1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

I'm just going to vent here....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sector1, May 19, 2015.

1. Sector1

Sector1 Shark Slayer

I put an hour into a CTF server ([MAD] public server). I pretty much single-handedly stopped an aggressive tunneling offense and turned it around to benefit my team. Regardless, I put a ballista in the wrong spot. A spot where it could be easily captured by mistake. So instead of letting the other team capture my ballista and use it to spawn at our front doors, I destroyed it. Suddenly a little kid starts raging at me for griefing. I explained to him I wasn't griefing and it was a bad spot-- plus it was my own ballista. All of a sudden he vote kicks me for griefing. I get kicked and banned. An hour of my life wasted because little kids don't understand how to play the game. People naturally vote yes on kicks too -- which is super frustrating. I feel like instead of simple majority the votes need to be a 2/3rds majority. Also The bans are way too long for these kicks. I understand you want to keep the griefers out but it is honestly keeping honest good players out of the game.

Thanks for listening. Vent over.

2. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

There definitely is an issue with the voting system (or maybe even just the players mindsets), but I'm not sure how to address it.
    I've been kicked for the exact same reason @Sector1, and by someone who was actively destroying my base at the same time! It's horribly frustrating.

I think server owners are able to change the vote %, but I'm not sure if they would be inclined to do so or if it would really even help in the end. I suggest openly announcing what you're doing before hand so maybe the more reasonable players will understand before just jumping on the bandwagon.

Kububv likes this.
  3. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I think I can speak for all of Nova when I say that the voting system is stupid. Unfortunately there isn't alays an admin online, so it is the only way to take care of griefers. Maybe you can beg Geti to start giving guard status to more active players.

4. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

IIRC I set the votes needed to 60% last time i reset the server, but not sure.
    Unfortunately these things will happen when no admin is present, and at the moment I'm unable to play. We should have things sorted in a week or so, and then I'll appoint some admins to prevent this sort of shit happening. Btw any future grieveances you can air in the Server Directory threads. This is the one for [MaD] CTF: https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/mad-public-ctf-eu.23506

I think setting the vote% needed at 60 or so as standard would help, and indeed appointing more guards.

5. PeggleFrank

PeggleFrank Base Burner

My last game, some guy just destroyed a ~500 stone tower right before the match started and then started accusing somebody else for griefing. We all stopped for about a minute and a half and didn't do anything in confusion, until the guy who built the tower spoke up.

The ban duration is fine, IMO. It's just the reasons for kicking people aren't always genuine and some people will always vote yes or no on votekicks, regardless of who it is or why they're being kicked.

You can't fix stupid.

Corpsey likes this.
  6. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

There will never be new guards. Official servers are administered by official server admins, and other servers can be adminstered by whoever they like. If the owners choose to have no admins, that's their perogative - don't play there.

^this. Unfortunately the only system you can fall back to when there's no admins around is democracy, and it's a democracy of angry, impatient gamers.

7. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

should add a weighted voting system based on score, for laughs

then when griefer rolls around you can do this

SirDangalang and Noburu like this.
  8. Lee_Shioon

Lee_Shioon NinjaBrian in disguise Donator
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

If you are still hurt from getting banned unjustly, I suggest that you should communicate with admins/mods through IRC or via forums because somewhere someone out there most or less likely will help you with lifting the ban if you somehow get banned again.

In regards to "kids" playing KAG, you do know that it all happens in any kinds of games out there that you are playing excluding single player bullsh*t game so please keep it in mind that your idea of zen/chill community -slash- players is nothing but imaginary and delusional.

TL;DR in short, get OVER it.

jimmyzoudcba likes this.
  9. jimmyzoudcba

jimmyzoudcba Haxor Tester

LOL
    Zen = chill
    but yeah, I agree.
    U can't really judge little kids being just raging and rude, right?
    So just change a server.

johny98 likes this.
  10. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I understand the frustration, the urge to vent, etc. but as most people here have said: you can't cure stupid.
    Also, fwiw, you still had fun, right? That wasn't an hour wasted; it was an hour spent enjoying yourself that, yes, was unfairly curtailed, but it was still fun, no?

11. Lee_Shioon

Lee_Shioon NinjaBrian in disguise Donator
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

Zen = peace and is barely related to chill (i.e. chill = relaxing) therefore your argument is questionable.

Just like the saying, "Time well spent is not wasted" or something like that.

Gurin likes this.
  12. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

This is hardly constructive and is a bit unfair as dude has legit criticisms... Can you guys stop pushing away good people because you don't agree with them?

13. this mindset of "hurr durr mash YES" needs to go. its a big factor contributing to the ubiquitous "toxic community" whine. i think we need a policy change that would warrant bans for starting bullshit vote starting and globally removing voting ability from such individuals. democracy isn't for kids.

in the meantime you should contact that server owner and ask him to ban that kid and strip the rest from voting rights.

johny98 likes this.
  14. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

I'm the server owner, I replied. Nothing much I can do without video evidence or a clear excerpt from the logs. Like I said, I'm about to appoint some more admins. I've also been planning for a while now on taking voting rights away from certain players, but haven't gotten around to it.

15. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

16. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

fuck grab priority forever

i grabbed a wooden log instead of a keg, as an archer

keg blew our wall up and enemy shit all over our base

because of a wooden log

17. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

I'm going to contact @Fuzzle and hopefully try to implement his grabbing script as a mod in my server, if he allows it and/or has it finished.

18. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

I've finished it, yet it's not a mod.

19. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

Can I just replace the (what I assume is a logic file) with it? How would I implement it on my server?

20. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Dead topic but wanted to bump it up with a real suggestion. Wouldn't it sort of help voting if to vote someone out, you have to hold down the button and it fills up a bar sort of like a charging bar? Prematurely clicking off cancels the click and you have to do it again and fill the bar all the way up.

Clicking no is just a simple click, but with doing it for yes, this will force them to think about it more without spam clicking yes just to get out.