.

10. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Warning though. If you want to make your own mod that may use a bit of networking related stuff (syncing, C*::set stuff, server/client only scripts..), you should often check using dedicatedserver.bat because localhost servers does not behave the same way as dedicated servers.

11. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

plugging away

[​IMG]

12. Horse_That_Goes_Ni

Horse_That_Goes_Ni Your favorite Persian Staff Alumni Donator

13. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

gonna have to make a bigger version so you can actually see it on monitors larger than the ones i had two years ago...