1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Bombs and kegs thrown from catapults are lit upon launch

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by PeggleFrank, May 17, 2015.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I don't like that, kegapulting is a fun strategy that's actually pretty strong, I think it's fine that it takes two people to pull off. Removing teamwork strategies like that really doesn't sit well with me. Teamwork is fun, and messing up / blowing up your base once in a while is hilarious and part of the game.

kodysch and Sky_Captain_Bjorn like this.
  2. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Teamwork is all well and good, but rapid communication is crucial and some additional cues might be really helpful. For example, there is no visual indicator for whether a catapult is charging for anyone but the person firing. In classic, at least the cata pulled back and I think even played a sound as it was being pulled back in preparation to fire, as opposed to now where the cata sits still and silent and you pray that the guy manning the seat is actually holding LMB.

Yagger likes this.
  3. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

Makes sense, as of now you need to light it then put it in the cata, which is dangerous and time-consuming.

+1

4. PeggleFrank

PeggleFrank Base Burner

It's not always funny when it goes wrong. In a pub, you're often kicked for griefing, and in an organized match it can cost you the game.

5. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

Yeah. That's... like exactly what's hilarious about it. Losing a match because you fucked up with one keg, your team yelling at you. Fun is not about winning, mate.
    [​IMG]

SirDangalang and PeggleFrank like this.
  6. watermelon200

watermelon200 Catapult Fodder

i like to just become a knight, take a keg with me and launch myself so i can light it whenever i want :keg::teabag:

7. Nah this is a bad idea, it takes away the teamwork needed to pull off a powerful attack.

Dargona1018 and Fernegulus like this.
  8. H3llO

H3llO Shopkeep Stealer

change the initial idea to "add a button to lit keg/bomb in catapult" (only the seated player should be possible to lit the keg/bomb and additional bound the space key) and its good.

Currently you can throw kegs with the cata by litting the keg, placing it in the cata's bucket, take seat then charge and fire; Following problems
    -you are to slow doing the aforementioned
    -litting the keg then the bucket is occupied
    -litting the keg then the seat is occupied
    -the lit keg explodes midair (because of the short timespan of lit kegs it is not enough to reach some distant targets)

the suggested idea
    -you cannot time when your keg/bomb explodes
    -this disables the ability to throw unlit kegs (if someone wants to do this for some reasons)

Mods: Rainbows