1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Petition to remove bomb bolts

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by 8x, Jul 23, 2015.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

It might kills stalemates and look fun on the paper, but kills the gameplay in most of the maps and cuts yourself in two for a cheap price.

Discuss.

wilpin7 and PUNK123 like this.
  2. SAcptm

SAcptm Haxor Staff Alumni

I agree they can be pretty devastating, but sometimes when you have a long game and a huge impassable tower, they can be pretty much the only alternative to mole-ing which people also seem to hate. I really do like the fact that they can break tedious stalemates, and wouldn't want to see them go without anything replacing that niche.

If they are overused then the price of them could just be raised (the ammo refills are far too cheap imo).

SirDangalang likes this.
  3. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

It's pretty balanced because 2 bomb arrows takes it out.

bru-jaz and SirDangalang like this.
  4. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

I doubt they will ever get removed but a price increase for the bolts coupled with taking the ability away to slash the bolts in air(atleast this is what it looked like when i was shooting them at a couple knights) would be best imo

5. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

I suggested before, a higher cost to buy bomb bolt tech to begin with. 60gold for a permanent upgrade is really cheap. If it could be bound per siege shop maybe (so lose shop= lose bomb bolts). I would also like to see a coin cost attached to the upgrade, something prohibitive like 250coins.
    definitely make the bolts themselves more expensive too, say 60 coins.

But please don't remove them, they can be a lot of fun.

6. PUNK123

just ruin the entire ballista's use, thanks.

7. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

You're gonna have to elaborate on that.

8. I think they should work vs structures as they currently do, but stop OHKO'ing people. Maybe like 2 hearts on direct hit from an explo bolt?
    A lot of the problems in KAG stem from the fact that things that are supposed to be used offensively are much better defensively.

PUNK123 and Obione5256 like this.
  9. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

oh look casuals ruining the game even further

there you go: the reason it exists

10. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

Knights are able to slash ballista bolts in one hit. Either raising the price of bolts or reducing the damage they do should suffice. If both changes(if any at all) are implemented, the ballista will be unfairly weaker.

11. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Just remove siege altogether.

12. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

^I know, John. I can't believe they made this guy official admin either.

13. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

I don't believe that the actual destructive power of the Ballista should change whatsoever. It is an important tool for ending stalemates that get out of hand.

However, the speed at which they can be acquired could use some looking at. It currently takes 110 gold total to be able to fire bomb bolts, and then a mere 150 coins to deploy a Ballista. That's barely more expensive than a keg, and significantly more potent. A refill of 12 bolts costs only 30 coins, as well.

Coins aren't hard to acquire in KAG, especially during stalemates. It wouldn't even be that much of a deal if the Ballista were to cost an outlandish amount of coins (perhaps 300+ for the ballista, 60-100 for bolts). This would at the very least slow the speed at which they can be obtained, and reduce Ballista spam, while still having them around for when a game just drags on much longer than it needs to.

SirDangalang likes this.
  14. TheDirtySwine

The only problem with that is that a ballista doesn't stay up very long when an enemy is smart enough to get two bomb arrows and destroy it. It's such a hard thing to balance because you want it to have devestating consequences without being too overpowered.

What do you think about making the bolt limit smaller, charge time longer, but bolts do more damage as a result? That nerf would make builders want to create ballistas closer to towers so they can get more shots off. Either that or farther away from a tower but it would take longer to charge up shots.

15. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

Charge time should NOT be increased, it's fine as it is. It all just needs to cost more, especially the bolts.

ShnitzelKiller likes this.
  16. TheDirtySwine

You don't understand. If it costs 300 coins it can still be taken out by 100 coins for 2 bomb arrows. You'd be wiser to save your gold and buy forward tunnels if you knew a ballista would always get destroyed

Stevedog, SirDangalang and PUNK123 like this.
  17. Blue_Tiger

100 coins if it's undefended, and the enemy team actually has shops, and has enough money to get 2 bomb arrows before it does huge damage. Right now, when I try to take out a ballista, I buy 2 bomb arrows to go take the fucker out, then some builder cunt builds a platform in front of it, and I have to get close, which isn't going to happen when there's 50 thousand archers behind stone platforms spamming arrows at me. Not to mention if I do manage to get close, knights spawn there with invincibility ready to kill me in one shot.

Remove ballista 2015.

18. PUNK123

you cant shoot thru platforms ,with a ballista, so at most it would cost you 150 coins for 3 bomb arrows(and bomb arrows damage thru platforms so i doubt it would even cost that much)

19. Blue_Tiger

You haven't seen 5 fucking layers of platforms.

20. PUNK123

then it isnt used for destruction and who gives a fuck

bru-jaz likes this.
Mods: Rainbows