1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Important Suggestions

Discussion in 'Groups' started by bunnie, May 19, 2015.

1. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

He likes the gregs.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 25, 2015, Original Post Date: May 24, 2015 ---
    An idea that I have to nerf zombies without making them weaker or removing them, is to make it where they die when hitting water. So add a water spell that will gib zombies, and so when there is no water maps, they have a way to clear a flood of zombies/gregs/etc.

Also @Chrispin if you ever change your mind about an RP server, let me know. You'd easily make it beat Aphe's.

2. Chrispin

Chrispin KAG Guard Tester

Originally you were supposed to start with 0 mana when revived, but mysteriously when I hosted the server, people were starting with 100 mana. I think that's the main reason why it's so rampant right now. You revive 1 guy and he has the ability to revive two more guys, ect, ect. Gonna try and patch that for sure.

Honestly I don't like gregs either, I just spent so much time on them :C

The water thing is probably a good idea. I don't believe in anaerobic zombies, and besides if they are at the bottom of a lake then they probably aren't much use anyway. It'll prevent gregs from drowning you at least.

3. daskew87

daskew87 Legendary corpse humper Donator

Yeah wormy as much as you like the gregs we can't have even more sorry.

4. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Why did you quote me when I suggested a way to kill gregs quicker?

5. daskew87

Was directed to wormy, continuing your joke.

6. kaggit

kaggit Bison Rider

I have a suggestion. How about a transformation? Transforming into one of the many zombies? Or maybe choose between them all? Turning into something like the flying creeper would be suicide. As you kinda self destruct. But transforming sounds cool to me. You guys probs could find out how to balance it. If it needs it that is.

7. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

There's a kamikaze spell planned:

Kamikaze Spell - Explode in front of an enemy, dealing him 30-60 damage, depending on the amount of health you had when kamikazing. Around 35-55 mana.

Needs to be balanced though.

Also there's a spell planned like that:

Raise Dead spell - You can change dead bodies (DEAD BODIES, NOT GRAVESTONES) into powerful zombie knights that damage enemies.

8. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

With the team mana, there should be a team spell (as like stated, only one time usage for everyone if someone from the team uses it) that spawns like a big zombie knight like Beo's zombie server has. The giant.

Make it have high hp, low, low defense, but super powerful strikes. 1 hit kills anyone.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 28, 2015 ---
    But also super slow moving speed.

9. CodeRedAlert

CodeRedAlert Arsonist Tester

CTF, but wizard towers? Greg's need to be nerfed or a way to break out of them, they make winning a game too easy.

10. elathu_asada

elathu_asada Builder Stabber

v18 is a terrible build. Merging both the new way of choosing spells and the old one messed up everything, it's even more complicated than it used to be and you can't even do emotes anymore. Either keep the old one or completely switch to the new one (which was better, because people couldnt spam spells so hard anymore)
    Also, you restored zombies? Come on, why would you do that.

Also, + for the no-mana-for-revived-fellas idea.

I feel like wizard wars is switching from a skill-based game mode to just mindless spam of gregs and revive. And this blows balls.

11. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

You can still use the old primary + second system, just don't press the numbers and that's all

@Edit: remove the fucking number system

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  12. darlanlogin

darlanlogin Gaijin in the world of kag Donator

I think for gregs, that it would be great if they have a time life, like self-destruct after a set amount of time. Would make gregs less annoying.

13. Chrispin

Chrispin KAG Guard Tester

Hold down right click and press the numbers to emote in the mean-time. Feel free to give suggestions on a better control scheme for this. The old system is still there because:
    1.) the new one is still being tested
    2.) why not? You have the free will to choose which menu to use

The whole point is to make switching between spells a more instantaneous action. If you think navigating through an enormous line of spells blocking your vision to prevent "spamming" is a good gameplay mechanic then you're a fucking idiot. Learn to memorize the combination of key presses for each spell if you want to "spam" them too.

You're supposed to start with no mana upon being revived, it just doesn't work on the server for some reason. It's still being worked on.

Zombies were added for testing the new spell selection and are slowly being replaced by new spells. Gregs are long since nerfed into oblivion because you can literally kill them while being held. The only zombie that is a hassle to deal with now are zknights, but that said zombies are truly the most boring part of the game.

Test server status:
    Just added cooldown meters for each spell icon to show you how much of a wait you have before you have enough mana to cast. Also added the prototype for a new spell, black hole. It does exactly what you think except it also drains mana from enemies and gives it to the caster

No.

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  14. daskew87

Strength of conviction ::D:

It seems like a good idea, but I'm not 100% about what I think about it yet.

15. elathu_asada

elathu_asada Builder Stabber

I said that the effect of implementing the "new" system for choosing spells (the number based one) was less spell spam, because it relies on skill more than the other one did (but it's also more dynamic, which is why i like it so much). I didn't say a word about whether the old system (the one with an enormous line of spells) was good or bad. I didn't complain or even imply that I myself couldn't spam spells so easily now, that the new system is here.
    Take my words with a grain of salt. I'm here to criticise your mod, of which you've done a great job already, not throw insults around.
    :huh?:

16. king-george

king-george Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

I've heard about the fact that you are adding new classes, so I've been looking in the Internet for names of these classes.

Necromancer (Greek/Latin for death/undead), Pyromancer (Greek/Latin for fire), Aquamancer (Greek/Latin for water), Terramancer (Greek/Latin for earth) and so on. Just put a Latin/Greek word to mancer and you have yourself a name.

17. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/archive/index.php/t-421053.html

18. king-george

Suggestion

New spell - Zombify

Icon -> ZombifiedIcon.png

Info:

Mana cost: 60 (may be changed)
    Needs to be fully charged

If you use this, you turn into a zombie creature with increased strength. You lose the ability to do spells, but get the ability to use melee. I am thinking it should replace the knight class (by renaming it and changing the sprite).
    I have begun on the sprite, and here is the current progress.
    ZombifiedWizard.png
    Also, you won't be able to shield.
    If this suggestion is accepted, then I will continue with this.

EDIT:
    You can however get back to your original form by dying and getting revived.​

19. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

11/10 personally i hate you really fucking much from the bottom of my heart, but i love this suggestion

20. king-george

@Chrispin

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015