1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion Roleplay Discussion

Discussion in 'Groups' started by zhuum, Apr 22, 2015.

1. zhuum

zhuum Builder Stabber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Welcome to roleplay discussion.

Since the old suggestion thread has now been locked as it serves no purpose, we still find that a place where people can discuss roleplay ideas as such is still quite necessary feature here. Even though there won't be an update on physical content the community itself can still come up with good ideas on what to do next.

You can post here to discuss anything roleplay server related - ooc matters, solve and issue with another players with an admin overview(Please try to solve arguments as fast and reasonable as possible), come up with new roleplay story to do with friends and so on. Basically whatever you need to discuss about roleplay as such.

Feel free to ask questions here or comment on something that happened on the server. Though there are threads for Fun moments and fan art for more specific type of discussion, so please do check those threads out too.

---

Few thread specific rules:

1. Do not spam - as in do no create single-worded/sentenced posts of why nobody would reply to you. This thread is not spam box.
    2. Do not start/finish/continue arguments between you and one other person - even if it may be roleplay related and involves only 1 person please start an conversation with that person, it's there for an reason.
    3. We love Coon

If any of admins deem your posts as spam or unneccesary clutter or irrelevant to roleplay it will be deleted.

---

Have fun discussing!

2. Sohkyo

Sohkyo Bison Rider
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

First.

3. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

Congrats.

Well who the hell doesn't love Coon? :heart:

Anywho, seeing that the official server will not be updated anymore, we can still continue the storyline of Aphelion's Roleplay alongside exploring the vast expanse of Eve in great detail through Forum Roleplays (FRPs abbreviation). I've multiple ideas, such as Noom's Fall as well as something about Shadowlands I rambled to Sohkyo on about, poor bugger. You may or may not already know (PinxViiN knows definately.) that Forum Roleplays last several months and can include upto a dozen people or possibly more if it's well controlled alongside containing far more description, interaction and such than ingame, if written in a certain manner of course. Forum Roleplays could benefit this community quite a bit; gaining more attention, increasing activity in the Social Forum, may infact bring certain people back from the dead so to speak, and let's be honest... keeping me focused on a FRP will keep me from going on murder rampages. If some of you think this may be a good idea and beneficial I'll get to work on creating one as soon as I'm not busy. Won't take me too long to create one since I have the blueprints of the rules and such from previous FRPs I've conducted; less headaches for me!

Note: Forum Roleplay Rules are entirely different from Ingame Rules.

'nother Note: Once one Forum Roleplay ends another may begin either straight after or after a month or so break; the amount of FRPs can be endless as long as we have plans and ideas. FRPs are pretty much mass collaborations of essentially writing a book, depending on it's size.

4. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

A small idea:
    You know when you are in a dark cave and have no lantern? Well, you still don't need it since you can see 4 blocks away with your bare eyes... In pitch-black cave. logic
    Maybe remove these "cat-eyes" or reduce it to seeing to only one block away, so then you could still "feel" the surroundings. It also makes people use lanterns more.

5. ingra

ingra Bison Rider
    1. Active Forum Users

Yeah, I usually am a little bugged out by this when I'm rp that guy :rekt:

6. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

is there a screenshots thread

7. zhuum

zhuum Builder Stabber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Well, there is Fun Moments thread to show any fun moments you had on the server. And then there is reports thread where you can post screenshots of bad players for report.

8. Sasquash

Sasquash Zicronium Merchant Donator

Hm, the server's been down for a while
    any chance of attaching a game tracker that could be linked to the front page of the social forum?

9. rynardt_sieberhagen

rynardt_sieberhagen Builder Stabber

been looking through the animal files, saw a pig, maybe, I know aphe said that they will only patching and fixing bug reports, but maybe

10. marufrozen

marufrozen Catapult Fodder

Server down?

I haven't been able to see the server for several days now.

Yush it's back! Hooray!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  11. rynardt_sieberhagen

rynardt_sieberhagen Builder Stabber

:lantern:
    :lantern:
    :lantern:but what happens if u are a animal that has night vision eyes? :lantern:

EDIT: mmmmmmmmmmm maybe I could just put a lantern in my inv, also, should be interesting trying to dig into an enemy base without seeing,

12. ingra

ingra Bison Rider
    1. Active Forum Users

It's back! :QQ:

13. Sasquash

I noticed that my official Kag Head ((That shows up on all servers)) doesn't work on RP, minor investigation looks like the way the server currently calls on the heads.png is different and looking at the one that is present it is older than version 1500. If this could be corrected I'd appreciate it. I'm not talking about a blowjob head, I am talking about a Full version, that is always present.

14. marufrozen

Where can I find out more about the new stuff that was added? Components and such? Or should I be just experimenting?

Edit: Also seems like some things like trap blocks are broken. Still really intrigued by it all.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  15. Aphelion

Aphelion Wunderkind Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

16. marufrozen

Oohhhhhhh. Thank you. I guess I should play normal KAG more often.

17. boagboy

boagboy Drill Rusher

hey just letting you know someone kicked me for my charicter being "annoying" :P all i was doing was not doing as he said.... *sigh* if anyone is a admin you you discoridge doing this, cause its really annoying -_- now i have to wait 5 mins XD.

if this is doing something wrong then do say and i will correct myself, but last time i checked this isnt a reason to kick ):

(their were 2 people their who voted vote starter was ramZ and the other guy roboly just mindlessly voted yes :p)

18. Sasquash

So any chance of mechanisms getting re-enabled?

Also was it intended that the team that placed their team colored platforms cannot destroy them? This is rather obnoxious when you misclick while rotating. I don't tend to but have had several players in game mention this flaw.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 1, 2015, Original Post Date: Oct 2, 2015 ---

Edit: 11/1/2015-On joining it shows an elipsis and if I press the home key it has repeating errors I'll try to screenshot it but last time the entire game froze;
    Edi II: Cannot screenshot this, when I pull of the home menu and or join my game freezes.
    It produces this error when trying to load a couple of scripts:
    01:31:09] PACKET_SNAPSHOT_ONCE count 2145
    [01:31:09] Too much once packets , something went wrong 2145
    [01:31:09] Bad snapshot; skipping 3386885b fail 16 (last packet 52 once 54 debug )
    [01:31:09] Object to delete not found 17369
    [01:31:09] Bad delta!
    [01:31:09] Bad snapshot; skipping 238b fail 15 (last packet 50 once 54 debug )
    [01:31:09] Bad snapshot; skipping 115b fail 14 (last packet 50 once 54 debug )
    [01:31:09] Bad snapshot; skipping 147b fail 13 (last packet 50 once 54 debug )
    [01:31:09] Bad snapshot; skipping 188b fail 12 (last packet 50 once 54 debug )
    [01:31:09] Bad snapshot; skipping 124b fail 11 (last packet 50 once 54 debug )
    [01:31:09] Object to delete not found 17349
    [01:31:09] Bad snapshot; skipping 91b fail 10 (last packet 50 once 54 debug )
    [01:31:09] Bad snapshot; skipping 147b fail 9 (last packet 50 once 54 debug )
    [01:31:09] Bad snapshot; skipping 51b fail 8 (last packet 50 once 54 debug )
    [01:31:09] Bad snapshot; skipping 115b fail 7 (last packet 50 once 54 debug )
    [01:31:09] Bad snapshot; skipping 123b fail 6 (last packet 50 once 54 debug )
    [01:31:09] Object to delete not found 17350
    [01:31:09] Bad snapshot; skipping 83b fail 5 (last packet 50 once 54 debug )
    [01:31:09] Bad snapshot; skipping 115b fail 4 (last packet 50 once 54 debug )
    [01:31:09] Bad snapshot; skipping 115b fail 3 (last packet 50 once 54 debug )
    [01:31:09] Bad snapshot; skipping 91b fail 2 (last packet 50 once 54 debug )
    [01:31:09] Bad snapshot; skipping 147b fail 1 (last packet 50 once 54 debug )
    [01:31:09] Disconnecting peer : too much failed deltas
    [01:31:09] DISCONNECTED FROM SERVER
    [01:31:09] *Restarting Map*
    [01:31:09] Clearing scripts on client disconnect

Finally got the screenshots from this
    2015-11-01_00002.jpg 2015-11-01_00003.jpg 2015-11-01_00004.jpg

From those you can see that there may be a messed up script somewhere in your Map Loader file?

Edit III: Deleted all mods, launched kag and returned the exact same errors. Deleted the mods again, Forceupdated.
    Ran Kag, same result

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  19. de_licious_2

de_licious_2 Catapult Fodder

I had a kind of weird, but possibly interesting idea. When you cut down a tree, it makes logs, like we all know, right? But what if you could pick up one of these logs, throw it on water and use it as a solid stepping stone if you're not far enough in yet to get a boat, or risk being eaten by sharks ::D:
    Not sure if it'd be practical but I think it would be quite cool :log::log::log:

20. boagboy

boagboy Drill Rusher

that would be fricken awesome