1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog BUILD 1537 - Quality of Life

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Then you shouldn't be getting into a situation where there is a builder able to spikedrop your face.

bru-jaz likes this.
  2. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

As if it's always that easy.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 23, 2015, Original Post Date: Jul 23, 2015 ---
    Pretty sure there's not too many people pissed with the spike nerf. There were way more people pissed with the boulder nerf, though, which is funny.

Snake19 likes this.
  3. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Probably because boulders are more expensive than spikes, harder to use and twice less powerful

4. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

solution?
    NERF SPIKES AGAIN
    kek

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  5. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Solution : upgrade a bit the power of the boulder :)
    or decrease it's price

makmoud98 likes this.
  6. Atheon

Atheon Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

The new Trap Blocks give me cancer. (Keep falling into my own trap that I have made)

bru-jaz likes this.
  7. CapitanForceX

CapitanForceX Drill Rusher

The new trap blocks feature is pretty good. Devs should only change the key to active them because "s" it's cancer. Now, in game, you will stop all trap farmer (People who will use your trap to farm kills) You will not always see people who destroy your own trap because while they were killing an enemy, they fall down it. This is my idea about this new feature ::):

8. Tern

Tern Quickfish Donator Official Server Admin
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

Are you kidding? The cost is 35 stone vs 30 stone, so boulders are barely more expensive, and at least spike drops took some set-up first. Any archer that knew how to right click could go flying around the map instagibbing multiple people for his 35 stone. Spike drops take a lot of timing and positioning and cost 30 stone each time. Boulders were definitely way more broken than instakill spikes.

9. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

the difference is: you spawn with 30, but you don't spawn with 35. even though it's a difference of 5, it still means you have to go out of your way to get that 5 stone. Sometimes, there are no more stone veins around spawn and the only way is to break some stone blocks to get those 5 pieces.

10. Tern

Tern Quickfish Donator Official Server Admin
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

This is hardly inconvenient. At worst, you sit around waiting for your next resupply while holding your stone. Keep in mind that the boulder is reusable, so someone only has to do this once unless the boulder gets broken.

Blue_Tiger likes this.
  11. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Yeah that's actually my biggest problem with the boulder right now. They're pretty fun and useful even though they don't instakill. The thing is, it breaks in what seems like 1.5 slashes, if you throw it at a knight it has about a 75% chance of being destroyed. It's really frustrating.

Another thing that might be nice is making boulders team-based, so that if a blue person was last to pick up the boulder other blue people could walk through it and not damage it (but maybe still be able to stand on it? You can kinda use boulders as footstools sometimes). I've made boulders, put them down to build something, and then some knight (and an archer once) on my team just casually destroys it as they walk by because it's kind of in their way.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
    kodysch, Asu, Blue_Tiger and 2 others like this.
  12. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

Is there anyone who could test something?
    I am trying to create a map with mechanisms but everytime when I save it using /savemap command I can not load it back anymore.. There are some errors in the console. I wonder if it's just me or bug. Could you guys go and build a simple mechanism in sandbox, save the map and then load it to see if it works?
    It would be the best if you place mechanisms underground.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2015
  13. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

it would be easier if you just uploaded the console logs

14. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

It's no longer important. I forgot that KAG does not load map and any files added to the game folder while game is running. I can load saved maps after the restart. Sorry and thx.

15. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Create empty maps named map1 map2 map3 etc and save your maps over them - Then you can load them on the fly.

norill likes this.
  16. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Re: spikes v boulders - I could probably buff boulders a little but honestly I don't see them as a very interesting mechanic. I've got a feeling those who liked them just enjoyed the cheap instakills. "It was counterable" doesn't change anything in a primarily pub game. Could up the HP on them easily enough though but that'll make them more annoying to clear - maybe just reduce sword damage on them haha.

Re: team based boulders - The problem with that is that you can't break boulders that a liability to your team. It's a hard issue and I see the motivation but I'm not sure it's a great solution.

Re: map loading/saving - gotta figure out how to inject saved images into the file cache.

RadioActive and Tern like this.
  17. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

maybe that could be a use?

icemusher likes this.
  18. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

It was fun because it was different. You can vary how the archer plays at the moment, but it's more like defensive, aggressive type of deal. Having a boulder really changed how you played. The kills aren't cheap because anyone with a brain can deal with someone running for them with a boulder (knight is slow with shield up, and boulder doesn't do much for them really - archer has 2 hearts - builder is slow and once he has gotten rid of the boulder has almost no weapon)

Why would they be a liability? If you pick them up, they become your team and you can now pass through them like you can in TDM.

19. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Re: builder weapon choices - Drills were always a better weapon choice as builder anyway.

Re: them being a liability - yeah I'm sure 5 exposed boulders in your base for solo knights to "have fun with" is an attractive prospect to everyone

20. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

No it rlly wasnt. If someone rushed you with a drill in the tunnel one tap with the boulder and the enemy is dead. IDC either way about the nerfed boulder just telling you how it actually worked builder vs builder

icemusher likes this.