1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[YB] - The Young Blood Collective

Discussion in 'Dead/Inactive' started by FuzzyBlueBaron, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

[​IMG]

2. Ozminer

Ozminer Bison Rider

Not very nice
    Mate, I dont like your attitude

3. Tern

Tern Quickfish Donator Official Server Admin
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

I'm not mad at all, I just honestly don't understand. Care to explain why you spend time moderating the forums when you no longer give a shit about the game?

4. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

Because he gives a shit about the community?

5. Tern

You're funny, Punk.

6. PUNK123

]You cant just claim what i am saying is something else, that isnt how the world works. I consider the forum "community" different than the playerbase.

7. Tern

The community is made up of the playerbase. It's that simple. If you don't care about one, it doesn't make sense to care about the other.

8. PUNK123

No. There are alot of people on the forum who do not play the game and they are still apart of the community. They were apart of a past playerbase and now actively use the forum.

9. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

10. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

I will ALWAYS love that gif.

Check it out, @t3rnary. I haven't played KAG for quite some time... But I still come to the forums almost every day to talk to a lot of the buds that I have met over the course of my stay here.

Why is it wrong that we still hang out on the forums and still like to keep in touch with each other? Why should it matter to you if Noburu and I are part of a rather large, "anything goes," type of PM thread with over 90 participants or not?

And if you can honestly sit there and say that the playerbase and the forum community are on the same level with a straight face, there's something wrong with your brain. If I can be frank here, I think that your comment is far more detrimental to the community than Nob's joke was.

You may not have noticed it... But your brain did...

11. Tern

Thanks for explaining your sentiment a little, instead of posting images and gifs in an attempt to be funny. What I said may have been tactless, but I doubt it was detrimental to the community in any way. My point, however, still stands. People like you have admin on the official servers when you almost never play. Noburu and others are forum mods and they don't even moderate the forums. In fact, FBB and Reudh are the only ones I see doing forum moderation. If you want to have your own convo on the forum, fine, but why are you guys still moderators/server admins when you don't volunteer any of your time to actually help the community? I haven't noticed this problem in any other gaming community, but it seems to be a rampant problem in KAG's.

12. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Galen and paralogia moderate the forum too ;)

13. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

How is it a problem? Is there a large amount of shitposting going on that only you are aware of?

14. thebonesauce

So wait, are you jealous that I have admin on the official servers? If it's that big of a problem, whatevs, I'll see if Furai will transition it to you since you're so invested in it.

PS: Just because I don't play at the moment doesn't mean I never will again. It means that my computer is a piece of funky fresh shit and can barely run Firefox with a few tabs open, let alone actually playing games. Once I have an updated machine with some half decent specs, I fully intend on getting back into KAG and moderating the official servers post haste.

15. Tern

I'm already an admin on official servers, I just don't understand why you applied if you don't play much.

Fair enough, I hope you're able to get a new rig soon. We seriously need more active admins on official.

16. thebonesauce

Also, totes not nepotism as Furai genuinely doesn't like me much.

17. Tern

I didn't didnt mean you in particular, but there's definitely some nepotism around here.

18. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Most of the long-standing people who have some kind of responsibility dip in on the forums when required, but generally it seems to tick along with the people who regularly work on it. It looks like nepotism, but that's probably the fact that people need to be vouched for before they receive vast and limitless power such as mine, and that means people who current impressive folk at least have a passing aquaintance with, and then they get further involved with the pre-established groups.

The older guys are sort of seperated, but a few are still involved, especially on the forums. It's people like MM who are the problem; I never see him around here, yet he's still a dev. I think he's only got the position because he's sleeping with Geti.

19. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

Where do I sign up? ;=;

20. PalladiumGirl

PalladiumGirl Catapult Fodder

ive been invited what do