1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog BUILD 1537 - Quality of Life

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Yeah, or 5 exposed kegs, or mines, or bombs anything. A noob can make anything to go against your team, plus I really don't see how a solo knight would have any need for a boulder ... your point is unclear.

bru-jaz likes this.
  2. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I think the hard part about boulders is that they either worked really well or they broke really fast and you just wasted your time getting mats to make one. Boulders did take some skill and I don't think it was that bad in 1v1 situations. I don't think it was a good idea to let it kill multiple people tho... Although they made for some easy kills they weren't as easy to use as you think. I feel like it made archer more of a glass cannon and offered some offensive play rather than sitting back and spamming arrows. If you want to talk about fixing boulders you should really talk to Anonymuse about something like that.

3. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Yeah, and just like all that other stuff you can move it somewhere safe.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
    Blue_Tiger and norill like this.
  4. unforunately boulders dont stack too well

5. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Then make them stack better - I never saw the point of them crushing each other.

6. CookieEpic

CookieEpic Shopkeep Stealer

The trapblock thing seems unecessary at best

7. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I'd rather you give boulders more of a support role than a direct battle role anyway. Something new and fresh that makes people forget they were even used to instakill people. Though I have no idea what they could be used for in that regard.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 28, 2015, Original Post Date: Jul 28, 2015 ---
    What if boulders only did major damage if a builder uses it on another builder, otherwise if they use it on any other class or any other class uses it on them, etc, it'll do as it does now? This way they can still do some major damage. The best of both worlds.

8. SlayerSean

SlayerSean FYI: it's pronounced "seen"

I don't see why we don't fix launching boulders from catapults, so that they are reliably powerful in that situation. Then as people have mentioned, make them sold at catas to help enforce their use there, or something.

9. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Boulders are actually really strong in catas already I think

10. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

they need more range tho IMO

PUNK123 likes this.
  11. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

You know what I think would be a cool function? Being able to mix together different items into one. Like a boulder and a keg and so when you toss this it'll hit say a wall and do it's damage, then blow up like a keg afterwards.

12. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Or a saw keg: When someone falls into it it blows up.

Or Spongebomb: It sucks up all the water then explodes

Or lantern and mine: blows up when stepped on.

I like where you're going with this...

13. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Your joking aside, the spongebomb is pretty cool though I'd probably have it blow up and what it blows up is what it absorbs since bombs don't actually do any damage to water so it'd be sort of cool to have one that blows up and absorbs the amount the explosion would normally cause.