1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Archer crawling

Discussion in 'Archer' started by Monsteri, Sep 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Archers are already pretty awesome against knights, especially if you've got another knight on the ground as well.

2. Wyeth

Wyeth KAG Guard Donator Tester

I think the archer should get a knife and be able to crawl and slide (like playing soccer), only problem with that is that right now we got a good balance, adding stuff like that would in turn make more changes to the other classes or at least to knight needed to account for that. Balance is a bitch!

Gameplay > Realism

3. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Well I don't know if archers being able to crawl would unbalance anything, it would just add more potential to stealthy :P

Wonkyth likes this.
  4. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

The thing about archers tunnelling up would be solved by the fact that we can't duck in mid-air, so we wouldn't be able to get into a tunnel slightly above ground level without help.

And surely a knife wouldn't be OP if it didn't deal much damage (maybe only half a heart), and involved a short recharge time in between the stabs so archers wouldn't be encouraged to simply charge in. It would make it a last resort attack, and maybe even a risky hit and run tactic.

I just think crawling archers would be amazing. I mean, it would be easy to counter their tunnels, particularly if an archer could stab another whilst crawling, and it would put them in the scout niche to an even further extent, coupling with their tree climbing abilities.

mailgod89 likes this.
  5. Wonkyth

As much as I think it's quite possible for it to make a lovely addition, I just see this turning entire teams into retarded moles stuck in holes.

Noc likes this.
  6. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I would hate to see it become people turtling with it, if they couldn't crawl through tunnels (who would make them really? Even if they were made, easily blocked from other side. It would be hilariosu to have little one tile tunnels happening with archers going in stabbing any other archers on the way. Archers make great 'go get the flag because it's unprotected' characters, if nothnig else.

7. antimattergizmo

antimattergizmo Shipwright

We also can not forget that archers should be unable to carry a flag in the tunnels. That would make it way to easy for an archer to grab a flag while everyone is off fighting a bunch of knights that are a distraction and going through a tunnel getting way ahead before an archer or other class relizes and tries to go after them. The downside to this is having a giant stone structure that only has a stone tunnel leading out, meaning for the other team to get the flag would have to bomb the tunnel wider, because even if the other team gets archers in there, they could not escape.
    Archer's having a melee that is weak is needed greatly :D

sj67 likes this.
  8. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

Mole SJ67............. xD Sorry I had to. :P

Your right, they shouldn't be able to crawl through tunnels with flags. They could just tunnel underneath the map with the flag, while other people will be trying to make the hole 2 wide. It makes archers used way more, but cheating.

9. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

How would archers able to crawl with flag OP? A single stone, door or just any kind of block other than dirt would stop him.
    Honestly I would love it if archer was spy 1.0 + support unit.
    It is a very boring class at the moment.

10. Eric

Eric Shark Slayer

I agree, its to easy to stop, especially if they cant dig.
    I only find it boring on small maps, because theres no wide open areas for open season.

11. Wonkyth

'Cept that you'll just end up with your flag stuck deep underground.

12. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

We've been thinking about this for a long time. It could be good fun, but I think archers (and anyone else able to crawl) should be unable to perform any action while crawling to balance it out.

That'd mean if all units were able to crawl/dive they'd be unable to do any harm while performing that action, and wouldn't be retarded moles either. It'd literally only be useful for sneaking around or diving past someone in combat.

13. Wonkyth

Sounds okay.

14. DarkDain

DarkDain Shopkeep Stealer

Grr archers. Dark Messiah online archers were such a pain, being able to run and jump and twist all while shooting, archers cannot do that ! Even holding aa bow back is strenuous. This is what the crossbow will be for, your immobile to load the bolt, but then you can move and jump and dance and sing all while able to fire.

15. Hella

How would archers combat other archers in a one block tunnel? O.o

16. Wonkyth

They wouldn't. it would be nearly impossible to make a one-block tunnel long enough for this to be an issue.

17. Hella

I guess that makes sense. Would they be able to go into prone in the middle of a jump in that case? Otherwise they would only be able to enter floor level tunnels..

18. Wonkyth

From what Geti was saying, I'd imagine they could.

19. luckyfrost

luckyfrost Shopkeep Stealer

I agree with Wyhet, they just need knifes that should be able to kill for behind in one hit and to prone

20. DarkDain

DarkDain Shopkeep Stealer

so now they are assassins too ? They can already fight knights by jumping over them and shooting them in the back, now they'll just do that but with insta kill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.