1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Terraria

Discussion in 'Other games' started by HODOR, Jul 4, 2011.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

Recently killed Duke Fishron with 100hp and a godly flairon, LOL.

2. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

i know this commentary is very old, but i cant just skip it, the birth of a new genre? what? minecraft is a "sandbox" game, i played lots of games before minecraft that arent sandbox/es , even GTA is considered a sandbox, and talking about new games, watchdogs is one too, its a third person shooter-action-sandbox game.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  3. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Indeed, sandboxes before Minecraft, sandboxes after. Notch was definitely on to something in his early development, it's sad however that a lot of indie developers have realized that they can be lazy and make games with very little content in this genre and release it under the pretense of 'more later' or 'community driven'. (Terraria, Edge of Space, every Minecraft rip off that's 3d).

Even when it's true sadly these games are more and more turning into very few hours of gameplay per dollar.

4. King Arthur's Gold

Chukka, Sturm and BlueLuigi like this.
  5. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

also, sandbox lost the true meaning, sandbox its an open world game, that you can use most of game mehcanics, without being in a mission except for non-mission games like terraria or minecraft, but, as i said, watchdogs keeps being sandbox, you can walk around without being in a mission.

6. ThE_HeRo

ThE_HeRo Bison Rider

Terraria is probably the best game I've played beside KAG and minecraft. I give kudos to each creator of the three games. My favorite is KAG, of course. :rekt:

7. Terraria is cool but KAG is even better.

KAG = PvP Terraria + Minecraft.

icemusher likes this.
  8. Dubovnik

Dubovnik Drill Rusher
    1. Top Hat Squad [THS]

I like Terraria. so many things like bosses or co-op play....... epic items, pets and NPC! Kag dont have this (not include pets items NPC)

9. Elf

Elf Bison Rider
    1. A Special Forces [SF#]

Guess what? My PC can't handle that ^^

10. noname42

noname42 Shipwright

1.3 release in 10 minutes!!!

dnmr likes this.
  11. dnmr

dnmr Ministry of ban Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

12. Elf

Elf Bison Rider
    1. A Special Forces [SF#]

(Terraria xbox) Just swapped frozen wings, golden shower, drax and wall of flesh trophy with WoodSlolololol for Nurse's suit :) I am proud of my deal, now i look cool

13. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

Just played 1.3 for a bit, pretty sweet update. I love the addition of Meowmere

BlueLuigi likes this.
  14. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

is it just me or is mining way more inaccurate now? The little target reticule is rarely where I'm pointing, so replacing parts of my wall is a nightmare. It's almost as bad as KAG's tunnel-and-door-seeking pickaxe.

15. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

Press ctrl. The yellow reticule is best using for destroying and placing background walls.

16. I bought Terraria for like $2 and have gotten hundreds of hours from it. There are areas where it definitely lacks but the feel of exploration and adventure is unmatched by games like minecraft.

Maybe I'm getting the wrong message from your post but I don't see how anyone could think Terraria is lacking in content.

Porti likes this.
  17. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Original Terraria definitely was. Patches like 1.2 and 1.3 (consider how long it was before they came out though) made the difference. Originally the game was $15~, I bought it much cheaper as well, but that was the general price. For that, it really wasn't worth it.

Minecraft only has content/price because of a very large array of mods that add more than any Terraria patch adds to Terraria by themselves basically.
    Also really I meant not just Terraria but many other games of similar genre, a lot of these 'indie' games release maybe 20 hours to go through the game and want $15~20.

Terraria has done a great job at turning past that point and their releases certainly have added a decent amount since release, but Terraria also had a very sloppy original release like their networking and not obfuscating anything.

ThE_HeRo and Joiken like this.
  18. Porti

Porti Ballista Bolt Thrower

Well, I really like the nurse in Terraria. When you go to her and click "heal" with full life, she says: " I don`t give happy endings" ::P:
    And every villager has something funny to say, it`s worth to read, really::):

PUNK123 likes this.
  19. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

Talk to every female NPC in Terraria except the Party Girl during a Blood Moon = Profit.
    :smug::thumbs_up:

(This is pretty old tho)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  20. king-george

king-george Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Maybe a Terraria server for KAG fans should be made?

Mods: BlueLuigi