1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG's Dying Competitive Scene

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ShamWow-SuperRag, Jun 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

I contacted all the clans leaders from "MaskG BlackGods", "[ReD] Red Army", "[Blu] Blue Army" on steam.
    we will see if they are interested :)

Psiklaw likes this.
  2. Psiklaw

Psiklaw Bison Rider

I didn't think about steam, maybe it would be cool to use it too :)

3. SAcptm

SAcptm Haxor Staff Alumni

Petty officialdom like this
    is incredibly off-putting

PUNK123 likes this.
  4. ShamWow-SuperRag

ShamWow-SuperRag zamn Donator Tester

Sac, in what way? The declaration, or the social group? Btw, I invited all the people on Snake's list to the whitelisted Social group. That includes you, Sac...

5. SAcptm

SAcptm Haxor Staff Alumni

The obsession with having an exclusive and "official" set of pre-ordained participants and having them sign a declaration(?!) not only presents an unnecessary barrier to entry which is contrary to your stated aims, but it also sounds to me like the total antithesis of fun

6. darlanlogin

darlanlogin Gaijin in the world of kag Donator

I'm up for a more competitive KAG. But just to you guys know, [RED] and [BLU] are brazilian clans and on my part i'll be glad to help on anything that is needed.

7. Psiklaw

Psiklaw Bison Rider

You have a point but please propose a way of having certainity of clan participation... I remember MLK and the 80% of the clan table empty ::(:

Darknighte9 likes this.
  8. Darknighte9

Darknighte9 Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. KAG Competitive League

I think Sham is honestly doing this to account for the laziness of certain clan leaders and keep everyone on the same page about what is happening with competitive atm in a structured manner. Maybe an official, public post about the Throne (or whatever it will be called) should be made? Then as soon as possible find out which clans for sure will be participating and committing?

Mazey and CowboyDan like this.
  9. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

No one is lazy at all. There isnt anything going on in the comp scene atm so any clanwars are for fun/self interest.

10. Darknighte9

"oh wow if mlk restarted I don't know who would take over, spidey isn't coming back blah blah blah"
    -someone, probably

I guess a better choice of words would be "lacking initiative" with some clans. And I would say there is plenty going on in the competitive scene given the amount of attention this thread has received.

11. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

There is a big diffrence between Big words and action

12. Darknighte9

I'll resist any temptation to further try to make a point. All I will say is I'm glad that the competitive scene is getting renewed attention and I will continue to support the efforts of people like Sham, Colar, Psi, Snake, and others who are dedicating time to this.

Snake19, Blue_Tiger and TheDirtySwine like this.
  13. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Dark don't talk to that pleb. Nothing good comes from him at all

14. whisper_dan

whisper_dan Ballista Bolt Thrower

I think most things KAG related are not as user friendly as they could be.

Creating heads is a problem for most people including myself and I am an advanced pc user. This is just an illustration of how the compettitive KAG scene could benefit from a little more organization.

Instead of having all these different threads and websites, there needs to be a condensed leaderboard with information and statistics that will appeal to regular users who are too busy or just not interested to read through threads like this and other ones.

I am a former starcraft and wow caster and would be interested in adding commentary to match recordings to further popularize the game and compettitive scene.

I will also take the time tomorrow to create what I think would be a more adequate illustration of the MLK scene. Perhaps in the suggestions section.

Cheers.

Snake19, Mazey and Darknighte9 like this.
  15. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Bison Rider Staff Alumni Donator Tester

I agree with a lot of the stuff other Dan is saying. There needs to be a lot more organization for stuff to work out and run smoothly. It would be awesome to a website or a dedicated forum section for a leaderboard, match history, and explanation of everything. Also, how would you guys feel if clan wars were just one match?

PanduhsFTW and kittycity like this.
  16. whisper_dan

whisper_dan Ballista Bolt Thrower

Cowboy_Dan people think I am you all the time I'm glad we are meeting here.

I think KAG programmers did a fine job with the score system. But I don't think score really matters when the object of the game, capping flags grants no points to a player or team.

Really the only thing that matters is who caps the most flags in a single match and wins or ties.

If matches don't progress in a tournament style you will just have a bunch of big numbers counting up forever or some sort of flat average that deviates very little from the median every now and then.

A single match is fine imho if there is a defeated teams bracket that can still earn their way to a match with an undefeated team.

CowboyDan likes this.
  17. Colargolator

Colargolator Horde Gibber

I think we first need the social group to finalize our projects. Once they are finalized, rules settled, mappacks etc.. we can bring it all in the league page of forums so everyone can see what we are doing and that the competitive scene is alive.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 16, 2015, Original Post Date: Jun 16, 2015 ---
    Require graphic artist skills rather than pc, plus it has nothing to do with competitive KAG whasoever.

We had/have one in the clans sections called "league matches". As you may know, it was active for some time when Spidey was in commands of it. Now he left, we try to bring this idea of a kag competitive league back together. I think discussions here will start bringing fruits very soon on the clan leaders social group, then we will bring that back for everyone to witness once it's cooked.

18. Great Idea. Speaking on the Australian competitive we can get these 2 to organize something in the 2-3 holidays coming up. @cameron1010 @101i
    Further more, we could do a joint Aus-Us Clan tournament. What do you guys think?

EhRa likes this.
  19. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Ew Us laggers.
    That would be kinda cool though, maybe played on EU servers for far laggnenssssnensensnsnensens.

20. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

Interesting idea in theory, however I feel somewhat skeptical about long-term. Reasoning behind this is even though the concept is unique in certain aspects, paricipators will eventually become uninterested. As an effect, activity will gradually decline(example being MLK). A potential way to counteract this could be to make minor changes to the format occasionally, whilst at the same time maintaining the original objective. This may sound like hard work, but you can't gain much by being a lazy bum. Nevertheless, I hope that this promising idea turns into a recurring competition!

Tynite, PUNK123 and Galen like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.