1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

My story

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Winterbird, Jun 29, 2015.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Winterbird

Winterbird Shark Slayer

A picture of my and the apartment under mine. (Yes, i live in nr. 69)
    upload_2015-6-29_0-58-21.png

So first of all i'd just like to say this story is 100% true.

A little about my apartment : So i live in an apartment with a bottom part that has a door that leaves out to the side walk and an upper apartment (Where I live) that has this stair down to the sidewalk.
    We also on the top apartment have an inside wooden stair.

So back in 2005 my neighbor (The person living under me) commited suicide. My mom reported this when we started smelling disgusting smells coming from the floor.
    My mom contacted the police who then checked the apartment only to find a corpse laying on the couch with an empty pill glass besides him. My mom was called in to identify the body.
    She described the corpse as having "Black Rotten skin and smelling incredibly fowl".

Fast forward 2 years this old lady moved in.
    (I would describe her as - Heavily built, Long Bushy currly hair, in her 60's and a loner)

She'd give food to other people's cats to get them come into her apartment and stuff, so she had a bounch of kittens and other cats. (Your typical old cat lady, with abit of a weird twist to her)
    So i got my sister to come down into her apartment with me, we knocked on the door and got in. Immediatly she showed us her small kitties, i found them really cute and i was really distracted, but my sister was only there to comfort me as i was very timid at the time.
    The lady began showing my sister this book she had where she had drawn all her ex-boyfriends in it.
    I didn't find any of this weird as i was very distracted by the kittens. Then when i got abit bored i began looking at her book aswell. I remember the pictures as "Badly drawn (Basiclly just a one colored outline with the same colored filling of a person)"

I was trying to keep a conversation so i brought up the guy and said something along the lines of "Hey, did you know the guy who lived here before you killed himself?".

I don't remember what she replied with, but my sister got really angry with me.

Fast forward to around 2011-2012

So my sister is having company and it's about 2am and she's litteraly walking slowly trying to not make a sound up, walking up our stairs.
    After about 2 minuttes our neighbor rushes up the iron stairs outside that lead down to the side walk up and asked why we were "Running up and down the stairs at 2am". She talked for a while and was really angry, after calming down she went back down into her apartment.

Fast forward (some weeks)

So it was about 7am in the morning and i was in my (pretty messy kitchen). managed to drop about 3 metal plates (The kind you put cooking paper on and cook stuff on in the oven.)
    about 3 minuttes after she rushed up to our apartment and began talking to me asking me several times things like "Are you alright?", "Do you need help", "Are you sure you don't need help". She wouldn't leave.
    After a while she left saying "Let god be with you". I was about 12 at the time and found it very funny, as i thought she sounded abit like some medieval knight or priest.

Fast forward (some weeks)

So these jehova's witnesses went up to my apartment and asked your typical questions.
    I answered something along the lines of "That i was sorry and that i was not interrested as i was an atheist"
    Then they went down to my neighbor (I think she talked with them for about half and hour to an hour.)

I think she told them about us or something and they told her about us being atheists or something because after that day we began finding bibical quotes in our mailbox like "Pray and you shall be forgiven", "A rich man has lesser chance to enter heaven than a camel has to pass trough a keyhole".

Fast forward (some weeks or months)
    Our outside metal stair that leads up to our front door points towards her kitchen so we can see anyone who's in there)

I began getting angry looks from her when i walked up to my apartment and stuff.
    Sometimes she would even wake us up in the middle of the night saying

"Stop jumping on me when i sleep", "Stop baning your hands into the floor", "Stop jumping around and banging objects into the floor".

One night she even blocked the door with her foot as my mom tried to close it.

(Fast forward (some weeks)

My sister and i was going to school one morning and my mom needs to wake up earlier than me to go to work, so she wasn't home.
    When we looked out our front door window we saw that she was blocking the iron stair.
    My sister and i were clearly incredibly intimidated by this as i was around 12 and my sister around 15. So we didn't dare go out there.
    This was in winter so it was really cold in the morning. So after around an hour she had gotten cold and went back into her apartment.
    When we thought the coast was clear we rushed down the iron stairs (Which makes a bounch of noise when you walk down them)

She ran out her door and ran after us shouting "You need to go to school children" with a really angry an insane tone to her voice.

(fast forward (some weeks)

She woke us up again when my mom opened the door she began begging us to stop making these noises saying "Now it's not fun anymore" sobbing.

(fast foward (some weeks)

When my mom was going to work one morning, my neighbor rushed out and chased after her. I think my mom managed to outrun her as she wasn't really fit and also abit elderly.

After that day my mom and sister went into the police station and reported her.
    I don't know if they got a restraining order on her, but what i do know is the police said something along the lines of "Call us and we shall be there as fast as possible, and report if she does anything serious again".

(fast forward (some weeks)
    So i was sitting up at the busstop waiting for my bus when she walks up there and begins talking to me, i was very timid and just answered her questions.
    I remember her asking "Do you have alot of a friends?" towhich i replied with "I have some" then she answered with "It would be a shame if you were to lose your friends wouldn't it?". I just laughed akwardly and i was pretty intimidated by her.
    When the bus came she didn't even go on it, she just left to go back to her apartment.

(fast forward (some months)
    She moved all her furniture into her innerroom in her apartment which is the only room in her apartment, here she moved every movable object into.

After this she moved it all out to their normal positions again, and lived normally for some months.

Then she moved - Great!

(fast forward (about 2-3 years)(winter 2013 or 2014))

My sister was out smoking on our front balcony (the one with the stairs leading down to the sidewalk)
    Then she saw her standing there, just standing staring at her with 2 heavy looking filled plastic backs in each one of her hands.
    Keep in mind (She moved about 2-3 years ago)
    My sister went in after she was done with her cigarette and told my mother and me.
    I looked outside the window and couldn't find her, but when i did my hair on my neck raised as i saw her staring right back at me with an incredibly angry look in her eyes. After about half an hour i checked again and she had moved back into her car, then i checked again after five minuttes and she was gone.

I never saw her again, and i don't hope i'm gonna see her anytime soon either.

If anyone else has a true creepy story, please share it!

Thanks for reading.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  2. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

This was the most bizarre shit Ive ever read. Lady obviously suffers from some mental illness

3. Winterbird

Winterbird Shark Slayer

Yup, can't help feeling bad for her. Even though this was a negative experience for me, it must be much worse for her. Best of luck to her.

ingra likes this.
  4. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

I really wanna thank you for that comment @Winterbird. People with mental illness have no real grasp on reality and (depending on the severity) often think their actions are normal and don't realize they're acting strange or, for lack of a better word), psychotic. They can't help how they are.

Winterbird likes this.
  5. king-george

king-george Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

How old was she? It said a bit earlier in the text that she was fifteen, so had she turned 18 by the time?

6. Winterbird

Winterbird Shark Slayer

At the time my sister was 17

This isn't an exact timeline as i don't remember when all this happened so clearly.

7. king-george

Well, she was then breaking a law. You are not allowed to smoke in most countries till you fill 18 years old.

8. Winterbird

Winterbird Shark Slayer

In denmark you can smoke no matter how old you are :P

You just can't buy them before you turn 18.

PinXviiN likes this.
  9. king-george

Ah, you're from Denmark? We're then technically neighbors, I live in Norway :P
    But where did she get those cigarettes from then?

10. Winterbird

Winterbird Shark Slayer

I guess she just bought them, you can buy them in every gasstation supermarket etc. They usually don't ask for any identification, even if you don't look like you're 18.
    Ofcourse if you're obviously alot younger than 18 they'll ask for ID.

11. king-george

Heh, well she broke a law :P
    But anyways, really nice story!

12. Winterbird

Winterbird Shark Slayer

Nahh, she didn't. The employees did by selling cigarettes to a minor, they're the only ones who can get in trouble for it.
    anyways it doesn't really matter. xD

13. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Yeah, who cares? That's a pretty insignificant part of the story anyway...

I have a kinda-sorta similar story, not based around mental illness (well, it could be) but equally frightening.

When my friends and I were younger, probably about 18+, we were really into the paranormal and enjoyed ghost hunting. We brought a digital recorder with us, a couple digital cameras, and this really old mini-DV recorder for video. There are quite a few abandoned schools, nursing homes, and hospitals nearby. One day we decided we were going to check out this old psych ward turned nursing home turned abandoned building in a town about 25 minutes away from our hometown. It was completely dilapidated and there were only a few ways inside, so we explored for a bit before determining that it was far too dangerous, as a lot of the floors were sunken in or completely collapsed by decay.

So we drove another half an hour to an abandoned daycare/preschool in our area, complete with half-disintegrated decals of Mickey Mouse and other Disney characters on the walls. It was much safer, there weren't as many collapsed floors or walls, it was mostly intact and even still had a walking track outside. So we were there one day around dusk, explored for a bit before we heard a car. We went out to see it was an elderly couple walking around the track. We decided to come back the next night.

We arrived around 8 pm or so, and it was summer so it was still fairly light out. There were a ton of storm clouds in the air, and it started raining as we were collecting our gear and made our way inside. We explored for a good two hours before we heard, again, what sounded like a car pulling up and stopping. We weren't 100% sure as it was raining pretty hard, so we went out to see...

There we saw the elderly couple, standing in the pouring rain, getting drenched, and just staring at us. Mind you, it was about 10 pm at this point, almost pitch black outside save for a few fading streetlights. They were just standing there, motionless, staring at us with blank expressions. We apologized for tresspassing and said that we would leave immediately. They said nothing, and as we began walking away we looked back. They were still standing and staring at the entrance of the school, in the rain, completely motionless. We packed our stuff into my buddy's SUV, piled in the and as we left, we noticed that the couple was no longer there. There was no other car in the area, no other people, nothing. Just an empty stretch of road, a parking lot, the school, and a few dim streetlights.

Needless to say, we never went back. I think my buddy still has the mini-DV footage, but I haven't talked to him a long time... Scary shit bro.

Winterbird and TheDirtySwine like this.
  14. Psiklaw

Psiklaw Bison Rider

!!!OY I HAVE THEORY OF WHAT HAPPENED

THE GUY who suicided was a sad loner, his soul damaged by so many hours spent crying in total darkness, empty beer cans all around the floor. One day he suicided, took all the pills meant to calm his nerves and died alone and unnoticed, until your mom found out, reported to the police, etc.

THEN when the old lady moved in, the guy's soul decided to torment her, because YOU, the neighbours, never visited him, neither did the previous ones; YET you DID visit the old lady. This made his angry spirit mad, so he POSSESSED the CATZ and made them break shit and make a lot of noise until she became mad, thinking it was YOU who made all that.

FINALLY when the old lady was sad and desperate, weakened her hearth and damaged her soul, HE POSSESSED HER DIRECTLY, as the suffering fed him, making him POWERFUL enough to TAKE CONTROL of her body. That's why she left; she was headed to the cemetery, to open his grave and eat his corpse so he could achieve COMPLETE CONTROL OF HER SOUL.
    :rekt:

15. Winterbird

Winterbird Shark Slayer

I actually did visit the guy who lived there before her, i remember eating buttermilk dessert with rusks with some other people.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 30, 2015, Original Post Date: Jun 30, 2015 ---
    Sounds pretty weird.
    Maybe they were just that kind of cool old people who like to pull pranks on people?

Scary and cool story tho'.

Mods: BlueLuigi