1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Just Got Kicked From a Server For No Reason - How to Improve...

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by KingXandercosm, Jun 30, 2015.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. KingXandercosm

KingXandercosm Shipwright

I just got kicked from a server for griefing, apparently. Happens to me all the time. I think a new kicking system needs to be implemented to stop trolls.

First of all, the minimum amount of votes against kicking someone to halt the vote should be 2 so that the vote has to be nearly unanimous to actually kick someone. (and, believe me, it is when there is an ACTUAL griefer). Next, I think that ignoring the vote and not inputing anything should count as a "no" vote. Finally, I think that if a player on your team topples more than 30 of your own team's blocks at once, "[name] might be a griefer!" should appear in the chat.

Tell me if you guys have any other ideas.

watermelon200, J-man2003 and PinXviiN like this.
  2. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

I would say yes, this is a good idea! But what about workshop griefer, or people that block up your base, :l?

Magmus and watermelon200 like this.
  3. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Has been suggested two thousand times already, use the search function.
    Are you actually suggesting that everyone pays attention to what's happening?
    Two things: that's a horrible idea since blocks aren't assigned to teams. If a blue player was to completely reduce the red base to dust and rubble and the chat would call him out as griefer then there's always enough people to get that guy votekicked even though he actually played the objective. And even if blocks were assigned to teams, that would be a bad idea.
    Secondly: if you have a very ignorant team (which happens a LOT) then their inability to read the chat or hit the vote buttons would only hinder your attempt to get rid of a bad guy.

tl;dr: play on servers with admins

4. Psiklaw

Psiklaw Bison Rider

I have a simple idea: replace the fucking "READ BOOKS AND BE NICE TO EACH OTHER" with a image with interesting noob info, like "DONT USE DIRTSPIKES" "DONT GRIEF" "DONT VOTEKICK INNOCENT PEOPLE" just with this even the most stupid player has a input that tells him what to do right in a game where everyone will tell him "noob u sck".

BUT WAIT THERES MORE

Maybe use the "tips" that appear in screen when you play the game 1st time afer installing, so they appear in the "loading blobs" screen or maybe just add tips like the ones above to this system.

5. Migrant

Migrant Bison Rider

Hello!

Psiklaw likes this.
  6. Psiklaw

Psiklaw Bison Rider

I REMEMBER YOU!

7. Migrant

Migrant Bison Rider

No.

PUNK123 and Psiklaw like this.
  8. KingXandercosm

Dude, use your head. What I'm saying is that they should MAKE it so the game can distinguish between blocks placed by your team and ones placed by the other team. And yeah, the team is often ignorant. There's only so much you can do...

9. Galen

Who can't use their head here?

Do you want to know why that would be a bad idea? No? I'm telling you anyways.
    I don't know how often you play stuff like TTH or CTF, but in literally every game there's advancing structures that were being built by the other team (red) that your team (blue) took over and turned into their advancing structure. And why is that a bad thing? Well because if the other team (red) comes back to take said structure back, and actually blows it completely up then it's still gonna call out people from the other team (red) as griefers, even though they came back to get their structure back.

Also, there already are logs (in the rcon console) that tell admins who collapsed what. But those are inaccurate to no end and were never actually seriously useful unless there was nobody else near that structure for the next 1000 tiles.

norill, PUNK123, Auburn and 1 other person like this.
  10. KingXandercosm

Just got kicked from another match a minute ago for trying to fix our crappy base... It's getting hilarious.

But, yeah, I hadn't thought of that. No need to get annoyed. I really just wish there was a smarter way of kicking griefers so that other people didn't have to suffer from stupid noobs and trolls that abuse the system...

11. Galen

There is. Play on servers with admins.

12. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

How come I've got approximately 1500+ hours in game and I've only gotten kicked a few times while youre getting kicked daily. I've seen you make rude comments in game. There are some easy ways to innovate out of a problem. Have you ever tried not talking unless necessary?

13. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

ironic that the servers i've seen people getting kicked for no reason are mostly officials, isn't it?

Asu likes this.
  14. Galen

I was obviously talking about places with active admins. I have no idea how active the official admins are since I rarely launch the game these days.

PUNK123 likes this.
  15. KingXandercosm

Yeah, I usually play on officials and there are never admins on there. Still, I rarely ever see admins anywhere. I think it's a little unfortunate that we would need admins just to keep KAG's own system of weeding out griefers in check...

Just so you know, Swine, I've never gotten kicked for spamming and I'm not getting kicked daily. I happened to have two back to back. I have probably been kicked 5+ times overall. But that's enough to leave me annoyed.

16. RampageX

RampageX Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

I get kicked for "hacking" when i'm just shitting on people. I honestly think you should just leave it be and play on a different server.

Dargona1018 likes this.
  17. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

If you're altering the base, it's easy:
    Tell your team "Hey, I'm fixing this".
    That way, they know that you aren't being a douche and breaking stuff.

In KAG, EASILY the MOST KICKED thing for greifing, breaking ballistas.
    Every time that I am about to, I say something to the effect that they can easily take it back and the cons are too great.
    Boom, anyone that thinks I'm a griefer, I just refer them to chat. Even if that person starts a vote, people look down in chat, see what I said, and they choose No.

You might just be getting bad luck, but these things are easily avoidable with competent people.
    If you are on servers with a shitload of incompetent people, don't. You'll get burnt out and leave this game.

18. Tern

Tern Quickfish Donator Official Server Admin
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

I play on officials several hours a day. Whenever I see obviously bullshit votes, I vote cancel, and I believe I've done that for you before.

Maybe we just need more active admins on official, because I rarely see other US admins on. Unfortunately, people are dicks and admins are needed to keep them in line.
    @Furai

PUNK123 likes this.
  19. KingXandercosm

I see what you guys are saying. I think maybe I just got unlucky and/or need to state my intentions when breaking stuff. I'll try to improve in that area from now on. Thanks for the help!

20. reading your posts makes me believe the only problem is you. post chat logs to prove me wrong

J-man2003 likes this.
Mods: Rainbows